Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Curious about the financial return of continuing to release content for underrail.

Personally I would have moved on, as a developer, before even working on the expansion. Despite how great the expansion was, it was poorly integrated into the overarching game both in terms of gameplay and narrative.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Is it true that ''Expeditions'' is basically Deep Caverns 2.0 (read it on some random Steam review)? Is it worth playing?
Not even remotely. Not sure where you would get that idea. The only thing I can think of that might give that idea is that it's also a fairly high-level area (though not as high as Deep Caverns). You can also leave and come back.

Another thing apart from the the area and quests is that it allows you to unlock a method of fast travel that imo almost makes it worthwhile alone. I have a hard time imagining playing the game without it.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Personally I would have moved on, as a developer, before even working on the expansion. Despite how great the expansion was, it was poorly integrated into the overarching game both in terms of gameplay and narrative.
You finished already?

How does the new area and quests (content wise) compare to Expedition?

What's the story setup?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
You finished already?

What's the story setup?
I meant expedition. Haven't touched the game since finishing it.

Spark Mandriller did you do it on dominating?
also I found out that with each conquered square it gets harder. As such I tried to defend and attack only in single direction. Indeed it allowed me to go further but in the end I failed as even with full squad you cant attack into swarm.

did you find out what to do with that fuse switch and computer in the cave?
Yeah, dominating. Eventually.
And I did it again just now because I saw a tattoo in the new images section of the wiki, so that was another 2 hours or something. And once again it was just luck. I did the same thing I always did until it felt nice and started spawning swarms instead of legions so I could attack/defend more easily. And then once I took the second front so I only had two left to split guys between it was incredibly easy.
You brought the torch, right? If you have it in inventory then it pops up. Must be a buff of some sort, you can move it between fronts. Has to help somehow.
I did get a new tattoo (+50 resolve) but it wasn't the one on the wiki, so I don't know where you get that one. Maybe it's for the training room with like 20 guys? Except I can't clear that room so I can't test.

Update:
Did manage to finally clear the training room. I had to spam napalm grenades everywhere to funnel movement, and got really lucky since some of the bad guys seemed to get lost. I actually managed to end combat at one point, which I really needed since I was out of psi reserves (metathermics build from years ago, so old it doesn't have plasma beam).
No reward just for beating it, but it does unlock the mystery tattoo. It's +2 psi crit chance when wearing chest armour with 50% penalty or more. Not very useful. But I suppose most tattoos aren't.
I've heard that TC skill also affects it, so psiless characters are effectively boned, even with Torch.
Whoa, it does. I tried it now with 126 effective TC and it was incredibly easy. I won with 0 men lost the first time I tried.
That's incredibly stupid, why should TC builds have it easy and everyone else have it nearly impossible? It's not even psi vs no psi, since if you go for the other schools you're still screwed. And it strips your equipment so you can't even use items to buff. Why would they do that?
You finished already?

What's the story setup?
It's extremely short so you can finish it in an hour or so the first time you play it. If you've played it before so you know where you're going you can do it incredibly fast. It's just one base, you explore it, you leave, the end. The only quests are "look around" and "find a way back", basically no story.
Buy this if you want the new weapon types/want to fund Infusion. Don't buy it if you're only interested in the new area.

None

Scholar
Alternatively, buy it because you like Underrail's lore and want more. Expedition has some good meat to it in that regard.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I played UR some years ago (2016 or so) and was somewhere halfway thru the game when I had to drop it, and later lost my saves.
I had started it twice to fix my build before, but I couldn’t bring myself to play again through the beginning, which I found very tedious.

Now, I’ve read that over the years Styg has modified the game quite a bit. Did he by any chance get rid of the boring bits?
Just use the speedhack. The Cheat Engine version still works better than Underrail's builtin speedhack.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
was anyone able to interact with power generator and computer in the cave at the end of new area?

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
yeah, he's guilty - guilty of DOMINATING

gfQXa7N.jpg
"aw shit, here we go again"
nY30bgK.jpg

destinae vomitus

Educated
LMGs feel like the most busted thing I've played so far, pretty much ARs but on steroids, the only real disadvantage being worse action economy due to lack of gun rush but who even cares about that when everyone visible (and even some offscreen) turns into swiss cheese from a burst or two. My build is hardly minmaxed and I've just been mowing down everything with zero issues with the MG-42 unique, which I only upgraded just now. Miniguns in comparison feel like memeguns from what I tried, by the time you're revved up you could've killed everything with an LMG. I'd wager that there'll be some nerfs and buffs respectively.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Styg is apparently considering a buff to Miniguns where as they rev up, the cost to burst will decrease. Should make them a lot more viable.

ciox

Liturgist
Fusion cannon = best part of the DLC imo
Did you notice that
you can disassemble it and rebuild it with higher quality parts and practical physicist/power management?
Saw something on the stygian forum yeah, that is certainly one way to buff disassemble and I may actually get it on this character even tho he's level 25 and it would cut into veteran feats.
I would have preferred if disassemble had its specialization buffed but this works too.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
>there's a 1920 qual LMG available for purchase at level 6 from the junkyard weapon merchant
>can afford it with Abrambucks
>can outright kill Elwood's plasma walker with non-optimised char and gear in 2 turns, no need for EMp grenade
:hmmm:
well, I'm not complaining.

Last edited:

CHEMS

Scholar
Also does anyone actually fight the newton azuridae, or does everyone just use molotovs?
>enter compound
>kill the lone bug
>go to the door
>throw grenade
>close the door
>end turn
>end turn
>end turn
>start turn
>open door
>all bugs together
>throw grenade
>adrenaline
>close the door
>repeat until total azuridae death

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom