Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim in-game footage

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Jaesun said:
I had no idea Jesus was a blacksmith too.
Oh my god I just noticed that.

BEARDS CONFIRMED IN SKYRIM!

Machocruz

Arcane
Bioshock combat? LMAO

Spell effects look shit as always.

Those are probably all the weapon and enemy types that will be in the game.

bussinrounds

Augur
Machocruz said:
Bioshock combat? LMAO!

Spell effects look shit as always.

Those are probably all the weapon and enemy types that will be in the game.

:thumbsup:

Compared to d&d, the monster types are fuckin wack in these games.

.Sigurd

Educated
Feels just like Oblivion, only with better animations and artistic direction.
And what's up with the horse? Funny thing is that Todd criticized how the horses in Oblivion felt robotic and now they come up with that.

ElectricOtter

Oblivion: Pretty Edition

(might pirate, but there is no way i'm paying 50 usd for the shitpile)

Max Heap

Arcane
Comrade Goby said:
I've fought mudcrabs tougher than those dragons.

Crab.gif

Remember these from Ultima 9?
Mudcrabs are smalltime!

(These and the crabs from Drakensang 2 = Toughest crabs ever!)

Commander Xbox

Learned
catfood said:
Dragons will be the new cliffracers, mark my words.

It's looking that way isnt it. Only these cliffracers are going to be a lot more time consuming and annoying to kill.
Jesus. What the fuck was Bethesda thinking by making these things infinite. They should have had a limited amount that were rare and really hard to kill, and dropped phat lewtz.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
The FPS crowd will love this game, as it did Oblivion. People who actually have a clue what a good RPG game is will have to wait for mods...

..if you'd told me this was an Oblivion DLC pack I'd have believed you.

After Mount and Blade and Dark Messiah...combat like that just looks so..dull.

Looks nice, but I'm ready to be dissapointed.

Stop posting all those negative comments on the consoltard site, you wont fool anyone anyway.

Esquilax

Arcane
Commander Xbox said:
catfood said:
Dragons will be the new cliffracers, mark my words.

It's looking that way isnt it. Only these cliffracers are going to be a lot more time consuming and annoying to kill.
Jesus. What the fuck was Bethesda thinking by making these things infinite. They should have had a limited amount that were rare and really hard to kill, and dropped phat lewtz.

Yeah, that was incredibly disappointing. They could have made every dragon encounter special, with each dragon having unique abilities and attacks, yet Beth decides to throw in some more of their lazy copy + paste design by repeating the same fucking encounter over and over again. This idea of more = better really pisses me off, it's like Beth doesn't realize the concept of diminishing returns. If one dragon is cool that means that a million dragons must be like the coolest thing ever!!!

I dunno about cliffracers, maybe this will be more like Oblivion gates.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
The question is, am I a moron if I buy this for the Xbox360 and after playing it for a couple hours I enjoy it for what it is?

:M

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Icewater said:
Why does Bethesda still not seem to understand that gravity accelerates things. Objects and people still fall at a leisurely, constant pace, just as in Oblivion. Wtf?
The part where the dragon snatches and drops the giant looks hilarious.

Esquilax

Arcane
No, you're a moron if you ask strangers on the Internet if it's okay to like a game or not.

But seriously, I had a lot of fun with Oblivion... for the first four or five hours. The first dungeon I went to after the tutorial was a lot of fun - just the right amount of enemies, a few scrolls detailing what the bandits inside the ruin were up to, decent level design and a nice little statue at the end which pointed me to a quest.

The problem was that once you gain a few levels you realize how hollow everything is. Every ruin is the same, level scaling is everywhere, enemies have a ton of HP bloat, and exploration sucks because almost all the loot is scaled too. The quest design is really bad as well. It's just a badly-designed game, overall.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Esquilax said:
No, you're a moron if you ask strangers on the Internet if it's okay to like a game or not.

But seriously, I had a lot of fun with Oblivion... for the first four or five hours. The first dungeon I went to after the tutorial was a lot of fun - just the right amount of enemies, a few scrolls detailing what the bandits inside the ruin were up to, decent level design and a nice little statue at the end which pointed me to a quest.

The problem was that once you gain a few levels you realize how hollow everything is. Every ruin is the same, level scaling is everywhere, enemies have a ton of HP bloat, and exploration sucks because almost all the loot is scaled too. The quest design is really bad as well. It's just a badly-designed game, overall.
This is part of Bethesda's ingenious strategy to hide their copy/paste approach to development. It's no coincidence that even the game's best dungeon appears literally right outside of the tutorial area. Front-load all of the unique, original and interesting content, then fill up the rest of the game with all the stuff they just didn't have time to polish or refine. It evidently fools the journalists who have to get their reviews out in a day, and it certainly makes for a good trailer at E3.

TripJack

Hedonist
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Icewater said:
Why does Bethesda still not seem to understand that gravity accelerates things. Objects and people still fall at a leisurely, constant pace, just as in Oblivion. Wtf?
The part where the dragon snatches and drops the giant looks hilarious.

come on guise let's be fair we all know that it is hard to program proper gravity i mean you have to like change the velocity variable over time and pick a proper value for g and stuff that is not easy

:M

Commander Xbox said:

Tbh having infinite dragons doesn't mean they will be common. A final boss that respawns everytime you enter his room is still gonna be the strongest, rarest enemy in the game.

Since I imagine that "dynamic" thing will be bullshit, I'm guessing dragons have a chance of appearing on some spots of the map (preferbly open plains like the one where a dragon swwops in and grabs a hill giant)

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Old link died, found a new one. Animations look wooden as usual. Especially the effects when people fall look ridiculous. The giant when he's dropped by the dragon and that lich when he's blasted into the air by a spell. Combat looks as bad as usual. Dragons seem as fragile as the cliff racers of old. Other than that? A slightly prettier version of Oblivion.

http://www.gamersnet.nl/movies/the_elde ... _gameplay/

drunkpriest

Scholar
Dragons are so fearsome that a npc will watch one land five feet away and then load another arrow, then after they have fire breathed on them they shrug it off, draw their sword and say "come on monster"

Renegen

Arcane
3rd person finishing blows = I'm out, so long Skyrim.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom