Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Lambach

Arcane
FS started out with actual games, which had interesting game worlds, more exploration, etc, and bosses were just one part of the game. Over time, they keep going more and more to a game format where boss fights are pretty much everything. The boss fights keep getting more and more ridiculous, 4 phases, 3 phases, other bullshit, meanwhile the rest of the world keeps getting simpler and more bland.

ER is probably too large for its own good and stretched a bit too thin, but pound-for-pound, it still offers the most exploration within the most diverse environments out of any FromSoft game, so that criticism is objectively false.

So all we have left is the same thing we had right from the start: you're crying about General Chadahn grabbing you by the pussy.

You'll have to excuse Copey. Complications with the diabeetus hampers him from understanding what forum he's on, much less what thread he's in. Some days he's lucky if he knows that he's on the internet.

I dunno, his faculties seem fine to me. He's able to remember and obsessively keep checking a forum thread about a video-game he doesn't like.

But if you're confused about all that inarticulate ape-like screeching, that's because he's something we call a "high-functioning autistic savant". :smug:

And you are a low-functioning monkeyboy... :hero:

You'll have to excuse Copey. Complications with the diabeetus hampers him from understanding what forum he's on, much less what thread he's in. Some days he's lucky if he knows that he's on the internet.

You can't really win at this, MedicatedPoot. Considering how much I've been abusing you and your ilk here, the more you insult me, the more you insult yourself, because if THAT GUY was able to do this to you, how dumb must you be? :smug:

QED.

Where is this mythical thread that you're doing anything but barking the same tired nonsense you've been doing for years? Assuming it was dementia related to your corpulence was, frankly, the nicest thing I could think of to say about you. I'm sorry you find it insulting.

It's every thread where I've made you oh so butthurt before. Including this one. ;)

FS started out with actual games, which had interesting game worlds, more exploration, etc, and bosses were just one part of the game. Over time, they keep going more and more to a game format where boss fights are pretty much everything. The boss fights keep getting more and more ridiculous, 4 phases, 3 phases, other bullshit, meanwhile the rest of the world keeps getting simpler and more bland.

ER is probably too large for its own good and stretched a bit too thin, but pound-for-pound, it still offers the most exploration within the most diverse environments out of any FromSoft game, so that criticism is objectively false.

Fake news, monkeyboy. It's literally a shit-load of recycled copy-pasta bland terrain (compared to the intricate layering of DaS1 for example).

So all we have left is the same thing we had right from the start: you're crying about General Chadahn grabbing you by the pussy.

You are the pussy he grabbed me by... <drops mic> OOOHHHHHHH

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
ITT: man no longer enjoys videogames but keeps playing them nonetheless, then proceeds to call other people's behavior abnormal. Can't make this shit up.
Otter the Popamoler:

Otter-Watermelon.png

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
NJCluck, who are you trying to lie to... Keep in mind, I was just posting my videos in this thread of me beating Sekiro bosses, when you and you butthurt buddies clucked their way over here, and started getting all butthurt about nothing (except me astutely pointing out all the issues with the shitty games you like).
Ah, yes! The good old "I was just doing my thing and you people are so obsessed with me you have to follow me everywhere". A staple of the Porkster-bingo.

Except that...

@mediocrepoet @NJClaw @Zed Duke of Banville get your granny panties on, boys, Porky is BACK!
...you literally pinged us. But how could you know? You already proved countless times you aren't even able to read your own posts.

I like vidya games in general. If the industry produces very few games of quality these days, should I abandon this entire hobby and interbreed with my cousins like some people here? I think not...
I'm amazed at your ability to hop around the point like a fat, diabetic, incontinent ostrich.

If the industry produces very few games of quality, play those games. Playing to completion 60-hours games that you consider utter shit makes no sense. Why would you willingly spend hours and hours every single day doing a thing you don't enjoy? Isn't there anything else you'd rather spend your time doing?

If the industry produces very few games of quality, play those games. Playing to completion 60-hours games that you consider utter shit makes no sense. Why would you willingly spend hours and hours every single day doing a thing you don't enjoy? Isn't there anything else you'd rather spend your time doing?

Well apparently, according to himself, the only alternative for him is interbreeding with cousins so he has no choice.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Well apparently, according to himself, the only alternative for him is interbreeding with cousins so he has no choice.

This explains a lot about him, tbh.

NJCluck, who are you trying to lie to... Keep in mind, I was just posting my videos in this thread of me beating Sekiro bosses, when you and you butthurt buddies clucked their way over here, and started getting all butthurt about nothing (except me astutely pointing out all the issues with the shitty games you like).
Ah, yes! The good old "I was just doing my thing and you people are so obsessed with me you have to follow me everywhere". A staple of the Porkster-bingo.

Except that...

@mediocrepoet @NJClaw @Zed Duke of Banville get your granny panties on, boys, Porky is BACK!
...you literally pinged us. But how could you know? You already proved countless times you aren't even able to read your own posts.

That was a joke referring to you and your buddies being so butthurt last time in the Elden Ring thread. Who knew it would incite a new round of immense butthurt... Tee hee...

I like vidya games in general. If the industry produces very few games of quality these days, should I abandon this entire hobby and interbreed with my cousins like some people here? I think not...
I'm amazed at your ability to hop around the point like a fat, diabetic, incontinent ostrich.

Stop being so obtuse. If someone is into some hobby, they are stuck with the quality that the hobby produces at the time. Once better games are being made, you can be assured, I will switch to them.

ITT: man no longer enjoys videogames but keeps playing them nonetheless, then proceeds to call other people's behavior abnormal. Can't make this shit up.
Otter the Popamoler:

Otter-Watermelon.png

For a second I thought you were posting your family album.

This explains a lot about him, tbh.

Well, obviously that was a thinly veiled insult aimed at you being inbred, but I guess when you are 5 foot tall, a lot of stuff goes over your head.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Porky, I will stop making fun of you because I'm now convinced there's actually something wrong with you. I'm here if you need to talk, and from now on I'll always be supportive.

Max Damage

Savant
ODtKOXN.png
I don't get crowd combat in this game, anything besides dash + charged attack feels like coin flip that you can't afford because the heals are very limited. I've learned Whirlwind Slash and it doesn't stagger anything that's attacking, so you can't really use it, and Mikiri Counter so far is missing every opportunity because I can't afford to just chill in one spot. How do you crowd control in Sekiro?

Max Damage

Savant
I did my best to look up how you're supposed to manage crowds, and basically every reply is "Sekiro is about being ninja, run away and pull them one by one". Think I'll just uninstall, this is boring beyond belief.

Crowd combat before you get the skill that restores your health on deathblows is not really feasible. After you get that it's more manageable with help of prosthetics like firecrackers, and later on with ninjutsus and "vault over" skill that allows you to perform ninjutsu mid combat. But combat vs multiple opponents never really becomes good, and it was never good in any From game that I played. Combat in these games works best in 1v1 fights.

Last edited:

Turn_BASED

Educated
You control crowds how you fight anyone else in this game. It’s been awhile, but I think it goes something like this…

*cracks knuckles*

L1 L1 L1 L1 L1 L1 R1

L1 L1 L1 L1 R1

L1 L1 L1 L1 L1 L1 L1 L1 L1 L1 L1 L1 R1

Cromwell

Arcane
"Sekiro is about being ninja, run away and pull them one by one"

thats not entirely wrong. In your screen you could have just grappled up to the roof on the right and skipped the enemies. Its possible to kill crowds esopecially if you have more skills and tools and are not a bad player but in general the game isnt expecting you to do this most of the time. Thats why it tells you early on how to avoid being seen and how to backstab enemies.

Cromwell

Arcane
I have to change my opinion about the game. I ranted in this very thread how shit the combat was and how I didnt like the rhytm mechanics, that was when it came out. I played until second hinata estate and gave up. I gave the game another try a few weeks ago (cant play that much when children are in the house so it takes me a while) and am now on my way to the final boss. I beat every other boss in the game and just killed the demon of hatred a few minutes ago (not counting most of the udnead because why?). Its a great game and my ranting was probably because I was just shit at it.

The only thing I still dont like very much, which has probably been discussed to death here is that the prosthetics still feel like a gimmic most of the time and the only thing I really used consistently was the shuriken rush. I am also to lazy to use buffs since I tend to be so focussed on the fight that I dont consider to apply or reapply them and only use small breaks to heal, I wouldnt even know if I had enough time to use them with how fast most bosses act. The other thing I noticed is, despite how sekiro should be the faster game and seems so on first glance none of the bosses were even remotely as spastic as the fucking elden ring retard brigade.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have to change my opinion about the game. I ranted in this very thread how shit the combat was and how I didnt like the rhytm mechanics, that was when it came out. I played until second hinata estate and gave up. I gave the game another try a few weeks ago (cant play that much when children are in the house so it takes me a while) and am now on my way to the final boss. I beat every other boss in the game and just killed the demon of hatred a few minutes ago (not counting most of the udnead because why?). Its a great game and my ranting was probably because I was just shit at it.

The only thing I still dont like very much, which has probably been discussed to death here is that the prosthetics still feel like a gimmic most of the time and the only thing I really used consistently was the shuriken rush. I am also to lazy to use buffs since I tend to be so focussed on the fight that I dont consider to apply or reapply them and only use small breaks to heal, I wouldnt even know if I had enough time to use them with how fast most bosses act. The other thing I noticed is, despite how sekiro should be the faster game and seems so on first glance none of the bosses were even remotely as spastic as the fucking elden ring retard brigade.

I'm actually more or less in the same boat. I still think it's overrated here, but it's far better than I gave it credit for. I figured if Porky beat it, it really couldn't be that hard.

As it is, the thing seems almost slow and measured after playing a lot of Elden Ring. I'm still fairly early on though, I think.

Cromwell

Arcane
it really couldn't be that hard.

it isnt. One of the criticism I read here from someone was the bosses take to long and I found even that is no concern. All the game wants is for you to find out how to do soem thing efficiently (or just fuck with it if youre good enough), if a fight takes ages youre doing soemthing wrong and havent found a way to speed it up. Even demon of hatred was relatively quick after I figured out what to do and when, the rest was just "dont make stupid mistakes".

Thats the thing I came to really like about the game, it may not have one thousand and one ways to play it like the souls games have (supposedly, I never experimented much but bashed my way through) but it helps me to actually enjoy it more. Its pointless to waste time and grind, look for another trick, another stronger weapon etc. All you need you more or less have from the get go, if you fail its on your skills. There are no gimmicks to most bosses (except the dragon) they all show you exactly what they are able to do and you can very quickly figure out what to do and how to fuck them up, difficulty lies only in execution of the plan. Because none of the arts are really needed but imho more nice to have and the only skills that are "mandatory" imho would be the "more heals" experience is more or less irrelevant which in turn means death isnt as annoying as it can be in souls games (although its overblown there too). The window to parry something is also so generous even a cripple like me can pull it off most of the time.

The only thing I would have liked would be that the warning for unblockable moves would tell you which one of the three it is, but on the other hand that would make it to easy I guess.

The only thing I would have liked would be that the warning for unblockable moves would tell you which one of the three it is, but on the other hand that would make it to easy I guess.

Definitely not needed, animations are easy enough to read. But I did plenty of bitching of my own about this game during first playthrough and only when I started a fresh second run that I was really able to appreciate how smooth and easily controlled combat is. Also then I realised that Sekiro is much easier than Souls games in many ways. Couple more fresh starts and I had a run where majority of bosses couldn't land a single hit on me. Now that is something I would never have patience to achieve with DSIII or Elden Ring.

Sekiro combat shits all over Dark Souls/Elden Ring combat. Much more elegant, realistic, and interesting.

Unfortunately, the rest of the game is pretty meh. Same lack of story/dialogue as in other FS games, and the world design is much simpler than DaS1.

@medicatedpoot, I've beaten more difficult games than anyone on the Codex. You knowwww thisssss, maaannnnn.

Cromwell

Arcane
Finished it. Even in the end I couldnt be arsed to use buffs because I was way to concentrated on fighting and not dying to find the time to apply some 30 second buff. Played it on ps5 and wasted about 40 minutes until I noticed that gamemode on my TV was disabled which explained why often my mikiri was off and things didnt seem to work, after enabling it I just walked over ishhin and his grandson.

there was a point where I was annoyed that I had to do all phases again and again but in my final try everything was "easy" and fast which means, again, if you take to long or 4 phases are to much you are shit at the game and propably arent aggressive enough. what a cool game, probably my favorite right beside bloodborne. I will try and finish demon souls remake next since I have that lying around since forever and never really did it.

I just think Elden Ring has devolved into an "open world action/adventure story (TM)", compared to other non-Sekiro FS souls games.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Sekiro doesn't need Elden Ring degeneracy.
Good for the modder, I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom