Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 3 Reload (ex portable thread)

Tenebris

Scholar
I'm pretty sure in the original it was a crossdresser not trans. But man imagine the meltdown when they localize the P4 remake.

We reached out to Atlus for comment and didn't hear back in time for publication.
What are they expecting Atlus to say exactly?

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I only put a couple of hours into it but I like it very much so far. It feels much closer to P5 than P4G due to the addition of baton pass and the more stylized look. The only thing I dislike so far the bland dungeons (which I expected) and the somewhat annoying soundtrack with its obnoxious beats. Of course, the latter is just a matter of taste.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
finished it merciless difficulty took 55 hours (skipped around 30% of dialogues so prob around 60h game if I would have read everything)

decent remake but easier than p3 or p3p since you have shitload of new tools to trivialize combat. early game challenge was good because you have limited amount of sp recovery (you can obviously reduce this if you don't explore areas in one go)
middle/late game I did not die even once but it was close couple of times bosses can still hit hard and insta kill rng gaming is still there if you are not prepared

oh yeah and nyx was easier than strega meme gang :?

I skipped elizabeth fight I have done it before and its too gimmicky so don't feel like doing it again

merciless reaper nearly got me had to use plenty of consumables, I was lvl 82 so not sure if that was underleveled + did not buy homunculus. with all tarot / xp accessory boost after reaper level went from 82 to 94
rbDQXB1.png

you can see other players average level so middle game I was about 10-13 levels behind -> merciless xp reduction is pretty significant or others just grinded shitload more than I
there is new event which lets inactive companions to gain levels but its limited to 2 companions + random event so still tedious to use whole roster

managed to max rank everything without guide but took some optimizing mainly with dialogue options, only had 3 days left to spare though

academy / courage / charm was easy to max was done with em 4~ months before final boss

overall probably the best way to play persona 3 I also liked new music. few design choices were pretty retarded for example if you don't waste time with that little fucker (ken) in specific time you miss michael fusion -> no metatron -> no orpheus telos :roll:

8/10 was worth 1 dollar that I spent

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Koromaru is a true VIP in Reload. Hot damn. Apart from Dark coverage which is one of the more useful damage types, he has one of the best Theuregies in the game, Auto-Masukukaja after you spend time with him and Debilitate.

Ivan

Arcane
Looks like I still have a lot of game left. The game says I have one more shadow to take down but I'm only in the level 50s.

Also, my OCD has me read every single blue blurb, just like in DQ11. That game floored me how often it gave new flavor text to its NPCs after every world event. Here it's not so bad.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
People actually bought this slop?

Is fastest selling ATLUS game so far

And I am probably buying it too later after all DLC is out and it's on 40% discount

P3 is the first modern Persona, people have fond memory over it, and honestly dungeon aside is probably the best iteration of modern Persona. Soundtrack is amazing too

scytheavatar

Scholar
People actually bought this slop?

While it is true that this is a downgrade from the original P3 in many ways, it is still way closer to P3 than P3P was. And there's no way I can stand playing P3 with non commandable party members, or with that shitty original Fuuka VA.

Overall it's like P5R, the improvements from the original are simply too much to ignore and the downgrades are a small price to pay.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Didn't play the original, so can't compare to Reload, but so far I'm enjoying it. The feeling I get is that it's a dumbed down Persona 5, same basic gameplay but much less to do, and what there is to do... Is in a much simpler format.

A few things tho...

The social link with the small child at the shrine playground, found the entire thing weird.

The tower is extremely boring to climb, currently at level 100 or so barrier. I read it's 266 levels, this will be mind bogglingly boring.

Few activities, few locations to explore.

Jinn

Arcane
Persona 3's dungeon is absolute trash and I can't believe they didn't do anything to fix it in Reload.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Persona 3's dungeon is absolute trash and I can't believe they didn't do anything to fix it in Reload.
They made it visually more appealing and added the little Monada side rooms to break the monotonous flow of beating mooks who can't fight back. That's already a big upgrade over the dreary Tartarus from the original. Still not ideal, but it's something. Might be remembering wrong but I think the floors are smaller in Reload so going through each floor ends up being quite quick unless you stop to fight against everything.

Ivan

Arcane
Oddly enough, I'm not too bothered by it. I think it's because it feels like a megadungeon vrs the boring corridors of P4G's dungeons.
-I know every 20 or so floors the art will change as will the roster of enemies
-once you get deep enough, I don't remember, you start seeing option "hard" zones you can engage with
-the music track sees some nice variety too
-I like knowing that I've reached the progression cap in the dungeon and change my focus to the social links that interest me
-sometimes you get good reasons to go back to the dungeon once you've reached the cap (e.g. sometimes you get informed that an NPC you have a social link with is trapped in there)
-lastly, and I don't remember if you could do much of this in 4 or 5, but I have fun juking the enemies and sprinting past them for fun. feels a bit like a funny platformer that way
-I'm going to try to provoke Death to come chase me next, as I haven't done that yet

I'm at ~170 and still look forward to seeing what comes next.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
and possibly Digital Devil Saga
Based if true.

A game "connected to SMT5"
Yea I was just thinking how it's been too long since SMT5s release for them to simply release a Maniax version of it. The likely candidate is that the next mainline SMT will get the Apocalypse treatment, and that's good. I eventually came around to liking SMT5 but it's still a very flawed platform and adding a bit more content wouldn't be enough. It needs a makeover from the ground up.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

biggs

Novice
P3 Reload threw out the original art direction in favor of Persona 5's "pop". Iwatodai dormitory is way too bright.

Oh well, post-Persona 2 games are borderline not worth revisiting because of that dreadful calendar system.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
P3 Reload threw out the original art direction in favor of Persona 5's "pop". Iwatodai dormitory is way too bright.

Oh well, post-Persona 2 games are borderline not worth revisiting because of that dreadful calendar system.
as opposed to either persona 2 which are so worth it lol

Falksi

Arcane
Had a quick blast on a mates copy of the weekend for a few hours, and have to say from that short snippet I liked it enough to buy it.

I really enjoyed the original on PS2, and there's enough improvements whilst keeping things true to the original to sway me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom