Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

dehimos

Augur
You mean like the historically accurate Aztec invasion of Europe?

It bothers me a lot this, my grandfather fought against the aztec hordes and died in the Battle of the Pyrenees.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Back then, people couldn't understand how the Aztecs were speaking spanish. But now, we do. They were conquered by the spanish in the future.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You mean like the historically accurate Aztec invasion of Europe?
Have they released any similar dlc since? I think they realized it was stupid as fuck even for them.

Right. Vikings were well known for finding purple axes inscribed with +3 during their raids.

I feel stronger.

Plus of course, portal to hell, summoning cthulhu, child that is literally a demon...

Paradox never went to great lengths to preserve historical accuracy.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Let it be known I don't particularly care either way. Just wanted to point out "historical accuracy" was never a concern that kept paradox from adding silly shit in the past

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
10$ for CIS zone
ChI_vCcUgAA7NRF.jpg:large

Jinn

Arcane
Welp, that 25% off was too much for me to resist. I took the plunge and pre-ordered.

The game looks good. I hope it ends up being so.

Last edited:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Couldn't resist either. At the very least it will provide a decent modding base.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Everything I see gives me a real Distant Worlds vibe. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but I assume since it's Pdox this game won't be "finished until a couple years, 100 patches and 6 expansions later. Then it will be great. :greatjob:

Got bored and left

Huh, that late game threat (it's the Unbidden) showed up pretty early and wrecked some dudes. Interesting.

Quigs

Magister
Huh, that late game threat (it's the Unbidden) showed up pretty early and wrecked some dudes. Interesting.

When you choose your FTL drive, the jump drive route has a chance to unleash them every time you jump.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm pretty sure jump drives are supposed to be late game technology, Quigs

The starting FTL choices are wormhole, warp and hyperlane travel.

DakaSha II

Prospernaut
Couldn't resist either. At the very least it will provide a decent modding base.

Enjoy your broken buggy ass mods that become unplayable after every minor DLC

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom