Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lol, you learned how to a fight a starting boss that literally only fights you once per run (since you are expected to lose to them). How many times did you re-roll a character to do that? You seem to belong to the same batch of retards as my friends NJCluck and MecicatedPoot.
I'm now convinced porky is an actual superhero and his power is to be always 100% factually wrong about anything he says, while still presenting his arguments with absolute smugness.

You fight him as a regular mob in Stormveil Castle and you can retry the boss fight teleporting from Liurnia. The same creature also appears at least two more times around the world and, in true ER fashion, you face two of them at the same time in the very first dungeon.
Spoken as someone who played the game 187.3 times consecutively and used the roll button! Hah! Poopsocking loser!

:mixedemotions:

Lol, you learned how to a fight a starting boss that literally only fights you once per run (since you are expected to lose to them). How many times did you re-roll a character to do that? You seem to belong to the same batch of retards as my friends NJCluck and MecicatedPoot.
I'm now convinced porky is an actual superhero and his power is to be always 100% factually wrong about anything he says, while still presenting his arguments with absolute smugness.

You fight him as a regular mob in Stormveil Castle and you can retry the boss fight teleporting from Liurnia. The same creature also appears at least two more times around the world and, in true ER fashion, you face two of them at the same time in the very first dungeon.

Except he said in his post: "... like the Scion, no bullshit, no crazy weapon arts as you don't start with any"

<drops mic>

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Except he said in his post: "... like the Scion, no bullshit, no crazy weapon arts as you don't start with any"

<drops mic>

It's an SL1 run i'm doing after i finished the game with a normal character. The point i was making is that you don't need anything special to beat the Scion, since on a fresh SL1 character you start with almost nothing, so your argument that Elden Ring enemies are impossible to do "legit" and you can only get past them using bullshit tactics is clearly not true.

Of course, i obviously knew how to fight the Schion having faced him many times in my previous run, but that's the point. By the time i rolled my new character, i had that boss figured out which shows once again that the FromSoft formula is still working as intended, that is, you don't need lighting reflexes to beat those bosses, you just need to understand them, same as all other Souls games.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

<drops mic>
I know you don't read other people's posts, but have you now reached the point where you don't even read your own?

Lol, you learned how to a fight a starting boss that literally only fights you once per run (since you are expected to lose to them). How many times did you re-roll a character to do that?
Or are you so entrenched in this giga cringeomatic persona of yours that you've become unable to acknowledge even obvious and negligible mistakes as this one? At one point, it stops being simple trolling and it has to be considered pathological.

Yeah, he said he fought it without weapon arts... so what? Are you sure you didn't drop that mic on your head?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I did use barbaric roar but that's not the kind of weapon art that trivalizes the game Porky was arguing was the only kind that allows you to bypass the nimble sort bosses.

<drops mic>

It's an SL1 run i'm doing after i finished the game with a normal character. The point i was making is that you don't need anything special to beat the Scion, since on a fresh SL1 character you start with almost nothing, so your argument that Elden Ring enemies are impossible to do "legit" and you can only get past them using bullshit tactics is clearly not true.

Of course, i obviously knew how to fight the Schion having faced him many times in my previous run, but that's the point. By the time i rolled my new character, i had that boss figured out which shows once again that the FromSoft formula is still working as intended, that is, you don't need lighting reflexes to beat those bosses, you just need to understand them, same as all other Souls games.

You are literally arguing against yourself. Games are not supposed to go "play this multiple times to learn the bosses to be able to face them in a skillful manner". Either the combat system is good, and you can play them with skill right away, or it's trash like in ER, and you need to no-life your way through the game a bunch of times, and then act like "oh you need to git gud, SUCKA", when in reality, you are wasting your time playing the same shit many times.

Of course, i obviously knew how to fight the Schion having faced him many times in my previous run, but that's the point.

Lol, that is EXACTLY the point.

<drops mic>
I know you don't read other people's posts, but have you now reached the point where you don't even read your own?

Lol, you learned how to a fight a starting boss that literally only fights you once per run (since you are expected to lose to them). How many times did you re-roll a character to do that?
Or are you so entrenched in this giga cringeomatic persona of yours that you've become unable to acknowledge even obvious and negligible mistakes as this one? At one point, it stops being simple trolling and it has to be considered pathological.

Yeah, he said he fought it without weapon arts... so what? Are you sure you didn't drop that mic on your head?

You are starting to get angry, my little friend. Just like last time. Why do you do this to yourself?

And my point is still the same, no matter how many times you refuse to understand it: that boss gives you one chance at the beginning of the game, and you are meant to lose. The fact that its clones show up later in the game changes nothing for normal people, who only play a game once (maybe replaying it years later). We don't all have the luxury of playing a game 20 times like you, most of us did not have a lobotomy.

MedicatedPoot jumps in to assist his buddy NJCluck... You guys always have to do rotating shifts to handle one of me, and yet in the end, even with the aid of Doink of Banville, my debating skills and sheer charm will go through you like a stale Taco Bell burrito through a sphincter.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
MedicatedPoot jumps in to assist his buddy NJCluck... You guys always have to do rotating shifts to handle one of me, and yet in the end, even with the aid of Doink of Banville, my debating skills and sheer charm will go through you like a stale Taco Bell burrito through a sphincter.
git gud son

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Reminder of Porky the Popamoler's modus operandi:

Porky.png

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
You are starting to get angry, my little friend. Just like last time. Why do you do this to yourself?

And my point is still the same, no matter how many times you refuse to understand it: that boss gives you one chance at the beginning of the game, and you are meant to lose. The fact that its clones show up later in the game changes nothing for normal people, who only play a game once (maybe replaying it years later). We don't all have the luxury of playing a game 20 times like you, most of us did not have a lobotomy.
I'm getting too old for these amounts of cringe, I think I might die

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
A boss that you are not supposed to win against? Why, totally unheard of in video games.

Say, since you like KCD, how about that first encounter with Runt?

"But, but, you HAVE to lose that, it's intentional"

No shit. You don't say.

Reminder of Porky the Popamoler's modus operandi:

Porky.png

Too easy, Doink... Ah, it's good to live rent-free in your tiny brains...

I'm getting too old for these amounts of cringe, I think I might die

Hang in there, sparky...

A boss that you are not supposed to win against? Why, totally unheard of in video games.

Say, since you like KCD, how about that first encounter with Runt?

"But, but, you HAVE to lose that, it's intentional"

No shit. You don't say.

I didn't say the boss being unbeatable is bad. I said you using it as an example of your so called "skillz" is a joke, because you must no-life a game to "git gud" at such kind of bosses. Pay attention.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

I didn't say the boss being unbeatable is bad. I said you using it as an example of your so called "skillz" is a joke, because you must no-life a game to "git gud" at such kind of bosses. Pay attention.

You said those bosses were impossible to do and people only got through them using bullshit tactics. I posted a video showing you can do them legit, and your answer is that it's bullshit because everybody can do them if they replay the game 20 times or whatever, except you also argued that those kind of bosses require the kind of turbo reflexes only a 15 year old spaz kid would have (so which is it?), but aside for a couple of lounging attacks everything the Scion does is slow as molasses. Beating this guy has nothing to do with reflexes it's all about knowing what he does and learning his moves, which is standard for all FromSoft games and one of the reasons some of us like them so much.

Given the tone of your responses here i'm unsure if i should buy your argument that games that require patience and training are inherently "bad", since maybe it's just sour grapes at the fact you suck at them that is speaking here. Elsewhere you also posted that the combat in Elden Ring sucks because it's not "realistic", citing KCD as a game who did the combat correctly. If you have a preference for simulation over arcade gameplay it's your prerogative but if you don't like arcade games as a matter of principle why the fuck are you even playing this stuff? Also, aren't there simulations that require literally hundreds of hours to master, like flying sims or racing sims? I mean if you wanna talk about real life you don't think in real life fighting against a skilled opponent in a boxing or martial bout involves training to counter their moves and techniques?

Some people here have argued that Elden Ring has gone in a direction that makes it less fun than previous From games, but in your case you seem to have a prejudice against the very idea of all of them, and i don't see how this wouldn't apply to the arcade genre as a whole. Waisting hundreds of hours trying to get past the last stage in Shinobi? Total bullshit, games shouldn't be made like that.

You said those bosses were impossible to do and people only got through them using bullshit tactics.

Which is true, as long as you are talking about normal people playing a game once and then moving on (replaying it years later is ok).

I posted a video showing you can do them legit, and your answer is that it's bullshit because everybody can do them if they replay the game 20 times or whatever, except you also argued that those kind of bosses require the kind of turbo reflexes only a 15 year old spaz kid would have (so which is it?), but aside for a couple of lounging attacks everything the Scion does is slow as molasses. Beating this guy has nothing to do with reflexes it's all about knowing what he does and learning his moves, which is standard for all FromSoft games and one of the reasons some of us like them so much.

Yep, playing the same game 20 times in a row is ... abnormal.

Given the tone of your responses here i'm unsure if i should buy your argument that games that require patience and training are inherently "bad", since maybe it's just sour grapes at the fact you suck at them that is speaking here.

I mean, I beat every FS game that came out for PC, and posted videos here. Check out my video of me beating Sword Saint Isshin for the first time a few pages back in this thread. No cheese, pure skill, only took 3-4 days of like 1-2 hours each day. That's probably the hardest boss FS ever made in any game. But yeah, tell me more about how I suck.

Elsewhere you also posted that the combat in Elden Ring sucks because it's not "realistic", citing KCD as a game who did the combat correctly. If you have a preference for simulation over arcade gameplay it's your prerogative but if you don't like arcade games as a matter of principle why the fuck are you even playing this stuff?

Because in the shitstorm that is melee combat in video games, FS games are actually closer to "realistic" than vast majority of other games. And they certainly used to be closer back in DaS1 days, you know, before bosses had infinite stamina, 360 degree tracking, vomit-spam of infinite range attacks, etc.

Also, aren't there simulations that require literally hundreds of hours to master, like flying sims or racing sims? I mean if you wanna talk about real life you don't think in real life fighting against a skilled opponent in a boxing or martial bout involves training to counter their moves and techniques?

Sure it does, but that's like the final finishing step. The basics martial artists pick up over the entire course of their training, and it doesn't change for every single opponent. A jab is a jab, a rear naked choke has the same principles every time, etc. But in FS games, every single boss/tough enemy presents its own "puzzle" and you have to completely change your approach for each one. If martial arts were like this, they would be useless.

Some people here have argued that Elden Ring has gone in a direction that makes it less fun than previous From games, but in your case you seem to have a prejudice against the very idea of all of them, and i don't see how this wouldn't apply to the arcade genre as a whole. Waisting hundreds of hours trying to get past the last stage in Shinobi? Total bullshit, games shouldn't be made like that.

I have a prejudice agains the direction they have gone in since DaS1. DaS1 had a much better formula, the bosses were tough but reasonably tough, you didn't have to beat your head against the wall for hours, the world was much more in-depth and interesting and played a larger role in the game. Since then, they have progressively gone into simpler world/tougher bosses directions, where now the world is just a back-drop for runs between bosses.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
On the question of having to redo the same boss over and over to master it, it is not only a legitimate way to do difficutly but i will say i actually enjoy fighting them more than once, so much so that one feature that i'd like to see is the ability to redo bosses even after you kill them, a feature i just learned Sekiro actually does have, which shows that From themselves already anticipated the desire of players to cut their teeth again on a boss they already killed.

Today i got summoned for Godrick by a dude called "i'll let you solo it" or something along those lines and i enjoyed having to redo the whole fight immensely, all the more since now i had an audience lmao. To my eternal shame, i got stomped when he was like 15% of health and the dude didn't summon me again, which made me sad. I would love if this game allowed you to fight bosses in the arena with players as spectators, like some sort of gladiatorial game.

No wonder Porky cannot git gud if he thinks replaying games you like to master them is not normal. Pretty sure I played all of the games that I really liked multiple times. And games I don't like I quit pretty fast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom