Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
OMG FUCK THE BOB MINIGAME IN THE ASS!

What a stupid quest. Can I solve this idiotic quest by shooting everyone? Will that prevent me from entering the protectorate's base?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Can I solve this idiotic quest by shooting everyone? Will that prevent me from entering the protectorate's base?

No, it will not.
:troll:

Yep. I can confirm that killing everyone in Gorky's quest will not ruin your relationship with the protectorate. It's either a bug or a very weird design choice. I mean...I left the building through the front door and shot the dudes guarding it in front of the camera. Lol...

Can I solve this idiotic quest by shooting everyone? Will that prevent me from entering the protectorate's base?

No, it will not.
:troll:

Yep. I can confirm that killing everyone in Gorky's quest will not ruin your relationship with the protectorate. It's either a bug or a very weird design choice. I mean...I left the building through the front door and shot the dudes guarding it in front of the camera. Lol...
I did the same.

Still trying to decide which

Oligarch to support this playthrough. Help me choose.

Inf0mercial

Augur
Anyway, I've encountered a strange dillemma: I've crafted a sniper rifle which is worse than what I had (!?) and it was supposed to be better.

23871124891_7ea3136985_o.png

I found the Corsair Commando and I crafted the Rapid Corsair Commando. The thing: I cannot hit shit with the new weapon. And even when I hit the damage is lower than for simple CC.

The main difference I see is the 10% precision because with Reckless perk, RCC should have 17% critical chance. In reality I get way more criticals with the simple CC which has 13% critical chance.

Another notable difference: critical with RCC are rarely 200+ while with RC I got 300 dmg several times. This is completely wrong considering that critical bonus damage is 150% for RCC and that's the only reason why I crafted the weapon in the first place.

My current impression is that the precision handling is wrong (higher precision should not produce higher criticals) or at least the difference should not be so noticeable considering that we are talking about 10% improvement.

I'm really on the edge about this. Am I wrong or somebody else had the same issue? Or maybe my expectations are wrong?

Criticals run off your first hit so if you hit with a 38 your critical will only be the 150% boost of that so you could be just having shit luck with RNG, no bipod? In general i found that sniper rifles work best with precision boosters as you will be shooting from 20 tiles away and you kinda need it, from looking at the quality you are fairly low level so you need all the help you can get to hit as well.

meeb93

Literate
What... the...

Coretech defend Warehouse mission. It is impossible for me. The AI helpers just can't seem to actually hit the enemy. Nor can I at a 61% hit chance on even their sledgehammer dudes. I get one-shot by half the enemies. Even with traps there are too many tough enemies. My build isn't really meant for this sort of thing. Or level 11 is far too early to be doing this.

Mystary!

Arcane
Ah ok, figured you either didn't know you could or you had found some kind of melee weapon that could use it :lol:

Why.jpeg

Learned
I'm nibbling on some leftover turkey from Christmas lunch, sipping on some Christmas wine and playing Underrail. This shit is so cash. I need to suck Styg's dick for this glorious game

SniperHF

Arcane
So, is there some particular reason the game doesn't display the exact requirements for each crafting recipe in one spot? For a game with a bunch of dedicated crafting skills the interface for it sure sucks ass. Probably gonna go back to ignoring crafting.

So, is there some particular reason the game doesn't display the exact requirements for each crafting recipe in one spot? For a game with a bunch of dedicated crafting skills the interface for it sure sucks ass. Probably gonna go back to ignoring crafting.
What do you mean? The mats give you a baseline of what they cost when you hover over them (it varies depending on the quality of the material as well as the type).

This is like the second time I've heard this complaint and it confuses the fuck out of me. I generally hate crafting in games - not my thing - but I found it easy and effective and useful in Underrail.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
In many games, crafting requirements are defined by the recipe, as the recipe uses fixed ingredients/components. Cleverly, Underrail uses difficulty based on materials used, since blueprints use classes of ingredient/component, each with a wide range of qualities and/or materials.

The difficulty of crafting any item is based on the highest difficulty ingredient or component used to make it. This makes skill requirements variable, throwing some people off as they expect the blueprint to define the difficulty.

Throw in optional components and adjusted difficulties and the crafting system is both very flexible and comparatively deeper than many. I think it is a particularly great system in this game.

In many games, crafting requirements are defined by the recipe, as the recipe uses fixed ingredients/components. Cleverly, Underrail uses difficulty based on materials used, since blueprints use classes of ingredient/component, each with a wide range of qualities and/or materials.

The difficulty of crafting any item is based on the highest difficulty ingredient or component used to make it. This makes skill requirements variable, throwing some people off as they expect the blueprint to define the difficulty.

Throw in optional components and adjusted difficulties and the crafting system is both very flexible and comparatively deeper than many. I think it is a particularly great system in this game.
Wait - people treat that as a downside? Fucking Codex man...

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I don't think details of the system are made apparent within the game. Some pick it up intuitively but others will expect what they have seen before, which is that material quality plays no part in crafting difficulty.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Energy pistols
  • Lower damage potential than an average firearm of the same quality
  • Light weapon (dexterity reduces AP cost)
  • Low-medium range
  • Increased precision compared to firearms

From wiki. Is it outdated? Because I see opposite.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
URGH...can we PLEASE have SOME tolerance for friendly fire already? It's pretty annoying how NPCs hit each other accidentally and they are like "ah, shit happens bro, don't worry about it". When the PC does it they go "OMFG, HE WAS A GOOD BOY HE DINDU NUFFIN! DIE DIE DIE!!!".

Having to reload big fights because everyone turned hostile at the end is pretty boring and annoying.

Blackmill

Scholar
URGH...can we PLEASE have SOME tolerance for friendly fire already? It's pretty annoying how NPCs hit each other accidentally and they are like "ah, shit happens bro, don't worry about it". When the PC does it they go "OMFG, HE WAS A GOOD BOY HE DINDU NUFFIN! DIE DIE DIE!!!".

Having to reload big fights because everyone turned hostile at the end is pretty boring and annoying.

Thermodynamic Destabilization is one of my favorite psi-abilities but it has forced me to reload several times after I've accidentally burned an ally with it. Sometimes I just kill them after they turn on me, but I agree, it can be annoying when you actually want your allies to live.

Inf0mercial

Augur
My favorite moment is when my electrokinesis on the final jump jumps its max 5 tiles and hits an ally near the end of the fight, i swear that i have lost more arena fights to that than the actual enemies.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Hey epeli are ballistics panels bugged?

2015_12_25_00005.jpg

2015_12_25_00006.jpg

As you can see here, both panels have roughly the same quality but the laminated is simply better. No trade off. I suspect this is indeed a bug since every component in the game seems to be more or less balanced. Or am I missing something?

If I were to guess, I'd say the hybrid was supposed to have higher mechanical DR and less/no vs firearms bonus while the laminated was supposed to have less DR but 200% vs firearms. Just my 2 cents.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So uhm, crafting energy shields.

Can anybody tell me what to go for?

Is it best to install a high frequency and a low frequency emitter to balance out? Or a medium?

What is most important? Capacity? Dissipation rate? Conversation rate? what are the ideal numbers for those?

Conversation rate as high as possible and dissipation as low as possible, right?

What bout the numbers from very low to high, what do they mean?

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So uhm, crafting energy shields.

Can anybody tell me what to go for?

Is it best to install a high frequency and a low frequency emitter to balance out? Or a medium?

What is most important? Capacity? Dissipation rate? Conversation rate? what are the ideal numbers for those?

Conversation rate as high as possible and dissipation as low as possible, right?

What bout the numbers from very low to high, what do they mean?
High or low depends what weapon you're up against. Bullets are fast and best absorbed by High Freq; but the same shield will be near useless against melee and crossbows. (Hover over a weapon to see its impact speed. The Claw I posted above: Very Low)

Capacity means it'll last longer, high conversation rate is better, high dissipation means the capacity (its batteries) will drain more quickly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom