Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tactics Ogre: Reborn - remaster based on 2010 release

I never got the feeling that there was romantic interest between Denam and Catiua. Didn't one of the endings imply that one of those three (or four?) witch sisters was interested in Denam and was leaving to try to find him? The one who was the cousin who rescued him from drowning when they were kids, right? Maybe they could have been together in the sequel that the last scene setup with Lancelot getting on board the ship.

S.torch

Arbiter
That was Olivya. Yes, it was implied she had an interested in Denam, that's why I said she could have been put like an optional route in the case of romance.
However, Denam and Catiua had way more going between them. They grown up together, they supported each other in bad times, Denam ends up travelling and fighting half the islands to help and save her, the scene on the room when they finally reconcile each other and the fact that they know one another perfectly.

Denam and Catiua is the obvious one and true match of the story.

distant

Learned
Tactics Ogre: Reborn will launch for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on November 11, according to listings on PlayStation Store price tracking website PS Deals (PS5, PS4), which feature full descriptions and first screenshots of the remastered release.

Given that the leak comes from a PlayStation Store-focused website, it is currently unknown whether the game will also be available for additional platforms.

Square Enix has yet to officially announce Tactics Ogre: Reborn. It initially leaked via a PlayStation Store page that went up too early.

Here is an overview of the game, via its PS Deals pages:

This product entitles you to download both the digital PlayStation 4 version and the digital PlayStation 5 version of this game.
About
Tactics Ogre, crown jewel of the tactical role-playing genre, is reborn!
Based on the 2010 release, the game features improved graphics and sound, as well as updated game design, bringing to life a new Tactics Ogre that remains true to its roots.
Key Features
  • A tactical role-playing game depicting the struggle for control of the Valerian Isles.
  • Your choices affect how the story unfolds, and even how it ends, with a game system that allows for multiple paths through the game and multiple endings. The story takes place through the eyes of a young man named Denam. The decisions he makes will alter the fate of those around him, and shift the course of Valeria’s history.
  • Fight pitched tactical battles on three-dimensional battlefields. The completely revamped AI enables enemies to adapt their tactics to the situation, providing a battle system that always keeps you thinking and never grows old.
  • The class-wide level management system used in Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (2010) has changed to a unit-by-unit level system. Theorycraft your way through endless combinations of classes, equipment, skills, and magic.
  • Enjoy numerous playability improvements, such as a quicker pace of battle, auto save, and a complete overhaul to the controls and UI to make it easier to get into the game than ever.
  • The unparalleled details of the characters and backgrounds from the original Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (1995) have been painstakingly recreated in high definition.
  • The cutscenes are fully voiced in English and Japanese, and all of the music has been rerecorded with live performances! The voices bring new life to the complex motivations of the characters that make up the factions and shifting political alliances of this epic story.
  • When you advance far enough in the game you’ll unlock the World Tarot, enabling you to travel back in the story with the power of your forces intact; an incredibly useful feature in a game where your choices have such a huge impact on how the story unfolds. If you wonder what a different choice would have led to, now you can find out!
  • Traveling back isn’t limited to the story; the Chariot Tarot lets you rewind up to a certain number of moves during battle. In a game of tactical battles where a single mistake can mean the difference between victory and defeat, you can play without worrying that you’ll back yourself into a corner.
  • Enjoy a wealth of endgame content such as the 100-level Palace of the Dead.
If you already own the PlayStation 4 version of this game, you can get the PlayStation 5 digital version at no extra cost and you do not need to purchase this product. Owners of a PlayStation 4 disc copy must insert it into the PlayStation 5 every time they want to download or play the PlayStation 5 digital version. PlayStation 4-game-disc owners who buy the PlayStation 5 Digital Edition disc-free console will not be able to get the PlayStation 5 version at no extra cost.
Offline Single-Player: Remote Play allows users to connect to and play games on their PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 using a mobile device, PC, or another PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
Offline play enabled.
Online features require an account and are subject to terms of service and applicable privacy policy.
https://www.gematsu.com/2022/07/tac...ate-appear-on-playstation-store-price-tracker

Poseidon00

Arcane
BROs, spaming screnshots ITT, 'cuz only steers and queers post in the "Screenshot" thread recently. :(

Playin' Tactics Ogre - LUCT (Snes) with the infamous Aeon Genesis' translation patch from 2010.

Good:

- Still looks glorious after all these years. IMO it looks more "sharp" than the PS1 remake.

a) Snes:

oUlyjSO.png

iJL8dCp.png

HhMPon4.png

b) PS1 (screens taken using my old saves from 201x):

YCYEqYG.png

wMByBsd.png

iTvQR43.png

- No constant loading (even when accessing menus), which PS1 version is (in)famous for:

5D9cmoB.png

:negative:

Bad:

- Font is kinda meh (not that the PS1 one is much better), "slides between chapters" don't work properly:

5rqD9iU.png

There are some glitches in the "units" menu. But no crashes or anything (at least when going ALL CHAOS, BABY!):

YKfnX3t.png

Anyway, I'm 30 hrs in:

OMZr0vW.png

but fun has just started:

a) Kurt dies!

I3k4R3k.png

:cry:

When suddenly!

iyfYUnx.png

ZbLAbou.png

lJnWvNQ.png

:dance:

b) We meet some quite atypical Shop Owner, who sells us a ton of weird shit:

1rkAU1a.png

When suddenly!

Ugf6Kky.png

FYfCpRk.png

:yeah:

npQlaqY.png

:love:

c) Next stop:

72bx87n.png

Just look at the time!

Kidding, I'm gonna reach like floor #25 this time and GTFO. This shit is insanely long.

Verdict: first and still best japtactical evar, shits all over FFT and the PSP remake.

:obviously:

And people complaining about "constant need of equilizing levels of your fags" probably don't even lift:

9y5XXHC.jpg

I mean, with my cheats, it takes like one minute to bring all your fags to desired level (somebody's max).

:smug:

Did you have to do that obnoxious dragon-recruiting sidequest in order to snag Deneb in the older versions?

Cromwell

Arcane

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Based on PSP version, but individual class unit leveling.

so that means what? Every unit has their own level for a given class?
Yes.

wouldnt that be annoying since you would have to level each unti by itself instead of levelling a class and every new unit already has the level? Or am I misunderstanding something here, I only played a bit of TO
It works like in any other Japanese TRPG. I'm used to this way of leveling up your characters.

It also seems like TP is removed, HP levels have increased, and there is something called Union level. Characters having affinity towsrds an element is also back.

It seems to me like we will have a completely rebalanced game.

S.torch

Arbiter
An awaited sequel for a game that basically ended in a cliff-hanger almost 20 years ago? Nope, just a remaster.
Wait, I just searched while writing this message, and it came more than 25 years ago since it was originally released in 1995. So more than 20 years waiting and what you get is the remaster of the remake of the original game? Okay. This can't even counts like the owner throwing the pet a treat, more like giving a pat after three weeks abandoning.

The best thing about the remake for PSP was the renewed artistic aspect. Akihiko always does a great work, but Tsubasa Masao did a very amazing one too. The portraits of the SNES version were already good even with the technology of the time, but the new versions had complete and detailed depictions of the characters which is impressive. The Warren Report was improved and it was very comfy to spent time heading down just reading the different characters background. But what is going to change now? The game was basically perfect already (excepting the added grinding). The filter they put was unnecessary, and it seems like they are going to add even more flashy effects and particlerinos when the game was already beautiful in its original colour and pixel-art.

Who knows? Maybe this is the preamble to having a proper sequel to the game (hopefully with romanceable Catiua) but my hopes are very bleak.

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Did you have to do that obnoxious dragon-recruiting sidequest in order to snag Deneb in the older versions?
I dunno what you talking about, so probably no.

BTW, I've tried playing the PSP remake, but was unable do deal with all this new shit. Old Snes & PS1 versions are still much superior gameplay-wise to the PSP abomination.

Will see how Square will fuck up this new version.

I've never played the Saturn version of Tactics Ogre, but I've read it's the best one, with great remixed music and no slowdown from the PS1 version. Shame there's no translation.

Hyperion

Arcane
I've never played the Saturn version of Tactics Ogre, but I've read it's the best one, with great remixed music and no slowdown from the PS1 version. Shame there's no translation.
It also has Japanese voice acting, which may have played a role in not translating it.

Based on PSP version, but individual class unit leveling.

so that means what? Every unit has their own level for a given class?
I think they're going to be merging the original and PSP versions - I don't think Denam will have his own personal level for Lord, Ranger, Dragoon, Terror Knight while Vyce has his own level for Ranger, Ninja etc. etc. Unfortunately thinks like classmarks are still likely to be included which doesn't help its own cause very much.

I dunno what you talking about, so probably no.

BTW, I've tried playing the PSP remake, but was unable do deal with all this new shit. Old Snes & PS1 versions are still much superior gameplay-wise to the PSP abomination.

Will see how Square will fuck up this new version.
Give One Vision a shot on the PPSSPP with some cheats like unlimited classmarks. It makes the damage formula a little less ass backwards, daggers and katanas are no longer the kings of damage for inexplicable reasons, archers have been toned down, crossbows are no longer grenade launchers, skill leveling has been massively increased, those boring stat increasing skills have been removed amongst a lot of other things. I've been playing on and off and it makes the game much more enjoyable. The modder is also a fairly normal slav, no ego, no drama, doesn't expect people to pay him, and he's not some fucking troon sipping on twitter moonjuice.

Funny thing about Reborn though....if you notice it mentions Hell Gate / Palace of the Dead is 100 floors, not 120. Coda was DLC for the Japanese version, but came on the cartridge with the US version. They're probably already thinking of nickel and diming us and making Coda I-IV paid DLC.

This quest is what made me quit the PSP version. Fortunately, someone found the proper cheat for the PPSSPP that makes auction items permanently available from the shop. There's also a x99 Glass Pumpkin cheat. Turn them on, get to Deneb, sell the pumpkins and buy the Orbs. Quest done.

Poseidon00

Arcane
This quest is what made me quit the PSP version. Fortunately, someone found the proper cheat for the PPSSPP that makes auction items permanently available from the shop. There's also a x99 Glass Pumpkin cheat. Turn them on, get to Deneb, sell the pumpkins and buy the Orbs. Quest done.

I need those cheats, fam. I will never voluntarily do this quest, as much as I like Deneb.

Hyperion

Arcane

I need those cheats, fam. I will never voluntarily do this quest, as much as I like Deneb.
_C1 All Class change license 99
_L 0x802E8543 0x00310001
_L 0x00000063 0x00000000

_C1 Enable auction item in store
_L 0x80310F7A 0x00270001
_L 0x00000063 0x00000000

_C0 Use Item & Reagents x01
_L 0x802E83A5 0x00970001
_L 0x00000001 0x00000000

These are all for the US version of the emulator. I know the Japanese iso is different, not sure about European version. The third one will give you 1 of every item in the game (minus some of the new items thaat the modder added via crafting and whatnot), but the reason i link it is because it includes 1 of each item to make an angel knight and lich if you'd like one from the start. Little info about the codes - the text can be changed to whatever you want, it's just how they will show up in the 'edit cheats' tab of the emulator.

C1 = Cheat is active
C0 = Cheat is inactive

spekkio

Arcane
Give One Vision a shot on the PPSSPP with some cheats like unlimited classmarks (...)
Tried One Vision and while it definitely makes skill system less retarded ("bonus damage to humans, birds, dragons, hamsters, undead, and 22 more types of enemies" - whee, looks like a mustbuy!), it doesn't fix the shitty interface and the whole "let's fucking change everything and add 22 new systems!" approach. Hard pass. Finished the Snes original with couple cheats (like "insta EXP = 99"), loved every moment.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
BROs, spaming screnshots ITT, 'cuz only steers and queers post in the "Screenshot" thread recently. :(

Playin' Tactics Ogre - LUCT (Snes) with the infamous Aeon Genesis' translation patch from 2010.

Good:

- Still looks glorious after all these years. IMO it looks more "sharp" than the PS1 remake.

a) Snes:

oUlyjSO.png

iJL8dCp.png

HhMPon4.png

b) PS1 (screens taken using my old saves from 201x):

YCYEqYG.png

wMByBsd.png

iTvQR43.png

- No constant loading (even when accessing menus), which PS1 version is (in)famous for:

5D9cmoB.png

:negative:

Bad:

- Font is kinda meh (not that the PS1 one is much better), "slides between chapters" don't work properly:

5rqD9iU.png

There are some glitches in the "units" menu. But no crashes or anything (at least when going ALL CHAOS, BABY!):

YKfnX3t.png

Anyway, I'm 30 hrs in:

OMZr0vW.png

but fun has just started:

a) Kurt dies!

I3k4R3k.png

:cry:

When suddenly!

iyfYUnx.png

ZbLAbou.png

lJnWvNQ.png

:dance:

b) We meet some quite atypical Shop Owner, who sells us a ton of weird shit:

1rkAU1a.png

When suddenly!

Ugf6Kky.png

FYfCpRk.png

:yeah:

npQlaqY.png

:love:

c) Next stop:

72bx87n.png

Just look at the time!

Kidding, I'm gonna reach like floor #25 this time and GTFO. This shit is insanely long.

Verdict: first and still best japtactical evar, shits all over FFT and the PSP remake.

:obviously:

And people complaining about "constant need of equilizing levels of your fags" probably don't even lift:

9y5XXHC.jpg

I mean, with my cheats, it takes like one minute to bring all your fags to desired level (somebody's max).

:smug:

Did that dude turn into a lich? I really need to beat this.

Leonar's voice doesn't fit him. I imagined him sounding deeper.

Anyway, I wonder how many people will commit mass murder trying to get Ravness.

EpsIXI1.jpg

somerandomdude

Learned

Is it just a rehash of the PSP version with voice overs and shinier particle effects? Unless they add some new content to the game over what the PSP version had, I don't see any point in getting it if you already got and played the PSP version.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Is it just a rehash of the PSP version with voice overs and shinier particle effects? Unless they add some new content to the game over what the PSP version had, I don't see any point in getting it if you already got and played the PSP version.

I am not sure about content. I heard there will be new music tracks, voice acting, and a rebalance of systems. Leveling classes is like the SNES version, not the PSP version.

Sentinel

Arcane

• Fight pitched tactical battles on three-dimensional battlefields. The completely revamped AI enables enemies to adapt their tactics to the situation, providing a battle system that always keeps you thinking and never grows old.
  • The class-wide level management system used in Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (2010) has changed to a unit-by-unit level system. Theorycraft your way through endless combinations of classes, equipment, skills, and magic.
  • Enjoy numerous playability improvements, such as a quicker pace of battle, auto save, and a complete overhaul to the controls and UI to make it easier to get into the game than ever.
  • The cutscenes are fully voiced in English and Japanese, and all of the music has been rerecorded with live performances! The voices bring new life to the complex motivations of the characters that make up the factions and shifting political alliances of this epic story.
    • All dialogue in Tactics Ogre: Rebornis fully voiced, bringing new life to the complex motivations of the characters that make up the factions and shifting political alliances of this epic story. You can choose between English and Japanese voices, with the ability to switch between them in the config menu at any time.

The sound effects have also been remastered, immersing you in battle like never before.

Tactics Ogre composer Hitoshi Sakimoto rerecorded the entire soundtrack with a live orchestra. At times the melodies are ominous and filled with tension, while at other times they offer a gentle reprieve. The lingering notes and haunting echoes only found in a live performance raise the immersion in the gameplay to another level.

The soundtrack even includes entirely new pieces composed just for Tactics Ogre: Reborn!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom