Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
The land looks p. tame but this is the more civilized area, Torment is set on the more wild side

A forest shaped like a star, are you kidding me?
What of it?

hiver

Obviously artificial remnant of some past epoch.

btw Numenera has only one continent. Pangea got created again. Which is going to happen in that time frame naturally - in reality.

Deleted member 7219

http://tormentrpg.tumblr.com/post/55829417193/the-torment-team-were-gathered-earlier-this-week

tumblr_mq5to5t6xK1s762nho1_1280.jpg

From left to right: Steve Dobos, George Ziets, Monte Cook, Kevin Saunders, Shanna Germain, Tony Evans, Matthew Findley, Colin McComb, Patrick Rothfuss, with Nathan Long in the front, with Chris Avellone present but not in the photo.

So much awesome in one room. I just wish they had Avellone in the photo and got some random guy in the street to take the photo.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
A forest shaped like a star? How unrealistic!

Oh.
The guitar forest, while stupid, covers a much smaller area, was built with a purpose, and requires constant maintenance to keep in that shape.

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, and in a world billion years to the future with several mighty fallen civilizations it's impossible for there to be a purpose and a maintenance system or whatever the fuck is needed for a huge star-shaped forest.

Deleted member 7219

Yeah, and in a world billion years to the future with several mighty fallen civilizations it's impossible for there to be a purpose and a maintenance system or whatever the fuck is needed for a huge star-shaped forest.

This. Isn't the whole point of Numenara (or however you spell it) is that there is weird stuff all over the place?

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dunno about the setting, but I made some comments on the numenera system in the gazebo, with copypastes from the playtest document even :M I was not impressed sadly.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They are only adapting the system for the game, so maybe they fix some of your complaints (probably not though, as you were criticizing the system foundations).

Zeriel

Arcane
But it is so long into the future, it would be totally unrealistic to stick to the current geographics.

:|

I'm not saying their reasoning doesn't make sense, I'm saying it's a pity they decided to go that route, I would have loved to see what their writing talent did with something a _little_ closer to us, epoch wise.

hiver

A forest shaped like a star? How unrealistic!
Oh.
was built with a purpose, and requires constant maintenance to keep in that shape.
:)

and what? you think the numenera one is natural?
:lol:

and how exactly do you know it needs maintenance ... or that it doesnt have it? How do you know it isnt self replicating, biological origami?
and how do you know that whole area, forest and land around it, arent specifically made like that - to last and maintain that exact look.

eh? matey?

-edit-

btw, Colin - im claiming "biological origami" concept and exact wording copyright in respects to and for all applicable purposes.
although...im sure we could talk about the reasonable ... arrangement.

dunno lah

Arcane
Reptilian/Amphibian titties seem to be the rage these days. First was Dragon Commander, now Numenera:

LeTemple_final-e1359489346507.jpg

This thing also happens to be in Star Forest.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Reptilian/Amphibian titties seem to be the rage these days. First was Dragon Commander, now Numenera:

LeTemple_final-e1359489346507.jpg

This thing also happens to be in Star Forest.
That much more closely resembles a statue of a female human being with the head of a frog, à la ancient Egyptian deities, than it does an anthropomorphic reptile or amphibian with tits. It's the central figure of an enormous monument, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom