Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
the bosses are too spazzy, so everyone uses some cheese.

Seems to me you never got gud on your roll fu and are now bitching the game is too teh hard to do legit.

Except Sekiro is easy mode to me compared to a lot of fights in Dark Souls III or Elden Ring. I find bosses a lot easier to read in Sekiro.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Elden Ring is probably worse because they had to factor in jump attacks now. Some attacks you can get clear by jumping over them instead of rolling, something which i was able to do from time to time (in my fight with Mogh, there's an easy attack that you can just both jump over or stay under if you just did a jump attack). Hyperarmor and knowing when that kicks in is another big one. I also noticed some combos require you to fine tune positioning. You can actually avoid that flurry Margit does by rolling around him instead of rolling backwards which is what most people would do instinctively (myself included). You need to know where to roll, when to roll, whether you should jump or even run instead of rolling and so on.

Parry is impressive and everything but there's a certain atristry at being able to roll your way out of every combo and come out clean out of each one.

Seems to me you never got gud on your roll fu and are now bitching the game is too teh hard to do legit.

I mean if you are very young and have great reflexes, maybe it can be done, but outside of a few e-sports type youtubers, I haven't seen anyone take on ER bosses in a legit way. The delays, feints, 3 frame attacks, etc just make it too hard to react to them in time for most normal people. So almost everyone summons NPCs/Players, has a block build, uses some cheese weapon/art to outdamage the enemy, etc.

Lambach

Arcane

I mean if you are very young and have great reflexes, maybe it can be done, but outside of a few e-sports type youtubers, I haven't seen anyone take on ER bosses in a legit way. The delays, feints, 3 frame attacks, etc just make it too hard to react to them in time for most normal people. So almost everyone summons NPCs/Players, has a block build, uses some cheese weapon/art to outdamage the enemy, etc.

Paging NJClaw .

Where your videos at, fam?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Paging NJClaw .

Well, does he do more damage than enemies? That's not allowed. Does he use a shield? That's not allowed. etc.

CopeyTheChallenged always tries to find a way to negate the evidence that he just blows and acts all smug about it.

Lambach

Arcane

I mean if you are very young and have great reflexes, maybe it can be done, but outside of a few e-sports type8 youtubers, I haven't seen anyone take on ER bosses in a legit way. The delays, feints, 3 frame attacks, etc just make it too hard to react to them in time for most normal people. So almost everyone summons NPCs/Players, has a block build, uses some cheese weapon/art to outdamage the enemy, etc.

Paging NJClaw .

Well, does he do more damage than enemies? That's not allowed. Does he use a shield? That's not allowed.

I doubt he does more damage, it was a Level 1 Run, IIRC. :M

Not sure about the shield.

NJCluck and MedicatedPoot have no life. They play these games 20 times in a row. Of course if you play any game based on bosses patterns so many times, eventually you can beat anything with your hands tied behind your back and jerking yourself off with your mouth. But I am talking about normal peole playing ER for the first (and only) time.

Lol, I actually remember now when I was playing ER, I was making fun of NJCluck cause he posted a video of himself playing ER for like 7th time, and he was cheesing the shit out of it, so THEN he got so butthurt, on the 20th run he did a level 1 run. Pretty sad...

Lambach

Arcane
NJCluck and MedicatedPoot have no life. They play these games 20 times in a row. Of course if you play any game based on bosses patterns so many times, eventually you can beat anything with your hands tied behind your back and jerking yourself off with your mouth. But I am talking about normal peole playing ER for the first (and only) time.

Lol, I actually remember now when I was playing ER, I was making fun of NJCluck cause he posted a video of himself playing ER for like 7th time, and he was cheesing the shit out of it, so THEN he got so butthurt, on the 20th run he did a level 1 run. Pretty sad...

>nobody other than pro e-sports people could do this
>haha, well of course everyone can do this if they practice enough

You dumb gorilla ape nigger.

:avatard:

You seem upset...

Let me break it down for you of sub-macaque IQ: playing a boring game 20 times is not normal for people with a life. For most normal people, parrying and dodging is impossible in ER the first time they play it. After 20 times doesn't count except in cases of basement dwelling NEETs such as yourself. ;)

Lambach

Arcane
You seem upset...

Let me break it down for you of sub-macaque IQ: playing a boring game 20 times is not normal for people with a life.

You're posting on RPGCodex.net. You're already not normal, you orangutan shit-chugging ass spelunker. :lol:

But I do agree, it's very difficult to beat the game based on pure dodging skills alone on the first try. However, FromSoft games are kinda meant to be replayed, by design.

And I know for a fact you're not too busy banging Victoria's Secret models to start another run and get better. You know how I know? Because you're posting on fucking RPGCodex.net, mongoloid.

Admit it, Hora Loux pushed your shit in with his WWE Suplex so hard you started crying and now you're too scared to go up against him again? :smug:

You're posting on RPGCodex.net. You're already not normal, you orangutan shit-chugging ass spelunker. :lol:

What's not normal about playing RPGs or vidya games, you squirrel-shit-for-brains? What are you a dumb jock from the 80s? Video games are a mainstream form of entertainment now.

Playing the same dumb game over and over, on the other hand, is a surefire sign of a recent lobotomy.

But I do agree, it's very difficult to beat the game based on pure dodging skills alone on the first try. However, FromSoft games are kinda meant to be replayed, by design.

No, they are really not. There is no RPG out there that is meant to be replayed right away, time after time, that's only what sad no-lifers do.

And I know for a fact you're not too busy banging Victoria's Secret models to start another run and get better. You know how I know? Because you're posting on fucking RPGCodex.net, mongoloid.

See above, field-mouse droppings.

Admit it, Hora Loux pushed your shit in with his WWE Suplex so hard you started crying and now you're too scared to go up against him again? :smug:

I beat him and completed ER when it came out. What I wasn't going to do is spend 20 runs learning their dumbass spazz attacks and delays. I leave that sort of retardation to ... retards like you.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
-Watches some Elden Ring level 1 no-hit joke weapon feet controller while on cocaine runs-

Wtf, some people have too much free time.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Paging @NJClaw .

I'm sorry but, as you can see, I committed several crimes in my SL1 run:

Just off the top of my head: I used status effects, I wielded two weapons, I rolled, I had an armor, I used rune arcs and other consumables, I got hit once, I played the game more than once, I used an ash of war, I used elemental damage, I jumped, I equipped talismans...

WHAT? SOMEBODY ENJOYED A GAME AND DECIDED TO PLAY IT MULTIPLE TIMES? Call Infinitron, this isn't right!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's almost as if the game was designed to factor in all those things. Status effects, weapon arts etc. You get more tools they give bosses more moves, doesn't seem so strange to me.

And if you are good enough to do it without any tools, all the better. And you don't need to be a pro to do that either. I'm an old ass 40 years old boomer and i can do it often enough lmao. Like the Scion, no bullshit, no crazy weapon arts as you don't start with any, just good old fashioned figuring out what he does:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Couple more of my cleaner fights, using bleed which you can consider a "cheat" but it's not hard to see that i had them figured out nontheless:

Most other times i just took the victory and moved on as i didn't feel like trying to master the moves 100% but i suspect if i had put the time i could have.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I AM SAD

ONE OF FEW GAMES THAT I LIKED BUT RAGEQUIIT.

TRIED DEMON OF HATRED FEW DAYS AND FAILED

THEN SWORDB SAINT PUSHED MY SHIT IN FOR A DAY AND I WAS DONE

BROS I AM SAD

Bro I was stuck on some of the bosses for week in this game. The real fun only started when I went for a fresh second run, non NG+, and saw how swiftly I'm cutting everyone down, it's like the game was sped up 20 times. First run is a trial by fire. Demon of Hatred you can just skip though, it's not worth it unless you are really into dodgefag gameplay.

Last edited:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I AM SAD

Bro I was stuck on some of the bosses for week in this game. The real fun only started when I went for a fresh second run, non NG+ and saw how swiftly I'm cutting everyone down, it's like the game was sped up 20 times. First run is a trial by fire. Demon of Hatred you can just skip though, it's not worth it unless you are really into dodgefag gameplay.
BRO YEAH I KNOW THAT CUNT IS OPTIONAL

I SHOULD HAVE STARTED NG RIGHTAWAY BUT ITS BEEN MONTHS

It's almost as if the game was designed to factor in all those things. Status effects, weapon arts etc. You get more tools they give bosses more moves, doesn't seem so strange to me.

Summoning players/NPCs to help you defeat a boss is not tools, it's a cop-out. Status effects cheese you look up online is not a tool, it's cheese. Good games have good combat systems, with moves, count-moves, techniques, etc. Shit games like ER have cheese.

And if you are good enough to do it without any tools, all the better. And you don't need to be a pro to do that either. I'm an old ass 40 years old boomer and i can do it often enough lmao. Like the Scion, no bullshit, no crazy weapon arts as you don't start with any, just good old fashioned figuring out what he does:

Lol, you learned how to a fight a starting boss that literally only fights you once per run (since you are expected to lose to them). How many times did you re-roll a character to do that? You seem to belong to the same batch of retards as my friends NJCluck and MecicatedPoot.

BROS I AM SAD

I mean I know how you feel, Sword Saint was an utter cunt, but I HAD to finish that shit. I studied his moves until I could know what he did on a molecular level. When he farted lightning, I sharted thunder, and when he weaved, I impregnated.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Lol, you learned how to a fight a starting boss that literally only fights you once per run (since you are expected to lose to them). How many times did you re-roll a character to do that? You seem to belong to the same batch of retards as my friends NJCluck and MecicatedPoot.
I'm now convinced porky is an actual superhero and his power is to be always 100% factually wrong about anything he says, while still presenting his arguments with absolute smugness.

You fight him as a regular mob in Stormveil Castle and you can retry the boss fight teleporting from Liurnia. The same creature also appears at least two more times around the world and, in true ER fashion, you face two of them at the same time in the very first dungeon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom