Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The writing in this game is average

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Come on guys stop sperging about in game cut scenes which every RPG had yes including such bellowed titles like Fallouts, Arcanum and Bloodlines... I was personally satisfied with Duc hearing as you could put all those dirty and godless Juden Animancers into oven and ensure that the only :obviously: city faction will restore the order once the necessary purge was done.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
41.jpg

Dunno lah. [Honest]

Shadenuat

Arcane
How is 1 not rational? How is 3 not benevolent? How is 5 not honest? How is 4 not agressive? How is 6 honest, does that mean every one else is not honest? How is 7--
blarghabjdfkdl

MrMarbles

Cipher
How is 1 not rational? How is 3 not benevolent? How is 5 not honest? How is 4 not agressive? How is 6 honest, does that mean every one else is not honest? How is 7--
blarghabjdfkdl

It's not coherent at all. I tried roleplaying a pally on my first playthrough, but judging what is the appropriate response is too random. After raging a few hours I turned on the alignment descriptions and just duty-clicked my way through the rest of the dialogue.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yeh just finished the game.
I don't see the need to tie the protag previous life with this whole quest thing. It's funny when they try giving you options to define your past and it doesn't feel like it matters at all.
I'd be alright if I'm just trying to save a land from soul sucking machine, thanks.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
End of ch2 was dumb. People who wrote it are dumb. People who defend it are dumb. PERIOD.

Sòren

Arcane
finished the game today, overall i agree, its mediocre, the writing sucks - esspecially after arriving in Twin Elms....e. g. the tribal hunter giving you - a complete outsider - the quest to investigate the disappearance of his own brother, or the tribal chief asking you to kill his foster child....shit like this happens al the time in the game.

i wondered what my problem with the companions was, but after reading the ending screens i realized that the problem is that none of them seemed like an indepedent personality, just a bunch of people who are following you for almost no reason....at this point it just wasnt believable that anyone of them would have their own ambitions and goals after the journey ended, which is kind of funny btw since the maintheme of the game seems to absout being your own master and all that.

oh and i dont think there was much writing of MCA left in the game (which shows, i started to skip through a lot of dialoge in the endgame), i think he said himself that the two characters he wrote were changed beyond recognition.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
finished the game today, overall i agree, its mediocre, the writing sucks - esspecially after arriving in Twin Elms....e. g. the tribal hunter giving you - a complete outsider - the quest to investigate the disappearance of his own brother, or the tribal chief asking you to kill his foster child....shit like this happens al the time in the game.

It makes sense for the Glanfathan to give those quest to a capable outsider like you, because of the trouble it would bring by involving the other tribes.

Another complaint queshed.

Reading the rest of your post qualifies you as a short attention span retard, which explains why you didn't understand the quests in Twin Elms. You basically can't read.

Sòren

Arcane

It makes sense for the Glanfathan to give those quest to a capable outsider like you, because of the trouble it would bring by involving the other tribes.

Another complaint queshed.

Reading the rest of your post qualifies you as a short attention span retard, which explains why you didn't understand the quests in Twin Elms. You basically can't read.

fo sure it makes a hell lot of sense that you send some outsider to investigate the supposed murder of your brother if you could walk the few miles and make sure for yourself or giving a person with unknown intentions and character a vital task for the further perstistence of your tribe instead of giving it to one of the dozens other trusted subordinates who are standing around while you are involving a stranger in your plans.

come on you cant be that stupid.
but maybe you can be, i dont know.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
You really don't understand the tenuous alliance between Glanfathan tribes and their reliance on trust with each other. Both the Rîdaî and Simoc are egomaniacs but still have to make face, though Simoc is particularly vile. Imagine if a trusted subordinate of Simoc was caught sacrificing a daughter of the Fisher Crane's anamfath!? As for Rîdaî, if he went looking for his brother on his own, it would be shown as an open act of lack of trust among the tribes and absolutely disgusting and beneath his fists. Letting and outsider do the investigation sounds a lot more neutral and less confrontational.

Btw, I'm not stupid: a villager in Twin Elms said my words are like the Fisher Crane, quick and clever.

Sòren

Arcane
1. broken spear tribe (or something like that) is appearantly already notorious as one of the less prestigous tribes and if one of the best hunters suddenly vanishes when hunting with one of the castoffs it would be pretty reasonable to question the narration that was given.

2. i dont think Simoc would risk anything less by giving the task to somemone he doesnt know or is even known as a honest and wellmeaning person (was the case in my playthrough)

but whatever, i really dont care enough, you are free to think what you like. im sure theres always a way to justify such things even when they dont make much sense.

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
At least in the case of the guy who wants the soul of his foster child it's very clear why he wants an outsider to do it.

Shevek

Arcane
Maybe, but the game should have explained it better. Seeing Thaos trying to possess someone (either you or some other NPC) and failing due to strong soul or something would be a nice touch, and a good way to avoid plotholes

Just saw this in my second playthrough. I knew I had read it somewhere. But, ya, seeing him fail to posses you at some point would have driven that home better.

PoE.png

Angthoron

Arcane
Ah, Lady Webb, or should she be called Madam Exposition? Yeah - a lot of what she says would've been great to show in the actual game.

Instead, we get the infodump - and actually I was really wondering just how the hell she came across this info in general? He didn't share any of this with her, and she was basically a Leaden Key cipher operative with a relationship with the dude. What, he divulged this information more freely to some random henchmen instead? "Hello Redshirt 1112345, I possess souls, but if they aren't weak enough, I can't really, also, if I can possess you, I might make you kill the shit out of yourself or dance naked in Wael's temple, hm hm, decisions"

No, seriously woman, how did you come by this info? Oh, you have your ways? Uh-huh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom