Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The funny thing was, it wasn't initially my intention to get rid of the other races completely.

I wanted to reduce them to a small percentage, in order to give a more Star Trek-like feel. But Paradox was very lazy and didn't implement any percentages, or any way to match names with skin color either. So you ended up with absurd amounts of colored people, as well as white people with names like Umbongo Matombe or whatever. Because of this, I just deleted the nonwhite phenotypes entirely.

What they interpreted as "disturbing" racism was just me wanting a 90s sci fi experience.

Cologno

Educated

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
There were two of them, iirc. Mine was the one that got banned. The other guy persisted a while and a lot of news outlets thought he was me, but they banned him too eventually. Then someone did phenotype splitting mods which may have gotten banned too, I don't remember. They also shadowbanned some Space German mod.

Out of all the platforms I've been banned from for wrongthink, this was the most satisfying. My low-effort mod being banned turned into headlines. Trump being elected later that year was icing on the cake. What a time to be alive.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Should have done whites-only and blacks-only mods and released at the same time, as a social test.
People did that. IIRC, they left them up for a while and then banned them. Of course, nowadays, I'm sure only the white ones would get banned.

The one they left up was the mod that had all of them separated by a single mod. So you have to take space wakanda and space china along with your space Europe. Whatever you use in-game is up to you, but it wasn't a mod whose exclusive purpose was to let you play as whites.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom