Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

These are a must for a heavy armor/hammer guy...

0FB29EC81A3CED42BAEAE914A17608984F732E0B

:shredder:

Why.jpeg

Learned
Just got this game as a Christmas gift. Can't fucking wait for this to download. Quick query is the oddity system well implemented or should I do classic?

Last edited:
Just got this game as a Christmas gift. Can't fucking for this to download. Quick query is the oddity system well implemented or should I do classic?
Oddity is fantastic. Encourages exploring and doesn't overly hinder stealth characters that aren't as kill focused. Use it - one of the if not the best idea+implementation in recent memory.

Makagulfazel

Educated
Carnifex makes me want to roll an unarmed character with the Combo feat. Jesus.. Either have to get the initiative roll with a Critical Power abusing sniper rifle or wait until you're.. you know.. not level 14 and can survive for more than one round.

Carnifex makes me want to roll an unarmed character with the Combo feat. Jesus.. Either have to get the initiative roll with a Critical Power abusing sniper rifle or wait until you're.. you know.. not level 14 and can survive for more than one round.
I'm 16 now and have some really good armor + weapon. Doing the Arena now - so I guess we'll see how I hold up.

Fucking Christmas getting in the way of mai Underrail playing time.

Why.jpeg

Learned
Just got this game as a Christmas gift. Can't fucking for this to download. Quick query is the oddity system well implemented or should I do classic?
Oddity is fantastic. Encourages exploring and doesn't overly hinder stealth characters that aren't as kill focused. Use it - one of the if not the best idea+implementation in recent memory.
Awesome. Ill play this after Christmas lunch.

Wolfe

Arbiter
The big warehouse battle in the city.. took me so long to get past it. Also, I fucking hate enemies with crossbows. They always one/two-shot me if they manage to hit me. Any way to counter that? Currently sitting at 100+ evasion.

The big warehouse battle in the city.. took me so long to get past it. Also, I fucking hate enemies with crossbows. They always one/two-shot me if they manage to hit me. Any way to counter that? Currently sitting at 100+ evasion.
low/medium shield emitters should help.

Wolfe

Arbiter
low/medium shield emitters should help.
I'll try that, I believe I was always carrying one that was High, but I'll look if I have the others as well.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Deep Caverns question

What is required so you can side with the Faceless?

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Styg, first mission for Gorsky in Core City is bugged for me.
After he said he needed the energy shields, I couldn't get the conversation option to get hints from from Sneaky. (Possibly related: I did acidentally step into Bob's room and killed him before finding Gorsky.)
I went and got the package regardless (couldn't lie/bribe anyone to get in but managed to get in with high subterfuge skills) but now I can't deliver the package.
Conversation with Gorsky is bugged, option 1 '...about Core City' gives an empty response; no option to give him the package.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
After he said he needed the energy shields, I couldn't get the conversation option to get hints from from Sneaky. (Possibly related: I did acidentally step into Bob's room and killed him before finding Gorsky.)
I went and got the package regardless (couldn't lie/bribe anyone to get in but managed to get in with high subterfuge skills) but now I can't deliver the package.
Conversation with Gorsky is bugged, option 1 '...about Core City' gives an empty response; no option to give him the package.

Report bugs on the steam or official forums.

Do you have a save to go to? Probably broke it when...

you killed Bob since he's necessary for the quest

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Someone wanted pictures with unique weapons. I only found these:
23326859943_0e6e685f2d_o.png

Ent

Savant
is the Ripper Feat any good? I'm planning out a knife / throwing build that doesn't get completely manhandled in melee by robots so I was thinking about focusing on crit and crit damage rather than bleeding - I initially wanted to dump will but I'm not so sure because of this feat.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
If you have 8+ strength you can craft Ticrome armor that has ubber high mechanical DR and won't fuck your dodge too much (with armor slopping, that is). Another reason why you're having trouble is probably because you're using a high frequency shield (which makes sense, because rifles are high speed). Problem is that crossbows are LOW speed.

Question: are crossbows any good? I'm trying a hybrid build with guns/xbows and psi. I wanna take advantage of the shatter effect.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyway, I've encountered a strange dillemma: I've crafted a sniper rifle which is worse than what I had (!?) and it was supposed to be better.

23871124891_7ea3136985_o.png

I found the Corsair Commando and I crafted the Rapid Corsair Commando. The thing: I cannot hit shit with the new weapon. And even when I hit the damage is lower than for simple CC.

The main difference I see is the 10% precision because with Reckless perk, RCC should have 17% critical chance. In reality I get way more criticals with the simple CC which has 13% critical chance.

Another notable difference: critical with RCC are rarely 200+ while with RC I got 300 dmg several times. This is completely wrong considering that critical bonus damage is 150% for RCC and that's the only reason why I crafted the weapon in the first place.

My current impression is that the precision handling is wrong (higher precision should not produce higher criticals) or at least the difference should not be so noticeable considering that we are talking about 10% improvement.

I'm really on the edge about this. Am I wrong or somebody else had the same issue? Or maybe my expectations are wrong?

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Question: are crossbows any good? I'm trying a hybrid build with guns/xbows and psi. I wanna take advantage of the shatter effect.

I get the feeling that crossbows require much more tactical planning, preparation and a shit load of luck that those plans work out; which often isn't the case of course.
It's really pretty fun but needs a lot more reloading than sturdier tank builds.
You really need to pick off enemies one by one because of very slow firing, needing to hit hard and fast before enemies make noise, so a bit of bad luck (missing snipe/aimed shot) can screw you over badly.
At higher levels sniping starts to be more reliable: snipe -> aimed shot -> third bolt from special tactics, then gtfo and hide again before reinforcements spot you.

gestalt11

Arbiter
Yeah, what's up with that?

Well actually I remember seeing Styg make a comment on this over on the official forums sometime ago, I think even he would like shotguns in the game but it would have required more graphics and stuff so it didnt happen. Really sad... I would INSTANTLY pay more monies for an "addon" that brought shotguns in, seriously take my money and do it Styg, my wallet is ready!!! Im sure others feel the same way, right?!

You really don't need much point investment in stealth if you are good at tailoring and wearing leather+balaclava+tabi boots. I would say probably only stealthy knife builds really need any serious stealth point investment. Or if you are seriously trying to sneak past certain camped areas. You can actually stealth large portions of the game for combat purposes with no point investment in stealth, especially if you are ranged. Its not hard to get get 60 stealth from equipment even fairly early on.

So is 60 considered the 'optimal' amount to sneak past most stuff? That seems very low.

Depends on their detection but sneaking past stuff can be much harder than, say, planting traps while in stealth. In general 20 stealth sucks for most anything and is almost useless but 60 works at least fairly well. And if you are really good at tailoring (i.e perks) and get some level 100 or so cloth you can easily get to 90+ stealth with no skill points. Stealth at 60 or 80 or so is very usable at mid and long range, you really only need higher when you need to nice and close (or are spending quite a long time somehwere) either because a patrol is tight or you want to cutthroat.

You can easily free the woman from protectorate prison with 60 stealth or so. I have done it on multiple playthroughs with no stealth investment. Everyone who crafts might as well create a stealth suit. You won't be able to do everything but you can do many "sneaking around" missions.

Tigranes

Arcane
I think one of Underrail's greatest strengths is how the various systems work so tightly together, and with the levels / enemies / equipment / etc. The different types of damage and defense really have clear consequences on your experience, and always, those experiences intuitively point you to new strategies or setups - from having galvanic vests absorb bullets, to heavy metal armour rendering rathounds entirely ineffective, to energy shields absorbing burrowers' terrifying poison. The many ways in which you can control space and movement (force barrier, sprint, etc) combined with grenades, mines and traps, as well as traps in the level itself & exploding barrels, can help an underpowered character take out hordes (e.g. use the noise of the turrets to draw a dozen enemies from the rest of the level, and have them walk over your mines & the level's native ones, basically hoisting them on their own petard.)

Melee/psi heavy metal man just picked up his first energy shield to get through Camp Hathor. Also, pickpocket is actually pretty good! The determinist awareness bars lets you know what you can take without shitty reloading, and the rewards are actually substantial in early game at least - lots of money, hypos, and in fact quite a few oddity XP (e.g. see what you can do in Rail Crossing).

gestalt11

Arbiter
is the Ripper Feat any good? I'm planning out a knife / throwing build that doesn't get completely manhandled in melee by robots so I was thinking about focusing on crit and crit damage rather than bleeding - I initially wanted to dump will but I'm not so sure because of this feat.

Expose weakness is one of the best things to use for melee against robots and metal armor things (also bladelings)

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Anyone finished Praetorian Security's questline?

Where are the clues in the warehouse? How do I get to the other side of the glass?

Ellef

Deplorable
Is there a way to play fullscreen borderless or w/e so that you can use a second monitor for browsing/wiki?

I normally play on 720p on my 1440p primary monitor, but 720p window mode can't be stretched full screen.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
The only thing I'm not loving is how absurd Molotovs still are, and how often my best course of action on my stealthy crossbow character is to start a bonfire.

Yeah, sadly molotovs still too effective. At least its radius od fire can be cut for 1 tile.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom