Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed The Next Codex battle of the Giant Robots. Your chance to pilot a mech against other Codexians.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I have a great fondness for the Hunchback, but I also have a lot of respect for the mech if I ever see it coming at me from the opposing side. If a Hunchback is coming at your lance, it is a good idea to have your lance focus on taking it out early.

I remember my brother and I playing against two friends. We spent two hours agreeing on the terrain map and tonnage and selecting and outfitting our mechs. My brother took a standard 3025 Hunchback with few tweaks. I believe this version comes with only 5 or 6 points of external head armor and the standard 3 internal points for a total of 8 or 9 points in the head. His Hunchback was taken out in the first firing round with a PPC blast to the head. Needless to say we lost that game as my mech was completely outmatched. After that, we always tweaked our future Hunchbacks to have maximum head armor.

This is like watching a Hunchback version of paradise. The opposing lance spread their fire out and didn't focus on the Hunchback at the get go. When they did start shooting at Mr. Hunchback he was at his most dangerous range, and the damage they did do was in areas that had little effect on his combat capability. That AC-20 is still firing away with plenty of ammunition.

Norfleet

This is like watching a Hunchback version of paradise. The opposing lance spread their fire out and didn't focus on the Hunchback at the get go. When they did start shooting at Mr. Hunchback he was at his most dangerous range, and the damage they did do was in areas that had little effect on his combat capability. That AC-20 is still firing away with plenty of ammunition.
We wanted to, but we never really got a good shot at it, and CGR rolls poorly. :(

Project: Eternity
We wanted to, but we never really got a good shot at it, and CGR rolls poorly. :(

Great Strategist, lousy dice-roller.

Still you guys do need to submit move orders for turn 12 Norfleet.

Norfleet

I don't see a new update. I thought I already sent in the orders first thing on Friday?

I don't see a new update. I thought I already sent in the orders first thing on Friday?

So you did.

Well all the cool LPs are taking gratitiously long gaps between upgrades so I figured I'd have to as well.

I'll update this evening when I get to the computer.

Round 12 Movement (Insert funny quip here)

16 hour day today, so all you get is a quick summary and a map. Trebuchet was solid where it stood, as was the Warhammer. The much slower (3/5) Dragon backed off while the Cronus and the Hunchback closed range on it..

Map

Round12Fire.jpg

I'd put numbers, but honestly the only question is who the dragon shoots at. Send me your fire orders.

Round 14 FIRE (Click, Click, Click....)

All of the fire orders were in on by Friday morning, but since I sometimes have a life, I did not get to it until now. The "Click, Click, Click" in the tagline was mechs realizing that the battle is going on long enough to start depleting ammo. The Hunchback has only 5 rounds left and the Tebuchet is out, out, out. Between The Treb's lack of ammo and the heat of the Dragon, there was no Team gold fire this round.

Even Team blue lightened up a bit. The hunchback held its fire to avoid wasting a precious AC-20 shot on bad numbers, and the other two mechs fired only half of their armory. Two PPCs from the warhammer, and a couple medium lasers and SRM rounds from the Cronus to try to take advantage of any lucky breaks.

Alas, both PPCs missed and the Cronus only managed to take off 5 points from the Dragon's left torso and arm.

Here is your map
Round12firing.jpg

And here is your numbers

Weapons fire for Warhammer WHM-6D (Team B)
Particle Cannon at Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses.
Particle Cannon at Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses.

Weapons fire for Cronus CRS-3M (Team B)
Medium Laser at Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits LA
Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A) takes 5 damage to LA. 13 Armor remaining.
Medium Laser at Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A); needs 8, rolls 11 : hits LT
Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A) takes 5 damage to LT. 15 Armor remaining.
SRM 4 at Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses.

Lastly, here is your heat.

The Dragon's restraint pays off and it is now down to only one heat, while the Cronus is still rocking 10 heat (-2 movement +1 fire).

Heat Phase
-------------------
Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A) gains 1 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Trebuchet TBT-5N (Team A) gains 0 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Cronus CRS-3M (Team B) gains 11 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 10 heat.
Hunchback HBK-4G (Team B) gains 2 heat, sinks 6 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Warhammer WHM-6D (Team B) gains 20 heat, sinks 24 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Control Rolls
-------------------

Little bonus:

End Phase
-------------------
MechWarrior Norfleet (Team A) sits down with his colleagues and cracks open a beer!
MechWarrior good little toastboy (Team B) sits down with his colleagues and cracks open a beer!

Round 13 MOVEMENT (Closing the range)

This LP is competing with Faster than Light, so it is a minor miracle that this update is happening at all.

Things are moving into the endgame. The Dragon backed up onto the narrow spit of land in front of river, and while the Cronus stood still the Hunchback and the Warhammer both walked to close the gap. Meanwhile the Trebuchet sprinted to the north to close into medium laser range.

Here is your map
Round13Fire_zps936deb28.jpg

Do you all like it when I calculate numbers?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We love it. :codexisfor: We on team blue calculate the numbers ourselves as well, so it makes no big difference for us. But for the non-participating viewers it might be useful.

Round 13 FIRE (Tickling the Dragon's tail)

Lot of spam on this fire round, but it breaks down like this. Team gold continued to shoot at the Hunchback, finally taking off the other arm. Meanwhile Hunchback/Warhammer took a shortcut to tear into and then remove the damaged left torso (talking the nearly undamaged left arm with it). The remainder of the fire started working on the center torso, leaving 13 armor left to that location. On the bright side, no one fell down.

Here is your map
Round13firing.jpg

And here are your numbers.

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-5N (Team A)
Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4G (Team B); needs 10, rolls 5 : misses.
Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4G (Team B); needs 10, rolls 9 : misses.
Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4G (Team B); needs 10, rolls 5 : misses.

Weapons fire for Hunchback HBK-4G (Team B)
Autocannon/20 at Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits LT
Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A) takes 20 damage to LT. Armor destroyed, 9 Internal Structure remaining
Critical hit on LT. Roll is 5; no effect.

Weapons fire for Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A)
Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4G (Team B); needs 7, rolls 7 : hits RA
Hunchback HBK-4G (Team B) takes 5 damage to RA. <<<SECTION DESTROYED>>>,
Critical hit on RA. Roll is 9; 1 location.
<<<CRITICAL HIT>>> on Shoulder.
Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4G (Team B); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits LT
Hunchback HBK-4G (Team B) takes 5 damage to LT. 8 Armor remaining.
Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4G (Team B); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses.
SRM 6 at Hunchback HBK-4G (Team B); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses.

Weapons fire for Warhammer WHM-6D (Team B)
Particle Cannon at Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A); needs 7, rolls 2 : misses.
Particle Cannon at Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits LT
Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A) takes 10 damage to LT. <<<SECTION DESTROYED>>>,<<<LIMB BLOWN OFF>>> Left Arm blown off.
1 damage transfers to CT.
Critical hit on LT. Roll is 9; 1 location.
<<<CRITICAL HIT>>> on +SRM 6.
Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A) takes 1 damage to CT. 28 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Cronus CRS-3M (Team B)
Medium Laser at Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits CT
Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A) takes 5 damage to CT. 23 Armor remaining.
Medium Laser at Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits LT
Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A) takes 5 damage to LT.
5 damage transfers to CT.
Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A) takes 5 damage to CT. 18 Armor remaining.
Medium Laser at Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A); needs 7, rolls 12 : hits LA
Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A) takes 5 damage to LA.
5 damage transfers to LT.
Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A) takes 5 damage to LT.
5 damage transfers to CT.
Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A) takes 5 damage to CT. 13 Armor remaining.
SRM 4 at Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A); needs 7, rolls 10 : 3 missile(s) hit.
Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A) takes 2 damage to HD. 7 Armor remaining.
Pilot of Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A) "GarfunkeL" takes 1 damage.
Pilot of Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A) "GarfunkeL" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 4 : successful!

Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A) takes 2 damage to RA. 16 Armor remaining.
Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A) takes 2 damage to RT. 18 Armor remaining..

And the Heat

Heat Phase
-------------------
Dragon DRG-1S-UK (Team A) gains 14 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Trebuchet TBT-5N (Team A) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Cronus CRS-3M (Team B) gains 12 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 8 heat.
Hunchback HBK-4G (Team B) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Warhammer WHM-6D (Team B) gains 21 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 1 heat.

Control Rolls
-------------------

End Phase
-------------------
MechWarrior Norfleet (Team A) sits down with his colleagues and cracks open a beer!
MechWarrior good little toastboy (Team B) sits down with his colleagues and cracks open a beer!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Just wondering, the Dragon's LT is destroyed now. What about the SRM ammo stored there? :M Does that only go boom on a very specific critical hit? I doubt the Dragon managed to exhaust all 15 volleys, seeing as we're only on turn 13.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom