Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak Random Non-Japanese Asian RPG News Thread

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Funny how you can immediately see it's Chinese because of the《 GAME NAME 》lol

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Yasha: Legends of the Demon Blade, roguelite action RPG by Taiwanese developer:

ss_e9e6ca7752a883afdea4a3989b2c703d5b57b846.600x338.jpg
ss_61d2cf969aec15c1d4b74490f6bccf8defe59489.600x338.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Reversed Front, an alternative history board game about overthrowing China with rebel factions (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Tibet, Uyghurs, and so on) getting a digital version. This is made by Taiwanese developer.

ss_ca95ecf905db59e3c4c2c0a42c16ed2653022888.600x338.jpg
ss_b2d615437dbb32c723e60e10bc647b8dc697a0b8.600x338.jpg

notpl

Arbiter
I wish one of these "chinese version of ______" games would actually fucking come out so I can decide if any of them are going to be worthwhile.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Officially only in Chinese, but it does have a pretty good fan translation patch. It's not fully done, but the first two years of school are pretty solid and the team is working on the rest: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2099481885

Year 3 is kinda slower progress wise because everybody is busy now (compared to Covid era when Year 1 and 2 was released). Main programmer is starting degree in Japan, people are more busy working. But with Year 3 being out officially and no more major script change very likely we might see more work. Especially that we are nearing year end holiday.

Pretty chill team over all in the discord.

Jinn

Arcane
Anyone know what the recent slew of negative reviews are about? I know people weren't happy with Year 3 when it came out. What are they mad about now?

notpl

Arbiter
Anyone know what the recent slew of negative reviews are about? I know people weren't happy with Year 3 when it came out. What are they mad about now?
The year 3 plots still go nowhere and it feels like a very obvious setup for DLC.

kyosuke

Educated
Patron

Didn't know they were making a new Roguelite style Fate Seeker game with FS2 MC. To be released 12/12 according to their announcement, with 50% off for FS1 and FS2 owners (supposedly).

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
How was Fate Seeker 2?

From the sounds of it, very good and even better than the first. Wouldn't know though because these fucking Chinese won't have their games translated to English.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
This came out this month, is a very unusual deck-building roguelike:

Instead of making a deck, you just create a sequence of up to 8 cards that play in loop. The trick is trying to make interesting combos & synergies to defeat the opponent. Has a short but very challenging PvE mode with some CYOA elements, but I think the real draw is the multiplayer mode. Is kind of a battle royale against 7 other players, each turn you duel someone and then get 30 secs to improve your sequence with new cards. The loser lose some points, once they are all gone he leaves the match.

Very intensive and brutal, only downside so far is that it has some micro-transactions to unlock all characters & level them up. You can grind for currency, or buy it...

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
This came out this month, is a very unusual deck-building roguelike:

Instead of making a deck, you just create a sequence of up to 8 cards that play in loop. The trick is trying to make interesting combos & synergies to defeat the opponent. Has a short but very challenging PvE mode with some CYOA elements, but I think the real draw is the multiplayer mode. Is kind of a battle royale against 7 other players, each turn you duel someone and then get 30 secs to improve your sequence with new cards. The loser lose some points, once they are all gone he leaves the match.

Very intensive and brutal, only downside so far is that it has some micro-transactions to unlock all characters & level them up. You can grind for currency, or buy it...

This is surprisingly fun. And note that the mtx is for unlocking new deck (profession, basically 2ndary card set above what your char have, and this is full deck not just booster) or characters. There 3 major deck with each deck having different characters who have different passives. Playing the game through progression (can be done in SP or MP) unlock 3 characters. Playing a bit today I got enough free gold to unlock 4 more characters/profession deck.

Game is pretty damn fun

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Game is pretty damn fun
Yeah, the most impressive thing so far is how brutal the challenges are and how crazy are the decks that people make in multiplayer. They managed to make a sort of "battle royale draft" mode that I never expected but now really enjoy.

It also has some Auto Chess element (if you are not familiar its a "new" genre coming from a DOTA2 Arcade game) where duplicates makes for stronger card. There is economy aspect to it to be greedy or to hold for upgrade as well. Pretty fun

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I follow Ho Tu Lo Shu on Steam, and this update greeted me:

Path of Wuxia, Ho Tu Lo Shu, and now this. They did say they were going this route, but I hope they don't stick with only this type of game.

河洛群俠傳 (Ho Tu Lo Shu : The Books of Dragon)
Announcement
河洛的最新作品《天外武林》即將上市!!
389f02ceede34fb06479ed7c321ff01104918ee4.png

各位玩家們好,河洛的最新作品《天外武林》將於2023年1月6日上午8時於Steam平台正式上市了,首週將推出九折優惠!!
《天外武林》是一款Rogue-lite策略卡牌遊戲,結合多樣化的卡牌組合以及多線式的武俠劇情,讓你在構築牌組的過程中體驗千變萬化的江湖!

購買過《河洛群俠傳》的玩家們,有福了!!
慶祝《天外武林》上市
將同時推出《河洛群俠傳》+《天外武林》九折優惠組合包
凡買過《河洛群俠傳》的玩家,選擇購買「河洛天外組合包」,即享有《天外武林》再打九折的優惠

歡迎老玩家和新玩家一起來探索河洛天外的武俠世界

503348188dc4da521166f5f0e4a1a082e3ed17be.png

謝謝大家長久以來的愛護,請繼續支持河洛的遊戲!!!

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

Path of Wuxia, Ho Tu Lo Shu, and now this. They did say they were going this route, but I hope they don't stick with only this type of game.

Announcement
河洛的最新作品《天外武林》即將上市!!

購買過《河洛群俠傳》的玩家們,有福了!!
慶祝《天外武林》上市

歡迎老玩家和新玩家一起來探索河洛天外的武俠世界

Huh, I truly thought that it's gonna be cheap 2D card game while they finish Path of Wuxia but it seems they make a full fledged 3D game. I guess the models are from HTLS? And they just make the card game?

kyosuke

Educated
Patron

Announcement
河洛的最新作品《天外武林》即將上市!!

購買過《河洛群俠傳》的玩家們,有福了!!
慶祝《天外武林》上市

歡迎老玩家和新玩家一起來探索河洛天外的武俠世界

Huh, I truly thought that it's gonna be cheap 2D card game while they finish Path of Wuxia but it seems they make a full fledged 3D game. I guess the models are from HTLS? And they just make the card game?

Judging from the official screenshots and video, seems like only combat is in 3D.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
lel

main character of that game

is the son of Xiao Xiami and Yan Yushu from Ho tu lo shu

2x7wrAw.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom