Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak Random Non-Japanese Asian RPG News Thread

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron

Return of Condor Heroes

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Xuan-Yuan Sword: Mists Beyond the Mountains is getting an English release. It's a remaster of Xuan-Yuan Sword III. Comes out of the blue. It will come with English text.

Modron

Arcane
Just posting this because it's an oddity, a chinese made potatophilic deckbuilding rpg.
The story is adapted from the Nobel Prize-winning work “Krzyżacy - The Knights of the Cross” by Henryk Sienkiewicz, and tell the life and death struggles between the Polish-Lithuanian people and the aggressive Teutonic Knights in the 15th century.

Play as a knight, embark on the medieval adventure, search for companions, collect diverse cards, and help Polish-Lithuanian Alliance defeat the Teutonic Knights in the Battle of Grunwald.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Just posting this because it's an oddity, a chinese made potatophilic deckbuilding rpg.
The story is adapted from the Nobel Prize-winning work “Krzyżacy - The Knights of the Cross” by Henryk Sienkiewicz, and tell the life and death struggles between the Polish-Lithuanian people and the aggressive Teutonic Knights in the 15th century.

Play as a knight, embark on the medieval adventure, search for companions, collect diverse cards, and help Polish-Lithuanian Alliance defeat the Teutonic Knights in the Battle of Grunwald.

_teutonic_

ss_35df59e8fdee97adb1dbf488ef1bdd8048b1d8f5.1920x1080.jpg

Modron

Arcane
Fateseeker is 60% off, the biggest discount it has had in near 3 years now.

Fateseeker 2 is 60% off as well, its lowest price yet.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Lol, there's s section in the first video of FS2 where the dude punches and moves boxes. Oh boy!
Sokoban_ani.gif

notpl

Arbiter
Fateseeker is 60% off, the biggest discount it has had in near 3 years now.

Fateseeker 2 is 60% off as well, its lowest price yet.

How is it/are there good English translations available for both games?

Modron

Arcane
Haven't got the game yet myself but some codexers have said their decent (at least the first one don't really know about the second one) for machine jobs id est not completely nonsensical like the tale of wuxia presequel's official machine translation.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1189490/_/

This game caught my eye as I was mindlessly scrolling for something interesting to play. Seems to be a highly rated cultivation themed card game with a dedicated English mod in the workshop.

It's not really a card game, those "cards" you see are skill equipped from what you learn from books and all. Like most of these indie Chinese cultivation games, it is mostly open world simulation (e.g. Mount and Blade) where you can do anything with lots of random NPC. There are some quest lines tho that you can follow or you can just fuck around

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played everything but their latest card game. Good to see that the studio is still alive.

notpl

Arbiter

Still can't tell based on the combat footage if it's using a HTLS-style action point system, or if it's one attack = one turn like all the others. The former being preferable, obviously.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Gu Long waifus and husbandos are extremely high quality.

I would've played that card game due to its connection to HTLS but now that they're using upgraded Unity the autotranslate chit no longer works.

notpl

Arbiter
It is so fucking insane that these people don't translate their games to English. It has to be some sort of chauvinistic decision, the economics of it don't make any possible sense.

On the other hand, if it were a matter of chauvinism, they wouldn't offer simplified Chinese. They are clearly willing to compromise national pride in the face of the almighty dollar (or yuan, in this case) to some extent. So I have no theories left.

kyosuke

Educated
Patron
It is so fucking insane that these people don't translate their games to English. It has to be some sort of chauvinistic decision, the economics of it don't make any possible sense.

On the other hand, if it were a matter of chauvinism, they wouldn't offer simplified Chinese. They are clearly willing to compromise national pride in the face of the almighty dollar (or yuan, in this case) to some extent. So I have no theories left.

I reckon Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese can be converted between each other with native speakers with moderate effort and there is probably a plethora of professional tools for this so they can do it internally.
"Converted" because pretty much most terms/prose/grammer/vocab in Simplified and Traditional Chinese are shared.
English on the other hand actually requires hiring a professional translator(s?) and good ones are not cheap to hire.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Gu Long waifus and husbandos are extremely high quality.

I would've played that card game due to its connection to HTLS but now that they're using upgraded Unity the autotranslate chit no longer works.

They put the raw data on workshop like HTLS so if someone is keen of doing LOT of manual work they can translate easy

But yeah new ILL2C Unity fucked over autor translator so much

This new Heluo game is 100% untranslateable unless Heluo put a workshop file like HTLS or someone updated Auto Translator

Jinn

Arcane
This new game will likely never be translated in any decent capacity. Fucking sucks.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
This new game will likely never be translated in any decent capacity. Fucking sucks.

Heluo has enough following for the game to be picked by online group or just particularly free fan

It's on technical issue, it' hard. This game seems more ToW/PoW than HTLS so I am worried that Heluo won't release workshop for it

Jinn

Arcane
Heluo has enough following for the game to be picked by online group or just particularly free fan

It's on technical issue, it' hard. This game seems more ToW/PoW than HTLS so I am worried that Heluo won't release workshop for it

I kind of doubt that a fan translation group will pick it up in any reasonable amount of time. We're still waiting for Tale of Wuxia to get a decent editing pass/DLC translation. Not to mention the prequel. The ai translation of Ho Tu Lo Shu is atrocious. And the only reason we got something as decent as the Path Of Wuxia fan translation was because of COVID. If we see anything for this new game, it'll probably be half a decade or more away. These fucking Chinese just need to realize their games are wanted in the west. They just need to hire actually competent translators instead of half-assing it all the time. Heluo in particular is terrible about it, to the point where they ignored the west completely for a massive success like Path of Wuxia.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom