Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unicorn Overlord - Tactical RPG by Vanillaware

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
amalia keeps kicking my butt...
Managed to get to Rank 2 with most of my units still being lv 22-24. Won the Rank 2 fight because my entire team was full HP, and theirs was missing 1. Kinda silly, but I'll take it. On to Amalia!

BlackPlate

Novice
Man Coliseum is kicking my butt, bloody Wyvern'[s Lament, none of my anti-air tactics can stand up to their stats and the shaman in the background debuffing me.
Really puts into perspective how much stats from items and levels matter.

notpl

Arbiter
Wyvern's Lament roadblocks everyone for awhile, I think. Wyvern Masters are just a ridiculously strong unit. Once you beat them you'll breeze through the next ~5 guys with zero trouble, comparatively.

BlackPlate

Novice
Oh man I pushed it to No.5, I don't think I can do more. Might look into even bigger cheese, but the payoff is not worth it.

REhorror

Educated
The story is fine as a vehicle for the action and characters, but it's definitely the weak point. If it had been on the level of Triangle Strategy or Tactics Ogre this would be a nearly perfect game.
Talking about that, Triangle Strategy 2.0 WHEN WHEN?

After this game gets a PC port of course.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Man Coliseum is kicking my butt, bloody Wyvern'[s Lament, none of my anti-air tactics can stand up to their stats and the shaman in the background debuffing me.
Really puts into perspective how much stats from items and levels matter.
I'm waiting until most of my guys hit 20 to unlock their next skills, then I'm probably going to try and rush coliseum down.
Shamans are quite strong in general afaik there's no aoe debuff to counter their curse.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Oh man I pushed it to No.5, I don't think I can do more. Might look into even bigger cheese, but the payoff is not worth it.
kicking amalia early absolutely worth it just for reward and her equip. she's very easily cheesable, but this path is locked for me this playthrough, so it was "kill before she kills you". i managed to do it by the end of elheim with ~28 team.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
This game has the best female character in JRPG. Is so based you can marry her.

Just imagine what the children could be like. 8 foot tall giga chads.
GBFfqLT.png

LtY1nx7.png

The game itself was a pleasant surprise. Vanillaware games usually have extremely basic and simple gameplay, which they compensate with beautiful art, animations and music. This time they actually put genuine effort into making a solid combat system. If only 13 Sentinels had something similar instead of that tower defence crap. The story is kinda whatever i just started skipping cutscenes around mid game.

Is a solid :3/5: maybe :4/5: if you really ike the artstyle and the plot. Shame the devs are retards and don't make PC ports.

BlackPlate

Novice
kicking amalia early absolutely worth it just for reward and her equip. she's very easily cheesable, but this path is locked for me this playthrough, so it was "kill before she kills you". i managed to do it by the end of elheim with ~28 team.
I suppose so, but it's not like the game is so hard to warrant best equipment at level 18 :lol:
I'll look into it once I clear the map a bit more, spending hours yesterday grinding through the challenges was fun until I started bashing my head into a brick wall. I won but at what cost

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Elheim feels like a step up in challenge to me. I did skip some of the desert area, so I'm perhaps a bit underleveled/underhonored, but the inclusion of advanced classes in enemy rosters feels like it made everything a lot tighter, most of my formations have bad matchups unless they specifically counter the enemy. Still not that hard, but not a total stomp like it's been for a while either.

Reinhardt

Arcane
most notable thing about elves is that every single their unit can provide support attacks, so they can whittle lone squads if left unchecked.

Sunri

Liturgist
Just finished the game 61 hours on the clock great expierience 0 bugs pleasant gameplay and story likeable characters and I married chocolate elf very good

Reinhardt

Arcane
still my favorite mission

ksfXNZH.png

jrj9yAn.png

lost first squad. i had to field them against 2 enemy squads 10 lvl higher to protect main base.

SQEcumY.png

Demo.Graph

Liturgist

REhorror

Educated
good pipo beating ebul pipo. literally breathe of fresh air.
Have you tried not playing D&D watching TV?

If it had been on the level of Triangle Strategy or Tactics Ogre this would be a nearly perfect game.
Talking about that, Triangle Strategy 2.0 WHEN WHEN?
Ok, you two got me intrigued. I've googled for that triangle thingie and
SQUARES

vIKg38u.png
Most TV nowadays is subservive where da bad guy is good and da good guy is evil.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Most TV nowadays is subservive where da bad guy is good and da good guy is evil.
Eh, watch something older then. Got around to watching though a bunch of Stargate SG-1 and every other episode is good guys fighting some kind of space hitler and being all righteous and preachy about it. "This technology that would create infinite energy and cure cancer isn't even worth stealing from these guys, because they're racist!" has come up like at least 4 times now.

Crayll

Liturgist
Almost 47 hours in and I only just finished Elheim. This game is massive if you're doing all of the side content.
Definitely Vanillaware's best game now. 13 Sentinels has a far stronger story and the music is better, but otherwise this is just a straight improvement on all their past works.

I like the darkie elf that clearly wants to jump the prince's bones. Sorry, Scarlett, maybe next playthrough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom