Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Star Trek: Infinite - grand strategy published by Paradox

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/our-games/star-trek-infinite

We are pleased to announce Star Trek: Infinite, a new game developed with the team at Nimble Giant Entertainment. Bringing the captivating fantasy of the Star Trek universe into an experience not before had. Follow our social media accounts and save the date for June 16th, Picard Day, where we will make a full reveal of Star Trek: Infinite.

Last edited:

Zanthia

Novice
Stellaris: Star Trek would be great, but it looks like it's a separate game with its own 100 near-identical DLCs. Typical Paradox

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Looks like Paradox got rights, and now they are creating a mod for Stellaris. I wonder, would it be crap?

v1c70r14

Educated
Looks like Paradox got rights, and now they are creating a mod for Stellaris. I wonder, would it be crap?
Everything they get their hands on turns to shit, there is no reason to think this would be any different. Star Trek as a franchise is down the toilet too and I can't imagine many people will get excited for a game set in current stardate Star Trek.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Everything they get their hands on turns to shit, there is no reason to think this would be any different. Star Trek as a franchise is down the toilet too and I can't imagine many people will get excited for a game set in current stardate Star Trek.
It'll be Nu-Star Trek no doubt.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I hope this is good, I have yet to play a 4x ST since Birth of the Federation, I would love a good new one.

hayst

Educated
The paradox pages shows a bunch of TNG characters otherwise I'd despair with you.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
The paradox pages shows a bunch of TNG characters otherwise I'd despair with you.
I'd prefer pre Kirk ST.

Louis_Cypher

Arcane
rIKdutu.png

My initial thoughts are that it looks almost identical to the existing (free), "Star Trek: New Horizons" mod for Stellaris. I've put about 50 hours maybe into that, so it is a very solid mod, and the best Star Trek 4X game since "Star Trek: Birth of the Federation" by far. The only question is how much value they can add to justify charging for this; it better have tons of units, full voice acting, better models, better GUI, etc, at the very least. To be clear, I would buy this and welcome the attempt. It's not a bad idea to release a Star Trek 4X again, or even to base it on Stellaris, but it's in competition with a free mod of substantial quality.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is it too early to complain that a 4x game is a betrayal of the Roddenberry spirit?

If this is released in a finished state odds are pretty good I'll check it out. But it's more likely it's gonna be another "wait 10 years for the definitive edition 50% discount".

I feel it's weird a lot of the techs seem to refer specifically to characters from tng. Seems a bit overly derivative and focused on a single ship.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

The teaser looks like TNG-era, but I'm not going to be too optimistic yet.

I can't imagine they will top the New Horizons mod for Stellaris.

They are Paradox, so you will need 7 expansions, 33 story packs and 935 species packs to have the complete game.

They will need licensing so there will be all kinds of retarded conditions attached like they have to heavily feature NuTrek crap.

New Horizons has neither of those issues.

I hope this is good, I have yet to play a 4x ST since Birth of the Federation, I would love a good new one.

Get Stellaris with ST: New Horizons. It's really, really good and does a far better job with continuity and lore than all the overpaid hacks in Hollywood combined.

Only major issue I have with it is that even though the graphics for jump lanes aren't there anymore, the mechanics still are. In other words, ships don't warp in a straight line to where they're going, they still pass through predetermined paths like vanilla Stellaris.
it does look like a stellaris mod, but still if its good I would pay for it
I will need to first try it out. I am not buying shit where I cannot get 100+ hours of good fun out of it (or more if it is costlier than 30$)

Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game®.

Especially when there's a better one for free already.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
They'll never be able to capture New Horizon's magic. The Borg, Kahn, the entire Mirror Universe, Terra Prime, Fallen Earth, The fact it has the entire story from ENT to PIC. You can't compete with that.
And then there's all the recent mods for BOTF which are really impressive and put life into a several decade old game. And then there's BOTF2 fan game as well.
What's the point of this product?! its obviously a cash grab. Honestly should've done a star wars game instead now that Palpatine's Gamble no longer works in HOI4. edit: nevermind turns out it recently got updated so even that'd be a dumb idea lol.

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/our-games/star-trek-infinite

We are pleased to announce Star Trek: Infinite, a new game developed with the team at Nimble Giant Entertainment. Bringing the captivating fantasy of the Star Trek universe into an experience not before had. Follow our social media accounts and save the date for June 16th, Picard Day, where we will make a full reveal of Star Trek: Infinite.

Paradox continuing their tradition of ripping off the biggest community mods (and then deleting them), I see.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I can't imagine they will top the New Horizons mod for Stellaris.
You don't need to when you get the author to delete the original. IDK if they pay people or just ban them, but it's happened a few times now.

Could always just get Paramount to write a threatening letter in this case.

Blake00

Learned
Years ago I told a long blog story of a night in 1999 when I finally got my hands on the last day 1 copy of Star Trek Birth of the Federation in my city and absolutely fell in love with it (as expected being a huge Master of Orion & Star Trek fan), playing it again and again for years and dreaming of a sequel that sadly never came due to Microprose’s demise. In that same blog post I also did a tour of each of the major BOTF2 fan projects that are quite playable theses days and continue to be worked on and that without them and the BOTF modding community we would have had nothing over the years. While we'll probably never get an official Star Trek Birth of the Federation 2 this new game certainly looks interesting...

However yeah as others have said it appears to be a total rip of the Star Trek mod for Stellaris lol, I guess Paradox thought “lets make that a real thing” lol, and grabbed the Trek licence. While I’ve not played the Star Trek mod for Stellaris myself I’ve heard many times over the years from it’s players that it often reminded them of BOTF so it will be very interesting to see just how similar this new game will be. Will be interesting to see if the Borg make a nasty appearance (judging by the teaser vid they will just like in BOTF), how much control we'll have over battle sequences, if the game does well enough to have more playable races added via DLC addons (eg Dominion), and how mod friendly it will be.

Looks like they've got a steam page up now...
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1622900/Star_Trek_Infinite/

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Uh, they mean our universe? Earth exists in the Star Trek un... Never mind
Where was your family during the Eugenics Wars (1992-1996)?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom