Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Shadowheart

Agree?

• Shadowheart is 2/10, and the drow is a tranny

• You've come too late, I don't see it. I already fucked them both.

• Kingkongmrade

Results are only viewable after voting.

abija

Prophet
SH is above average tho, objectively speaking. This is a troll thread and you got trolled. Unless op as well as some many other nerds has very aquired, specific tastes in woman, which is possible but unlikely.
This is not RL. Games should be perfection++.
She's meh, and on purpose. Artists aren't that bad. What we get in gaming today is the equivalent of 0/1000 in a multiple choice test.

Devastator

Learned
aGvUxLF.jpeg

DBZafRO.jpeg

jackofshadows

Magister
This is not RL. Games should be perfection++.
She's meh, and on purpose. Artists aren't that bad. What we get in gaming today is the equivalent of 0/1000 in a multiple choice test.
Care to post any examples of "perfections"?

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Oh, it was just bad lighting. Bad lighting can really ruin a face like that, which is why I always take my selfies in the best lighting conditions possible, and why it's often best to give characters their own light sources, or even better, add a vertex property to their face textures so that certain parts are always lit or always in shadow. However, such advanced rendering techniques require something resembling artistry and finesse, which is why they're rarely seen outside of Japanese games. (Sorry, I've having a brain aneurism, and have suddenly forgotten how to edit my previous post.)

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
This is real? This isn't a glitch where the game is assigning her an incorrectly-gendered face?

I think I'm gonna be sick.
Oh, it was just bad lighting. Bad lighting can really ruin a face like that, which is why I always take my selfies in the best lighting conditions possible, and why it's often best to give characters their own light sources, or even better, add a vertex property to their face textures so that certain parts are always lit or always in shadow. However, such advanced rendering techniques require something resembling artistry and finesse, which is why they're rarely seen outside of Japanese games. (Sorry, I've having a brain aneurism, and have suddenly forgotten how to edit my previous post.)
Two different female drow characters: the first (Bester's post) is Viconia, the second (jackofshadows' post) is Minthara.

Also, as a newbie, you only have five minutes in which to edit a post; if you wait a year or equip the ring, then you'll always have the option to edit a post, though it will display an edited notice in the bottom-right if not performed within five minutes of posting.

Last edited:
Could not touch any of the women in the game. Laez is the only one that was palatable personality wise, but shes so fucking ugly I could not do it bros.
The fucking skeleton would ask why I wasnt with anyone and there was no option to tell him that everyone was a fucking abomination and that no self respecting man could ever love them.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
:hmmm:

You niggers need to chill the fuck out.
If we are going to sperg out about ugly women in video games, BG3 is not even close to being the worst offender.
1. Lae'zel is a supermodel for the standards of her ugly race. Lore takes priority over your coomer urges.
2. Shadowheart has a good looking face. Her starting haircut is just a bit goofy. And some of her facial animations can look odd for a split second.
3. The only disaster here is viconia, but her looks are the least of her problems.
4. Minthara was designed for based primordial germanic manjaw enjoyers like me. I want some of that Clea DuVall cavewoman squarehead. She's perfect. Thank you Swen.

ljasuvvrdr481.gif

1e79b03481518d9abc8d4e933b2b7604.jpg

Last edited:

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
I'm deeply convinced shadowheart was intentionally made ugly

I remember seeing some pictures of how they changed her face late in EA period. They literally just inexplicably gave her a masculine chin, and its very easy to imagine it was for some incredibly trite reason.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
I'm deeply convinced shadowheart was intentionally made ugly as part of the agenda to make you accept the unacceptable, to get you comfortable with the uncomfortable, because she's just too ugly to watch without revulsion. This is part of the whole "body positive" agenda where nothing is too ugly, or you're a bigot.

In the same way, that female Drow NPC has a male face to get you comfortable with having sex with post-op transvestites.

I'd like to know if any single person agrees or am I just on an entire plane of existence of my own now.
You think she's ugly? How can you think a hot goth mommy is ugly?

abija

Prophet
Why are you trying to gaslight so much?
Look at witcher games vs cyberpunk.
TR 2013 and Rise vs new ones.
Even FFVI despite the asian style.

It is VERY obvious when artists try and when they don't.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

Random NPCs are prettier than the female romance options. Yeah, it's obvious what's going on.

jackofshadows

Magister

Except they tried. The fact they didn't please you is another story. The whole BG3 cast is attempt to please various crowds. That's so not the same as when activists uglifying females in vidya on purpose.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom