Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wargame AirLand Battle

So I didn't play since like last DLC, what's meta now? Coordinated mass airstrikes as always?

Coordinated mass airstrikes as always?
Enjoy your walls of pact AA bursting your expensive planes like point piniatas.

Cat B and even C are viable now. Game's much more balanced. I usually play with a Cat C East German deck, Cat B Soviet Armored for the lulz or a Cat A German Mechanized when I play NATO.

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
A lot more is viable now. Coordinated airstrikes are always good, medium tanks actually appear quite a bit more, high end infantry is worth it and will outfight their lessers for the most part, flamethrower infantry actually kills dudes now, etc. etc.

Generally, there are more decks you can play and actually win with now, as opposed to nothing but USSR or Mixed NATO. The US deck is fairly comparable, in ability, to the USSR deck now, and all of the minors, save for maybe Norway, Denmark, and Canada, are pretty strong on their own too.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Coordinated mass airstrikes as always?
Enjoy your walls of pact AA bursting your expensive planes like point piniatas.

Cat B and even C are viable now. Game's much more balanced. I usually play with a Cat C East German deck, Cat B Soviet Armored for the lulz or a Cat A German Mechanized when I play NATO.

yes it works very good now many more decks are possible indeed, last patch made it a better game , except i find the french tanks far too weak . I dont see any reaons using an expensive amx 40 with poor armor now that everyone has better accuracy.

If you're any good at RTS games and isn't Dune 2 knockoff orthodox I would heartily recommend. However I would probably wait for next release (Red Dragon) which is going to be set in Asia and will add naval forces to the mix. Well if you can get AB on cheap though, you might as well since RD won't be out too soon.

If you're any good at RTS games and isn't Dune 2 knockoff orthodox I would heartily recommend. However I would probably wait for next release (Red Dragon) which is going to be set in Asia and will add naval forces to the mix. Well if you can get AB on cheap though, you might as well since RD won't be out too soon.

There's a -20% off sale of ALB every 3-4 months or so. Game is really worth it's money and it gets better with every release and patch. Pretty much the polar opposite of everything else in the game industry.

Red Dragon will probably come out around May-June in beta version. European Escalation-ALB had the same dev phase time frame and with all the dev diaries and blogs out already, it's a very possible date.

Mortmal

Arcane
I suggest too to get it now, red dragon is not out anytime soon and willl probably not have the same polish at release. You dont need to be very good at rts , its more slow paced than usual and doesnt rely on a specific building queues at the beggining . Let me see steam says i spent 200 hours on this already and i am not a rts addict so they must do something right.
All you need is some comon sense when placing units and of course read this mandatory guide before : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-uURrYRBWlOFHMbZRSjCE0A6p9FGj2EhKD9SjvUmeug/edit#

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wargame: Airland Battle is a kind of a game I have never played before (I did not play any other games in the series). It's very unique, interesting, and finally, the gameplay is extremely entertaining! At least in multiplayer, because singleplayer sucks due to dumb AI. Playing with other players, however, gives a very fun experience, but you'd better have a lot of time for a single session because a single battle can take up to a few hours! In this strategy game tactics are more important than anything else, even weaker side may achieve an easy victory if it uses an effective tactics and its enemy does not. The game's units mostly play like rock-paper-scissors, some units are exceedingly effective against other, being average or useless against others, and being more susceptible to some enemy units than to other. Playing the game requires observation, thinking and adaptability to the changing conditions on the battlefield. The two sides are also very distinct and play quite differently. The only downside of the game is that "turtling" tactics works too well in many situations and some games end in stalemate because both players know whomever attacks first is likely to sustain heavy casualties and in consequence lose the game. Nonetheless, it is one of the best RTS games I have ever played and I recommend it to everyone who enjoys strategy games. Oh, and 10 vs 10 battles are just epic!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
A few hours?

Nearly all games are set to 30 or 45 minutes in the lobby.

Also fuck kommandosi and their lameass vehicle suppression

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom