Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment and the Nameless One's past

Qwinn

Scholar
It has advantages. And disadvantages. As was to be expected.

However having your AC coming mainly from equipment rather than spells can be very helpful.

Yep, that's a big advantage, but I consider it secondary to the brainbreakingly awesome immunities when raging. Seriously, with rage up and the amulet that makes you immune to level drain, add some stoneskins... NO FEAR.

Qwinn

Norfleet

Qwinn said:
Now, I'll ask my own question. Why are people more curious about that than they are over why someone sees fit to have this:

<snip>

...appear after every post?
Well, automated sigs are something where the display can usually be turned off in your user preferences if you find it particularly obnoxious. Manually signed posts, on the other hand, has been regarded as somewhat of an irritant by some. I have a place where people have been known to get rather militant about the matter. It runs straight into the realm of obnoxiousness when the signature doesn't even match the username, resulting in the appearance of someone having taken over your account. I have no idea what the standards are here, though, so meh.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Qwinn said:
See that? Your observational skills are incredibly impressive. You miss nothing.

KC's senses are famous all the way to the Gael Serran. He can sense a shark standing at least a meter away.

WW230.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :)

Qwinn

Scholar
Hey, I just noticed this...

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=186

Dear Lord, three out of the ten interviews are for 3 individual Circle of Eight guys regarding the same single modpack, and I don't even get asked. :( *sniff* Are they passing blowjobs around over there? :shock:

Hmm, actually, yeah, they -did- add a brothel to the game. Hmm. Well, I -fixed- a brothel at least! :x

Qwinn

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Qwinn said:

Dear Lord, three out of the ten interviews are for 3 individual Circle of Eight guys regarding the same single modpack, and I don't even get asked. :( *sniff* Are they passing blowjobs around over there? :shock:

Hmm, actually, yeah, they -did- add a brothel to the game. Hmm. Well, I -fixed- a brothel at least! :x

Qwinn

Here's a tissue...
I'm sure DU used his powerz to hold you down.
Remember when he started to sign his posts with "Qwinn"? He's against you.

:lol:

Helton

Arcane
Qwinn said:

Qwinn

They probably wanted to but couldn't remember your user name.

Qwinn

Qwinn

Scholar
I knew it! It's the [strikeout]Man[/strikeout]Codex, keepin' me down!

Bastages, all o' youse.

(And seriously, all the angst over the fact that my signature is, in fact, A SIGNATURE, is endlessly amusing to me. Feel free to keep it up as long as you all like.)

Qwinn

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
But seriously - I'm sure they will be happy to conduct an interview about your PST mod. A additional decent read won't harm the sites content.

Qwinn

Scholar
Oh, I'm just kiddin' around. Not really bothered by it. Just thought it was freaky that 3 separate Co8 guys got interviewed, and it seemed like a good setup for a lame joke about modding brothels.

Qwinn

scient

Augur
Ya combat will definitely be interesting in v4 with CON bonus fix (done) and STR progression revision (WIP). Not everything is a nerf tho, I fixed "Attack damage bonus" item effect which actually gets used a lot. This is one of those stats that's invisible to end user and was completely broken. You basically only got the bonus from the last item with effect you equip. So if you had +2 bonus item equipped and then put on a +1 bonus one, you'd get +1 cumulative. I've already sorted it so you'll get the correct +3 boost. Oh and luck is completely fixed. Not only items/spells bit but you'll now lose/gain luck bonus from WIS when getting stat boost via dialog or items. In vanilla game you only got this luck bonus when putting points into WIS in character sheet (level up). So most likely most folks missed out on +2 luck they should of gotten by end game.

Korgan

Arbiter
HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEE WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS AAAAAAAAAA JJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEE WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS AAAAAAAAAA JJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Qwinn

Scholar
This is one of those stats that's invisible to end user and was completely broken.

Yeah, but another cool thing is (thanks to scient) it won't -be- invisible any longer. Another new tweak is "BG2-style THACO display". One of PS:T's bigger flaws, IMO, was the character profile screen was seriously uninformative and in many cases outright incorrect, making it pretty useless. Between various fixes and the tweak I just mentioned, the character profile screen will be about as accurate and as useful as that of BG2, which is quite nice, I've played and tested enough with those tweaks and fixes installed enough already to say it's a pretty nice enhancement. I think they'll be pretty popular.

Qwinn

FeelTheRads

Arcane
So if you had +2 bonus item equipped and then put on a +1 bonus one, you'd get +1 cumulative. I've already sorted it so you'll get the correct +3 boost.

I don't get this? Shouldn't it matter only what you have equipped at the time?

Qwinn

Scholar
FeeltheRads,

An example would be where you had a +2 THACO weapon, and a +1 THACO Tattoo equipped at the same time.

Note that not -all- THACO boosts were applied in this way, so it didn't always happen. But the nice thing about the new THACO display is, from now on, if you're -not- getting the stat boost you should be, you'll know it, and you can tell me about it so I can fix it :D

I've already tested the crap out of that though. Far as I can tell, it's working pretty much perfectly in the 4.0 alpha rolling around the shop atm.

Qwinn

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Korgan said:

please resume taking your medication kthxbye

scient

Augur
FeelTheRads said:
So if you had +2 bonus item equipped and then put on a +1 bonus one, you'd get +1 cumulative. I've already sorted it so you'll get the correct +3 boost.

I don't get this? Shouldn't it matter only what you have equipped at the time?

Sorry, I should have been clearer. Scenario is equipping the +1 item along side the +2 say like two tattoos. In vanilla, you'd only get the bonus from the last equipped item. So even having both the +1 and +2 equipped, you'd only get +1. Same thing applies if you had 3 items etc.

Erebus

Arcane
Helton said:
Also, I do not believe TNO had any regrets at that point. He was attempting to escape his fate in the Blood War and the immortality was supposed to ensure he had enough time to find a way. I'm not sure how much of that is heavily implied and how much I've just come up with over time, though.

The original incarnation is the Good Incarnation we meet near the end (he "dies" by loss of memory when Ravel kills him to test how well the ritual works). And he tells us what changed his nature : regret. He was trying to avoid damnation but also to make up for his innumerable crimes.

Both the Practical and the Paranoid Incarnations are fairly recent, although we don't have as many precise informations about the latter (it's likely there has been other insane incarnations before him). If I remember correctly the oracle Paranoid wrote about in his diary, there are only two or three incarnations between him and the TNO we play.

Korgan

Arbiter

Helton

Arcane
Erebus said:
The original incarnation is the Good Incarnation we meet near the end (he "dies" by loss of memory when Ravel kills him to test how well the ritual works). And he tells us what changed his nature : regret. He was trying to avoid damnation but also to make up for his innumerable crimes.

I just thought the regret came later. As I recall he was mean to Ravel. Didn't we get a sensory stone detailing the exchange?

Qwinn

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
I remember the last half but the first half slipped my mind. Was it really the original incarnation, or was it a later incarnation or someone else?

Also, is it possible his orginal name was Adahn?

-Qwinn

Luzur

Good Sir
heh, i was on BBS'es to during my C64, Amiga years like RIME and TCV and whatever their names where but i havent signed my own posts for some 18 years now. :)

Erebus

Arcane
Helton said:
I just thought the regret came later. As I recall he was mean to Ravel. Didn't we get a sensory stone detailing the exchange?

Yeah, we get to remember the moment when he meets Ravel and tells her he has an impossible challenge for her (not sure it's in a sensory stone, however). He's definitely being manipulative but that doesn't mean his intentions are purely selfish.

The fact is Ravel tells us she killed the original incarnation just after the ritual to see how well it had worked (that's when she discovered the loss of memory problem). So the original incarnation did not have time to become a better man after the ritual. That means he already had the state of mind we find in the Good Incarnation we eventually meet : peaceful and remorseful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom