Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 3 Reload (ex portable thread)

Derringer

Prophet
They made a party control hack for FES so I'm not really sure what the general idea behind it is being just more of a hassle to resell vs just the game by itself or a patch like the Grandia 1/2 port job with the ps1 fan undub. The writing in Persona 3 is padded out retarded anime melodrama, it's worse than Wild Arms 4 (one of Anonymous Agony author's favorite JRPG was Wild Arms 4, Haze's design and his sister are inspired by Kresnik and Yulie right up to where Kresnik throws on a wife beater shirt near end-game). Wild Arms 4 is shorter at least and the music isn't complete trash (Persona 3 Portable is easier to speed through without the ingame cutscenes).

Last edited:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Meh, would have prefered FES. Hard skip on that one. Kinda sad though, because Persona 3 is by far the best game of the series.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Here's your enhanced edition bro

1674158878546667-fs8.png

1651945272556.jpg

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
BTW this is also on xbox, PS4 and switch so you can just emulate it. And Sega puts all its PC games simultaneously on steam and xbox stores (they use the same regional pricing) and is on game pass. As you can see above this port is not worth full price.

Nomad_Blizz

Arcane
Enjoying playing it again haha Have strong nostalgia of playing P3FES. But they also allow you to choose your gender this time and get a different perspective on the characters. Just finished the first Full Moon boss and started block 2. I agree that P3 is likely still the best persona. The themes, characters, music come together that P4 and P5 couldn't match.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I played Persona 3 on pirated Dvd totaling back then 2 USD.

I probably finished the game between original and FES 4 times?

Paying my due by buying this now

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's definitely not just a smoothing filter, the textures have obvious marks of upscaling.
It's either AI (probably SRGAN) or some sort of batch edge-directed upscaling. It actually looks a lot like DCCI, which I use myself often.

Vorark

Erudite
The very minimum Atlus/Sega should have done is release FES and Portable in a single package and recommend the former to new players. Of course, that would require some effort instead of the usual hackjob... unless they managed to lose the source code to FES, which I wouldn't put past them.

deuxhero

Arcane
This is worse than it seems: P3P was made to have its textures filtered (the PSP has native texture filtering), and they still managed to fuck it up!

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Very lazy of them not to make a proper port that incorporates everything from Portable and FES into a single package with no compromises.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
It never fucking ends remakes and remaster until your head explodes.

we may bet on whether or not FES content will be skipped again
also if there's full party control then there should be full encounter rebalance :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom