Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Playing an stealth/xbow/trapper/crafter right now (depot a) and it is a pretty fun build indeed.

ST'Ranger i can fire 2 special bolts in 1 turn, without the marksman feat but with a pneumatically pumped up xbow. Is this as it should be or a bug? (in that case ill report it on stygs forums. Wiki doesnt help since the ap cost on special bolts is stated as 49 there)

Alfons

Prophet
Did anyone clear the area with Vanga Frost using melee? The place where you get the figurine so you could enter the institute.

Question to which you guys would prefer for a sledge build.

53%/29 mech with 6-9 spikes, or 45/23 with 13-20 blades and 39 regen.

I'm leaning toward the former.

Also - fuck super steel. That shit is such a rip-off.

ST'Ranger

Augur
Playing an stealth/xbow/trapper/crafter right now (depot a) and it is a pretty fun build indeed.

ST'Ranger i can fire 2 special bolts in 1 turn, without the marksman feat but with a pneumatically pumped up xbow. Is this as it should be or a bug? (in that case ill report it on stygs forums. Wiki doesnt help since the ap cost on special bolts is stated as 49 there)

The cost of special bolts is 29 by default IIRC. Pneumatic upgrades or the Cyclon bow render the cost to be 4 less (so 25). There's no bug, I just choose to take the feat and open up my upgrade options.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Hit Depot A for the first time at level 7 (stealth/melee) and I am having a real time with acid. Going to have to get some resistant gear together before I can clear that out. LOVING this game.

Kill some mutated dogs and craft leather armor from their skins. They have acid protection (~7 DT !?).
I did something better with my new guy: near junkyard there is a shack with 3 bandits. North of that shack is a lake with some siphoners. If you can take one of them out, their leather is even better than mutated dog. It provides acid DT AND bonus to evasion and dodge. Much better than shitty intimidation bonus :smug:

Cazzeris

Hit Depot A for the first time at level 7 (stealth/melee) and I am having a real time with acid. Going to have to get some resistant gear together before I can clear that out. LOVING this game.

Kill some mutated dogs and craft leather armor from their skins. They have acid protection (~7 DT !?).
I did something better with my new guy: near junkyard there is a shack with 3 bandits. North of that shack is a lake with some siphoners. If you can take one of them out, their leather is even better than mutated dog. It provides acid DT AND bonus to evasion and dodge. Much better than shitty intimidation bonus :smug:

When I went there a while ago there was nothing but mindshrooms by the lake. Is that a bug?

Lhynn

Arcane
Killing the
rathound king
seems to have made everyone at camp hathor hostile.
I killed him without a quest, just exploring.

Cazzeris

Did you stealth? Possible you just walked right past the places siphoners jump at you.

Hm, that's very likely to be the case. Will go there again later.

Killing the
rathound king

They only shoot you on sight if you wear his armor because, you know, they think you're him :lol:

Lhynn

Arcane
Did you stealth? Possible you just walked right past the places siphoners jump at you.

Hm, that's very likely to be the case. Will go there again later.

Killing the
rathound king

They only shoot you on sight if you wear his armor because, you know, they think you're him :lol:
Seems like it made them hostile forever. i came back with another armor and they still want to kill me
And i murdered their guards now, so meh, ill come back later and destroy the whole camp for loot.

Cazzeris

Too bad. I thought it was a nice, reactive moment when that happened to me. Quickloading seems to be the only correct course of action, though.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Where should I go investigate for Captain Blackwall's quest in the Protectorate? Been running around for ages and haven't managed to find anything.

Nevermind, lol. Just as I posted this I found what I was looking for :salute:

sser

Arcane
Developer
Can you skip the literal popamole/trapamole quests at the start, or are they more or less mandatory to get to the quests that have you actually doing stuff?

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
One or two quests like that to get you meeting people and using The systems, then it opens up pretty quickly.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Damn, the renegades fight was pretty damn epic using a sniper rifle and stealth.

Lhynn

Arcane
Too bad. I thought it was a nice, reactive moment when that happened to me. Quickloading seems to be the only correct course of action, though.
Well, its just a shitty encampment, and what i read in the wiki tells me its just 2 quests, so no big loss there.
My problem is that they dont even bark about you being him or anything, would have been a cool moment.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

Agreed, Im running that same build, so much fun, I love the bear trap, mine field set up phase before combat, sneaking around planning... and then the crazy panic shenanigans when the critters dont walk on the traps in the correct order and you have to come up with a plan B mid combat!

I would have to say so far the worst thing about this game is no shotguns.... :( would kill for an auto shotty in this game (yes Pancor Jackhammer is my one true love)

Wolfe

Arbiter
I would have to say so far the worst thing about this game is no shotguns.... :( would kill for an auto shotty in this game (yes Pancor Jackhammer is my one true love)

Yeah, what's up with that?

gestalt11

Arbiter
You really don't need much point investment in stealth if you are good at tailoring and wearing leather+balaclava+tabi boots. I would say probably only stealthy knife builds really need any serious stealth point investment. Or if you are seriously trying to sneak past certain camped areas. You can actually stealth large portions of the game for combat purposes with no point investment in stealth, especially if you are ranged. Its not hard to get get 60 stealth from equipment even fairly early on.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Yeah, what's up with that?

Well actually I remember seeing Styg make a comment on this over on the official forums sometime ago, I think even he would like shotguns in the game but it would have required more graphics and stuff so it didnt happen. Really sad... I would INSTANTLY pay more monies for an "addon" that brought shotguns in, seriously take my money and do it Styg, my wallet is ready!!! Im sure others feel the same way, right?!

You really don't need much point investment in stealth if you are good at tailoring and wearing leather+balaclava+tabi boots. I would say probably only stealthy knife builds really need any serious stealth point investment. Or if you are seriously trying to sneak past certain camped areas. You can actually stealth large portions of the game for combat purposes with no point investment in stealth, especially if you are ranged. Its not hard to get get 60 stealth from equipment even fairly early on.

So is 60 considered the 'optimal' amount to sneak past most stuff? That seems very low.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
This game has the best romance ever.

miltiades.png
Evelyn: Hey *PC*, I'm a bored lonely widow and I really find you hot and pretty. Wanna fuck?

Did you...you know...explore this situation?

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
This game has the best romance ever.

miltiades.png
Evelyn: Hey *PC*, I'm a bored lonely widow and I really find you hot and pretty. Wanna fuck?

Did you...you know...explore this situation?

As if there's anyone here who hasn't.
Everyone acting :obviously:, but the savescummer in all of us quicksaved beforehand just to see where it went.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom