Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tales Of ... series - Vesperia out on Steam

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I actually haven't paid much attention to the series in a long while (mostly because Namco is shit).

Tales of phantasy snes has a good fan translation
No it doesn't. There are parts where it can hardly be even called a translation.
It sounds like you don't like to fuck like a tiger

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Completed Tales of Hearts R. Nearly 50 hrs. It is one of the best vita games.

Siveon
What was the thing you didn't like in it?

Siveon

Bot
Man, don't rope me into threads I was never apart of, it's just rude.

Anyway, I never played it. Don't know where you got that idea. I was (probably) talking about the series as a whole, I could only really talk about what I didn't like in Symphonia, Eternia and Vesperia. Which was: boring combat, cringe-inducing dialogue/characters, cliche story and (for Symphonia) shoddy graphics.

EDIT: Vesperia was definitely the best one out of the three I've played though. I didn't get too far in any of the games to really judge it (40% of Vesperia, 5% Eternia and like 1% Symphonia. Symphonia was nigh unplayable for me.) so take what I say with a grain of salt.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Man, don't rope me into threads I was never apart of, it's just rude.

Anyway, I never played it. Don't know where you got that idea. I was (probably) talking about the series as a whole, I could only really talk about what I didn't like in Symphonia, Eternia and Vesperia. Which was: boring combat, cringe-inducing dialogue/characters, cliche story and (for Symphonia) shoddy graphics.

EDIT: Vesperia was definitely the best one out of the three I've played though. I didn't get too far in any of the games to really judge it (40% of Vesperia, 5% Eternia and like 1% Symphonia. Symphonia was nigh unplayable for me.) so take what I say with a grain of salt.
Sorry, bro.

It was here. And you really said you'd pass Hearts.

Gerrard

Arcane
What Tales game is the most challenging?
I have not followed the series in years, because Namco is shit (also because I don't own any new consoles), but out of the old ones Tales of Destiny 2 was one of the hardest. It's not translated though, or at least wasn't then.
I think Eternia was a good deal harder than the previous ones, but that was long ago.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tales of Zestiria might come out on PS4 and PC. It was in a Japanese PS4 commercial and here is STEAM database entry.
Tales-of-Zestiria-aparece-en-un-anuncio-japones-de-PlayStation-4-02-730x287.png

:takemymoney::desu:

Ilya

Literate
I feel bad because I spent money on Tales of Xillia and Tales of Graces F but I haven't completed them, (I barely started Xillia).
They felt so boring, nothing compared to Vesperia. I'm planning on playing Abyss but what I'm really hyped for is to see if Absolute Zero actually finishes their Tales of Destiny for ps2 translation. One can only hope.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I feel bad because I spent money on Tales of Xillia and Tales of Graces F but I haven't completed them, (I barely started Xillia).
They felt so boring, nothing compared to Vesperia. I'm planning on playing Abyss but what I'm really hyped for is to see if Absolute Zero actually finishes their Tales of Destiny for ps2 translation. One can only hope.

Tales of the abyss is very good in many aspects, especially the story.

Ayreos

Augur
The "Tales of..." series can be easily represented with the following picture:

5a05cc1e.jpg

I find the first one (Phantasia) holds up pretty well. Personally, I prefer it to Chrono Trigger. Mostly because of the fact that your party is more well developed. The combat in Chrono is vastly superior, however.

I'd recommend avoiding Symphonia, despite its popularity. The writing hits a low point in this one, I think. Eventually it became so insufferable that I simply had to stop playing it. The translation could also be described as exceedingly mediocre, which is the worst thing a translation can be.

I enjoyed what I played of Legendia, although it wasn't much.

I quite liked Grace f, if only because of the stellar battle system.

As for Xilia, I couldn't get very far. The environments are boring and lifeless, and going to its battle system after grace's felt very bad, to say the least. Like an unholy abomination created when someone saw graces combat and completely misunderstood what made it good.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
http://blog.talesofgame.com/en/tales-of-zestiria-reveals-its-pc-specs-ps4-info/

TALES OF ZESTIRIA REVEALS ITS PC SPECS & PS4 INFO!

POSTED ON 16 SEP, 2015

We’re just a month away from the release of Tales of Zestiria in the West! It’ll be the first time the Tales of Series is available on Steam and PS4, so we’re incredibly excited to reveal today the PC version’s specs and be totally transparent with you. Hold on to your rig, it’s about to get technical.

Both the PC and PS4 version will run at a 1920×1080 resolution with PC supporting resolutions up to 4K. Full HD here we come! They also benefit from many other graphical improvements: the draw distance is 2x times what it is on PS3, with the PC version having a “far” option improving it even more. Shadows, anti-aliasing and textures also got upgraded. The PC version will allow you to switch between low, medium and high for all the preceding options.

It’s now time to talk about the framerate; all versions of Tales of Zestiria will run at a constant 30 frames per second. Before you run off to the comment section, hear us out! The Tales of battle system has always been an integral part of the gameplay experience, and changing the framerate proved to have profound consequences on things like: animation, balance, difficulty, and overall fighting mechanics tuning. We do this in the best interest for the players’ experience!

To keep going with good news: as promised, Tales of Zestiria is the game with the least amount of time between the Western and Japanese releases. We’re counting on your support to keep this wonderful adventure going!

Trust us: the game is all prettied up, and we invite everybody to watch our upcoming livestream of the PC version of Tales of Zestiria on September 24th at 7PM Central European Summer Time. Come check out the first PC footage of Tales of Zestiria, meet the Tales of Ambassador, participate in giveaways, celebrate the 20thanniversary and even get a surprise! See you next week on http://bnent.eu/twitch

In other news, the final tier of pre-order rewards hasn't been unlocked yet: http://store.steampowered.com/app/351970/ (Which means no free copy of Tales of Symphonia.)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I wonder if Tales of Abyss Steam release would get more enthusiasm... seems likely, especially after seeing how people fanboy over Grandia II.

Deleted member 7219

FXAA is a bad form of AA. Would probably be better off downsampling instead.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've already played Vesperia, so I am good on that front.
I'd just have bought it again if it ever released on PC.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm actually fairly excited for Zestiria's release. Some of the new gameplay changes sound interesting, like different party members having different skills in the field to clear obstacles, which will hopefully lead to some Metroidvania-esque dungeons. New battle stuff sounds interesting too, with party members being split into two categories - humans, which have close range artes, and spirits which have long range ones, as well as the ability to apparently fuse a human and spirit together for a new form.

Arkeus

Arcane
So the whole "Get Symphonia free for pre-ordering Zestiria" is now unlocked, not that there were much chances of it not being unlocked.

I am a bit surprised by it getting to #1 on Steam Top Sellers though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom