Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Silverfish

Arbiter
The PS4 fan also drowns out the bland music and cutscene voiceover (which isn't muted along with regular dialogue as I found out).

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I don't know what's worse, playing this of your own volition or playing it on a console.

Since TOW plays like a console game and is designed with controllers in mind, it doesn't really matter which platform you play it on. It also doesn't feature graphics that makes it run poorly on a console (like BG3, for example), and it lacks a noteworthy modding scene.
The point is that it makes you a disgusting degenerate console peasant.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
TOW = slamming your dick in the door
Starfield = castrating yourself with a screwdriver

mhh

if playing these games is so painful, why do you do it?

I dropped TOW after maybe 5 hours? And I kept playing Starfield for 200 hours. I guess I have a fetish for screwdrivers

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
TOW goes out of its way to emulate the negative aspects of Bethesda titles while also being severely reduced in scope. What exactly is the argument for Starfield being worse?
Incredibly stupid writing, beyond awful (TOW is midwitted, Starfield is dimwitted). So much copy-paste filler content to the point where not even Beth fans are satisfied.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
TOW goes out of its way to emulate the negative aspects of Bethesda titles while also being severely reduced in scope. What exactly is the argument for Starfield being worse?
Incredibly stupid writing, beyond awful (TOW is midwitted, Starfield is dimwitted). So much copy-paste filler content to the point where not even Beth fans are satisfied.
Sounds damning, but I remember how people talked about Mass Effect Andromeda.

Yosharian

Arcane
Just when I thought the game was starting to get a little easy again, I went to Monarch... holy shit.

It really does say volumes about modern game dev when modders are capable of creating a difficulty curve that shits all over anything the vanilla game has

I actually died. Like, 3 times. Lost an hour or two of progress in total. And I'm not even mad about it, the game was teaching me a lesson.

I hate the tone issues this game has, if they had just gone for a gritty Fallout concept instead of this ZANY LOL thing the game is trying for, it would have worked so much better

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It really does say volumes about modern game dev when modders are capable of creating a difficulty curve that shits all over anything the vanilla game has
"I was told to make it casual" - Tim Cain

Yosharian

Arcane
"I was told to make it casual" - Tim Cain
It's honestly sad because the alternate route to getting Monarch access is actually terrifying now because there are mobs with 40 armor and 30k HP that you just cannot kill at that point, I had to actually sneak past some of them and play really tactically with the others.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Yosharian speaks wisely. Mod the difficulty, ignore all the companions except robot and the priest, and use Monarch alternate path, and talk to me later about combat being easy.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yosharian speaks wisely. Mod the difficulty, ignore all the companions except robot and the priest, and use Monarch alternate path, and talk to me later about combat being easy.
Can't use SAM because the difficulty mod affects him, he has 16k HP lol

Also Parvati's stun special is REALLY useful against tough enemies, it's like 5 seconds of complete lockdown.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom