Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Game of the Year 2015 - VOTING HAS BEGUN [AUTISM ALERT]

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Should have just used a forum, where only people that have been here a year or more can only vote. The vote would be a post in a thread, and that way, we can publicly mock you FOREVER based on your vote. Just like the good old codex days. :M

Someone actually DID write a script to vote & fuck up the poll. The autism meme seems very appropriate.

Oh, I thought 'autism' was a criticism of those of us who were pointing out how prone the poll is to fraud.

Well I'm glad somebody broke it, now we just need to transpose those titles over to a secure voting forum, or perhaps return to a points system and let Codexers type in the games they preferred?

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/alternative-rpg-codex-goty-2015-vote.106906/

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Really, all these tries for an "accurate" voting system are naive. These rating-votes will always attract all the haters that simply want to downvote some game they haven't even played, or give 10/10 to a game they know doesn't deserve that much, but they just want it to top some other. I barely stopped myself from giving 1/5 to some games I haven't even played. Also separate voting sites always invite trolls who will try to break the system with a script or some other shit.

The best way to make this vote is the old tried–and–true way of listing your favorite games by preference from 1 up to 5, where the first gets something like 5 points the second 4 points... etc.
Obvisouly voters can be only already existing members of the codex. It's not an absolutely accurate way, but it does away with excessive autism, trolling and stuff like that.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Darth Roxor You don't get it, do you? Here, let me explain what just happened as I understand you have extreme difficulty grasping basic mechanics.

1: I jokingly threaten a memetic number of votes on a game Codex doesn't like.
2: Codex gets so fucking salty they immediately go full retard, despite being fully aware they are speaking with someone who advocates botting repetitive and trivial tasks.
3: I start seriously considering actually doing it now, because you triggered little bitches are boundless sources of amusement for me and nothing more.

Luckily for you I'm very apathic, so unless you continually provoke me I won't care enough and won't actually do it. Unfortunately for you, even though I am once again narrating my trolling and exactly what will happen, you will go along with it anyways.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Darth Roxor You don't get it, do you? Here, let me explain what just happened as I understand you have extreme difficulty grasping basic mechanics.

2: Codex gets so fucking salty they immediately go full retard, despite being fully aware they are speaking with someone who advocates botting repetitive and trivial tasks.
3: I start seriously considering actually doing it now, because you triggered little bitches are boundless sources of amusement for me and nothing more.

Luckily for you I'm very apathic, so unless you continually provoke me I won't care enough and won't actually do it. Unfortunately for you, even though I am once again narrating my trolling and exactly what will happen, you will go along with it anyways.

Darkest Dungeon: 12 out of 10! GOTY 2016!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

tumblr_me6oayA9Em1r96x1xo1_400.png

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
single-player mmo vs glorified action game

which is better and why?

discuss!!!
There's nothing inherently wrong with action games, but since the only think MMOs have going for them is multiplayer a single-player one will always be shit.

Unwanted

The Nameless Pun

Unwanted

Watch out guys, we got a badass over here.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Derpest isn't on the list, so you're the only troll victims here. :D

gestalt11

Arbiter
AOD and Underrail in same category, that's fine.

AOD & Underrail in the same category as Crypt of the Necrodancer seems pointless.

Also what's the deal with the gigantic quiz format? eff that.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
AOD and Underrail in same category, that's fine.

AOD & Underrail in the same category as Crypt of the Necrodancer seems pointless.

The Watch GOTY poll had just one category for everything, and it worked out very well:

Gamers' Choice

Rank
Game
1 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (34,2%)
2 Pillars of Eternity (21,2%)
3 Fallout 4 (10,0%)
4 Underrail (6,7%)
5 Age of Decadence (6,4%)
6 Shadowrun: Hong Kong (4,3%)
7 Legends of Eisenwald (2,1%)
8 Undertale (1,4%)
9 Serpent in the Staglands (1,2%)
10 Blackguards 2 (1,1%)

Editors' Choice

Rank
Game
1 Pillars of Eternity
2 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
3 Underrail
4 Fallout 4

http://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/game-of-the-year-awards-2015--best-rpg-365.html

Very similar to our internal results so far.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
From what I've read here, doesn't seem like Underrail will be above AoD, neither is PoE getting in Top 3.
And the Editor's Choice having a 4th instead of just 3 titles just so instead of correcting their members about they could include FO4 to appeal to them (W3 apparently isn't even mainstream enough) is even sadder than PoE getting their GOTY.

slackerwizrd

Educated
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Drudkh

Learned
Goddamn that list was too long, and i saw "Dragon Quest Heroes" Suck a dick, jesus christ.

Where the fuck was Yo-kai Watch you fucking fake ass scrubs? If you're gonna include the most cynical "enhanced goty adobe flash edtion" games, might as well include everything.

Roshans GOTY thread 4 life.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom