Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
NAx9tBv.png
Where your cursor is?

How do you find out about it?

thesecret1

Arcane
I found a .44 LMG right at the start and am now scouring the Junkyard for anything to nick so I can actually afford bullets. This thing will fucking ruin me, but it's so damn satisfying to shred any fool that dares come close.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
my spear guy got only a single spear and I dont remember why. I wonder If ill be able to get far like this
Can you go back once you started it or you have to finish it all before heading back?

I'm level 17, i think i'll do it when i get level 20.
You can get back. If you will feel like something is missing when you return, check the train.
i found dude tube 5min in. It appears though that this character didnt acquire juice yet

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
I didn't plan for it going in, and for a change consciously avoided it, but I'm dipping into pickpocketing just for the bullets lol

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I need a psychic grenade launcher build. I want full story access + new dlc weapon.

CHEMS

Scholar
Anyone met any "companions" yet or does anyone know how and where to get them?
I think the only companion is the Gunslinger guy. I'm not into companions on RPGs, so i shall mourn his death briefly when he dies as i loot his sweet gun out of respect

std::namespace

Crafting ain't shit

most surprising thing about this is that youtube didnt take it down with that soundtrack...
can you trigger the masters on demand or did they just happen to spawn on that run?
i liked the shotgun chort finish :>

Zeem

Learned
Crafting ain't shit

most surprising thing about this is that youtube didnt take it down with that soundtrack...
can you trigger the masters on demand or did they just happen to spawn on that run?
i liked the shotgun chort finish :>

You get an email in your SGS computer at the start of every Dominating playthrough that tells you whether you have Demise or Arena Masters, so if you have the former you can just immediately export your char and restart util you get the latter (or vice-versa).

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
ive encountered 160 lockpick check

new lazor gun seems to be insane, although i didnt test it much. 12AP, twice the dmg of crafted good lazor gun(that got 15AP). Polarizing, 4% more crit chance. However got lower magazine and 175% crit bonus while my crafted lazor is at 263. It can stun however.

You can get it without combat easilly early game and then just walk back. You do need 120 base hacking to unlock it and there is extra penalty:
- walking back or
- engaging in combat inside the base
results in extra guards being posted, making stealthy entry impossible.

Speaking of stealthy entries, it doesnt seem that you can infiltrate by donning exo suit - also there is no agile option from 4 presented

crafting mats are mostly up to 120, but I did see some 155 electronics

This is all like 30mins in

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
im stuck... cognator
ive reached him without casualties. Im not cave wizard. Got trouble comuncating with him.
I think its hinting at juice but... I dont have it. Did I miss anything or am I to go back and find the dude?

Also whats the point of recharging train? Ive utilized like 12 car batteries and nothing happened. Console is still mostly toasted like it used to be

CHEMS

Scholar
So Master Exploder got a grenade launcher for his fight at the arena. Not that it makes any difference, he still gets one shotted.

CHEMS

Scholar
Don't know to be honest. Playing a crossbow build right now and no one that had a grenade launcher got the chance to use it against me

Zariusz

Arbiter
I dont like how in this new dungeon every time i try to loot something, after few checked containers horde of enemies spawn. I would understand if this worked like enemy patrol groups but they just spawn instantly even if you have just destroyed previously spawned group, no delay, no limit.

std::namespace

I dont like how in this new dungeon every time i try to loot something, after few checked containers horde of enemies spawn. I would understand if this worked like enemy patrol groups but they just spawn instantly even if you have just destroyed previously spawned group, no delay, no limit.
underrail core gameplay since the expansion, u don liek?

Mauman

Learned
New weapons any good? GL useful for regular gun builds?
I've been playing a HW build and so far it's pretty good. Does a pretty good job of tearing shit up.

I found one (I'm not sure if it's guaranteed) at the GMS compound. I think it was outside, so you can get it early if you walk there. Though I might be misremembering that.

More importantly, Jonas sells them. So the discount you can get from him in his quest is actually useful. Furthermore, he can sell one that has a 25 AP attack and fire more bullets than the 35 ap one (does slightlly more damage, but I think more bullets and two attacks outweighs that). With Full auto I'm firing something like 18 shots per round. Good stuff. The SGS armorer can sell it too.

Can't say much about the grenade launcher yet.

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
dont bother with 160 lockpicking and 140 hacking doors in dlc area, nothing there.
Hacking and opening something at first stop of the train actually opens something... Had to return to that area later. Or perhaps some styg sneaky fix?
After talking to commander and walking back, there was extra section with lunatics. Or perhaps styf fix. Again no idea

New rift at top left corner of second DLC area, you can get there without combat.
yes, and Ive confirmed that you need juice while speaking with their commander. Speaking of, im stuck there now
battlefield. Each direction give hints at enemy numbers. Seem to be following homm vocabulary
Few: 1-4
Several: 5-9
Pack: 10-19
Lots: 20-49
Horde: 50-99
Throng: 100-249
Swarm: 250-499
Zounds: 500-999
Legion: 1000+

However, did few tries on dominating and I just cant clear it(dunno if its difficulty related). What I gathered so far:
rifts numbers appear to be random.
north squad gets anihilated on 3rd turn. Always, even against vulnerable gate.
Have trouble assessing mild thread. Sometimes was able to clear it with 1/3 of the troops, sometimes not.
Not sure if I must assign troops to all gates or not. If i get legion everywhere and defend, it doesnt seem to matter much between defending all spots versus going all single
I often get legion all the way 3 turns in the row. Try to defend on those, be it evenly or concentrated and I just keep losing numbers until its game over

anyone with proper tactics? Or is it dominating diff being a problem?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom