Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

SwiftCrack

Arcane
MCA is balding hard, guess his cRPG master race genes are receding :oops:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just received this email:

Dear Torment: Tides of Numenera backer,
We’ve finished importing the Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter data, and are ready for you to input your shipping address. Sorry it took so long! We will add more capabilities in the future, such as managing Kickstarter add-ons and managing your tier choice, you will likely hear from us again when we've added those.
We’re mailing you – our backers who pledged more than $250 in a physical tier and are eligible for the physical Numenera books – first, as these are going to start shipping in August! We need you to register on our online donation management system and input your shipping address on the main account page. Please head to the Torment: Tides of Numenera website, log into your account or create an account if you haven't already. If your Kickstarter or PayPal donation email address is different than your account login, you can link your additional donation emails so your account automatically links all your donation information.
https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/login
Important note: Because the Numenera corebook and player's guide are shipping soon, we are going to need your address by July 19th. Please register, log in and fill in the address form on the main account page as soon as you can. If you’ve already done so by the time you got this email, then thank you!
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask by using the contact inXile form on your account.
Thank you,
inXile Entertainment

Can't wait to read through these to see what this new setting is all about... :D

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Looks like i have a lot of votes... anything interesting to vote for on their community page?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Haven't gotten a single email or kickstarter update from Inxile regarding Torment since the number 20 one in May. They only send out shit to people who have registered an account on their website or also to backers? Coz then I need to contact them.

EDIT: Ah, my new account does reflect my pledge. Ok then.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I'll save you a call to the helpdesk: Have you checked your spam-folder?

hiver

There is a really nifty article on Adams blog, about writing dialogue. In games and partly, though not directly, in new Torment.
Adam Heine

http://www.adamheine.com/2013/07/writing-game-dialogue.html

i cant leave a comment there without signing in so ill just paste it here:

Nice examples. Just like in the old days, eh? Only better.
The only detail i didnt like was the "Atack" choice. Its so... simple, limited. It really stands out crudely between all those other extended options.
I hope we wont actually get to see it standing out like a sore thumb like that, in the game itself.
Instead it should also get an upgrade, get improved, diversified, more connected with the narrative and circumstances - in its various options.

Like say, types of specific weapons, NPCs specific defenses, previous choices, witnesses, and many others like those.
Then, there is a whole field of different faints, tricks, threats that could work better or worse depending on how you pull it all off, or if you dont manage... etc. etc.

Great Game man! Ima Black Dragon, i got my ass whopped by some Elders but now i got my own place and bunch of Goblin minions! Ha!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I actually saw that blog post hours ago but didn't feel like posting it

hiver

yeah, yeah, suuuure you did, aha... right - e - O.

Zed

the way of the true Ninja.... is hard to master. leave it to the pros.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Ah, the fisting orgy. has anyone been fisted more than Infinitron?

Nope. He has over 11,000.

It's imaginary payment for watching RSS feeds like a hawk and posting new information, developer Tweets, et cetera, often before anyone else does. In a way, he's providing a service.

He's doing real work for imaginary money. Worst Jew ever.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://tormentrpg.tumblr.com/post/55829417193/the-torment-team-were-gathered-earlier-this-week

tumblr_mq5to5t6xK1s762nho1_1280.jpg

From left to right: Steve Dobos, George Ziets, Monte Cook, Kevin Saunders, Shanna Germain, Tony Evans, Matthew Findley, Colin McComb, Patrick Rothfuss, with Nathan Long in the front, with Chris Avellone present but not in the photo.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I hope this means Mur Lafferty has been quietly sacked, but it probably just means she's working from home and wasn't there in person.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom