Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Star Trek: Infinite - grand strategy published by Paradox

Blake00

Learned
Haven't looked for a while and sure enough more dev logs have arrived... nothing exciting really.. just interviews and (much needed) bug fixes..

Dev diary 9:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1622900/announcements/detail/3827557510052041272

1699771740240-png.677291

Dev diary 10:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1622900/announcements/detail/7166977361333884838

1700830183816-png.678119

Dev diary 11:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1622900/announcements/detail/3897364481863157752

1700830152756-png.678118

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Everytime I look at pirate sites, I see it's a new game that... And then I remember Paradox released cash grab. Basically Paradox programmers are bad, and they have quite bad artistic vision.

This has HORDES of TV series, how could they screw this up?

Louis_Cypher

Arcane
I tried the Star Trek: New Civilizations mod, and I was really impressed by the amount of content.

That said, the tech tree and balance are completely FUBAR. The designer added +1 to whatever stats techs that repeat infinitely. So, it makes the the tech RNG problem from vanilla Stellaris 10x worse. Especially since there are several different weapons techs, which each need to be improved individually, and you get all of them, even if you use the ingame menu to try to focus on one or two.
One of the biggest differences between the New Civilizations and New Horizons mod is indeed the research.

In general, New Horizons is a lot more overhaul-like with more custom systems and more depth, while New Civilizations is a lot closer to vanilla and somewhat more casual.

I'd probably recommend trying out both, but to me, New Horizons just feels a lot more fleshed out.
Agreed. 'New Horizons' also feels more "canonical" since 'New Civilizations' adds a lot of fanwank factions. 'New Horizons' just sticks to the show.

I've put about 50 hours into 'Star Trek: Infinite' now and can say more about where it's mis-steps are.

As people here might expect, the Federation's oddly specific mission tree caused a lot of problems.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
It's over:
Stardate: 24204.2

1.jpg

Today, we bring news regarding the future of Star Trek: Infinite, a journey we've embarked on together with a lot of excitement.

Sadly, we must inform you that Star Trek: Infinite will not receive further updates.

Together, we've explored distant worlds, faced formidable adversaries, and created a community bound by a shared love for the Star Trek universe.

2.jpg

We want to extend our gratitude to those who have been the backbone of this journey. To the incredible team at Nimble Giant whose dedication and creativity made Star Trek: Infinite a reality. Working alongside such a talented group has been a privilege.

Equally, our partners at Paramount deserve a world of thanks. Your support and insights have been an invaluable resource, enriching our development process and enabling us to craft the game that stands before our community today. Your commitment to this project has helped us navigate the vastness of the Star Trek universe with authenticity and passion.

3.jpg

Lastly, we cannot express enough gratitude for you, our community, for your support, enthusiasm, and dedication. Your engagement, feedback, and passion have been the driving force behind this adventure. You've built more than just a player base; you've forged a community of explorers united under the banner of Star Trek.

Though our journey in updating Star Trek: Infinite concludes here, the universe we've created together remains. The legacy of Star Trek: Infinite will live on through you, the community, and the adventures you continue to share.

Thank you for being a part of this incredible voyage, live long and prosper.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
It's over:
Stardate: 24204.2

1.jpg

Today, we bring news regarding the future of Star Trek: Infinite, a journey we've embarked on together with a lot of excitement.

Sadly, we must inform you that Star Trek: Infinite will not receive further updates.

Together, we've explored distant worlds, faced formidable adversaries, and created a community bound by a shared love for the Star Trek universe.

2.jpg

We want to extend our gratitude to those who have been the backbone of this journey. To the incredible team at Nimble Giant whose dedication and creativity made Star Trek: Infinite a reality. Working alongside such a talented group has been a privilege.

Equally, our partners at Paramount deserve a world of thanks. Your support and insights have been an invaluable resource, enriching our development process and enabling us to craft the game that stands before our community today. Your commitment to this project has helped us navigate the vastness of the Star Trek universe with authenticity and passion.

3.jpg

Lastly, we cannot express enough gratitude for you, our community, for your support, enthusiasm, and dedication. Your engagement, feedback, and passion have been the driving force behind this adventure. You've built more than just a player base; you've forged a community of explorers united under the banner of Star Trek.

Though our journey in updating Star Trek: Infinite concludes here, the universe we've created together remains. The legacy of Star Trek: Infinite will live on through you, the community, and the adventures you continue to share.

Thank you for being a part of this incredible voyage, live long and prosper.

I like there is no world or image about Star Trek: Discovery.

Blake00

Learned
What a shame.. just another case of a greedy publisher forcing a small dev team to rush out a game on a small budget and then pull the plug before they can put out all the resulting fires..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom