Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
But WHY? Why play this? Why give it your soul and time? Fucking why?
Because even on Codex many gaymers are this:

main-qimg-887c6f188237684350cbf3a6eb220ae5-lq.jpeg

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
But WHY? Why play this? Why give it your soul and time? Fucking why? With hundreds of good old games and other entertainment and with good new indies, why for the love of God play this? Because your life is that boring? Because you are that weak-willed? Because it was made by Obdsidian? Is that why? It's like jerking off to your ex-gf, right?

You are retarded beyond help and repair.
"Enjoy" your dystopia
IF PEOPLE LIKE EATING SHIT THEN LET THEM EAT, DON'T JUDGE.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I got this through humble and I keep thinking about giving it a try but damn it just looks so bad.

GloomFrost

Arcane
I commend the Codex for its disdain of TOW. Truly :obviously:
Mate this thread is 323 pages long. Compare this to some other game threads, games that actually do deserve attention. Its by far one of the biggest thread in RPG discussion sub forum and a lot of people here say staff like "its bad BUT..." or "bought it on sale its not that bad" or "writing is cringe but i like combat" etc. We all deserve the gaming industry we have nowadays.

Yosharian

Arcane
I got this through humble and I keep thinking about giving it a try but damn it just looks so bad.
It *is* bad but if you mod it then the combat is passable.

I'm just burnt out on BG3 and needed something different to play instead of replaying FNV for the 20th time.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I don't know what's worse, playing this or drinking detergents.
You should drink detergent then play The Outer Worlds and report back to us which one was worse.
Well it's better than Starfield
Saying TOW is better than Starfield is like saying slamming your dick in the door is better than castrating yourself with a screwdriver. It's true, but you still shouldn't do it.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
TOW goes out of its way to emulate the negative aspects of Bethesda titles while also being severely reduced in scope. What exactly is the argument for Starfield being worse?

Zlaja

Arcane
I don't know what's worse, playing this of your own volition or playing it on a console.

Since TOW plays like a console game and is designed with controllers in mind, it doesn't really matter which platform you play it on. It also doesn't feature graphics that makes it run poorly on a console (like BG3, for example), and it lacks a noteworthy modding scene.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom