Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Deus Ex: Human Revolution Thread: Director's Cut™

Oesophagus

Arcane
Still piss and bloom

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Now that I look closer it looks like brightness has been jacked up, look how washed out monitors the guy look compared to the first picture. So I suspect that guy has changed 1 or more settings on his system making this a not apples-to-apples comparison.

I would say the game is actually much darker overall, because they cut down the bloom massively and removed a lot of the yellow. I have it on the same gamma setting and it looks a lot darker.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I would say the game is actually much darker overall, because they cut down the bloom massively and removed a lot of the yellow. I have it on the same gamma setting and it looks a lot darker.
Which adds to my theory that the user has changed his brightness/contrast/gamma settings making comparison impossible.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Been getting a weird music bug in the Lower Hengsha hub where this odd sound keeps repeating instead of the music. Also, have had issues with crashes every now and then.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Just got done beating the second boss that you face in Montreal. They added two spiral walkways that lead to a security hub on a second floor where you can hack the two ceiling turrets to fire on her or alternatively, there's four valves that release toxic gas where I presume you can lure and kill her with if you have the lung upgrade that makes you immune to it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just got done beating the second boss that you face in Montreal. They added two spiral walkways that lead to a security hub on a second floor where you can hack the two ceiling turrets to fire on her or alternatively, there's four valves that release toxic gas where I presume you can lure and kill her with if you have the lung upgrade that makes you immune to it.
Is the game released somewhere or what? How do you play it?

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

It came out on steam this past week.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

It was released in North America two days ago. The rest of us have to wait.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Square helping us keep you non-kwas in your place :obviously:

Square is just being retarded then. In the age of DRM free TPB demos, they are just blue balling potential paying customers.

The real reason is of course that most UK countries stock new media on Friday instead of Tuesday like in the US, and digital sales are contractually obligated to be the same.

Square helping us keep you non-kwas in your place :obviously:

Square is just being retarded then. In the age of DRM free TPB demos, they are just blue balling potential paying customers.

The real reason is of course that most UK countries stock new media on Friday instead of Tuesday like in the US, and digital sales are contractually obligated to be the same.
Ah retail holding back digital sales... I'll w8 till steam sale then :smug:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Bought the upgrade and started playing it again last night, i have to say it was worth it for the commentary alone. It's very well implemented, optional, in the form of an ingame communication window with the developer picture identifying who is speaking at the moment.

It's nice to see the devs being candid about the engine, what motivated many of the decisions, the writers input, and loads of other stuff, gives perspective about the process of developing a game.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Steam fucking shit up again. Game released (outside America) and people not being able to install... and several hours have passed already since release.

Heresiarch

Prophet
I've also heard that the game commentary is one of the best features of the game. But the "fixed" boss combat so far seems only the "hack the turrets to kill them" way? Not very original. So I guess there's no killing with killphrase...

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Motherfuck!

Sloppy, sloppy, Steam. I'll shed a gallon of tears over my lost 1€ and send them to Gaben with an angry letter. That'll teach him.

Edit -- looks like I won't need to...

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/dxhr-–-director’s-cut-pc-digital-release-details#comment-108970

Right - we've been looking into this, and there was indeed a pricing error. Apologies - anybody that bought the upgrade at the higher price point will receive a refund automatically. Thanks for pointing it out!

Heresiarch

Prophet
Bought it. Two major inclines:
- The lighting tone got majorly overhauled (the screenshots posted above really don't do much justice), it looks much more natural now.
- The commentary is very fun. Not to be used unless it's your second or even third walkthrough of course, but the information it brings are all very interesting.

J1M

Arcane
Now that I look closer it looks like brightness has been jacked up, look how washed out monitors the guy look compared to the first picture. So I suspect that guy has changed 1 or more settings on his system making this a not apples-to-apples comparison.

It sounds like you just changed your graphics settings. Why was your bloom even on in the first place? Turning that shit off is the first thing I do in any game I play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom