Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Open Call for Reviews

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Crooked Bee review: https://twitter.com/felipepepe/status/544531953111031808

B46Q7IQIEAEyWT9.jpg:large

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
the sellout never tweeted MY reviews! :outrage:
Truth is, I rely on a fat-ass brazilian to take screenshots & do layouts, and that bastard still has to take some good images from Gothic and fidn a fucking dialog screenshot from E.Y.E. that can be read without magnifying lens... I'll make him work faster these holidays.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
So, I'm preparing a little X-mas gift:

B5KzeWEIUAAIxA9.jpg

Wish I could print in COLOR, but FFS, it costs a fucking fortune! At this point, I'd rather give my money to Gaben-sama. :3

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
My first thought was, "Hey, I haven't actually submitted the Wiz4 and LoT reviews yet!" But then I realized your took those from my LP/forum posts, as a sort of temporary thing. Fair enough :) It's my fault for being late with them anyway.

Anyway, the layout and chapters look really nice. Thanks for the preview
:thumbsup:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I thought you had seen then before Bee... I wouldn't publish them like that under your name without you seeing them first. :P

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I thought you had seen then before Bee... I wouldn't publish them like that under your name without you seeing them first. :P

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean it that way -- no problem at all, since you considered them good enough for a preview. I only meant I haven't submitted the final versions yet, and so had a bit of a cognitive dissonance. :P

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This is simply amazing. I will spread the word about it.

I missed my Alpha Brotocol review, but I guess nobody had the time to edit that mess yet. :P

purpleblob

Savant
Fantastic stuff :) I've flicked through a couple of reviews. Btw there are quite a few spelling mistakes - do you want me to send you picture versions highlighting those?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Fantastic stuff :) I've flicked through a couple of reviews. Btw there are quite a few spelling mistakes - do you want me to send you picture versions highlighting those?
If you have the time, it would help me a lot. I know that my intro is so baddly written is like I'm trying to prove that there will be tons of spelling mistakes. :lol:

I missed my Alpha Brotocol review, but I guess nobody had the time to edit that mess yet. :P[/spoiler]
What you mean? Your review is done, I've sent it to you already, no? I have over 100 reviews done and had to select just 36 for this preview, so I went for variety... thus stuff like Puzzle Quest, ME2 and animu games side-by-side with Moria, X-COM and Utlimas.

Oh god, that 2 page-spread Mass Effect 2 review :retarded:
Yeah, the ME trilogy is still something I'm working on... the review is somewhat fan-boyish, and I won't feature 2-page spreads for every game in the trilogy, so I need to change things... still unsure how.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I missed my Alpha Brotocol review, but I guess nobody had the time to edit that mess yet. :P[/spoiler]
What you mean? Your review is done, I've sent it to you already, no? I have over 100 reviews done and had to select just 36 for this preview, so I went for variety... thus stuff like Puzzle Quest, ME2 and animu games side-by-side with Moria, X-COM and Utlimas.
Sure, I just said that because someone in the editor thread that my review could use a lot of editing. And I thought that was thre reason why you haven't included it. But I see that you had to choose just a few to showcase them in the preview.

purpleblob

Savant
Yeah I will read the preview during Xmas break and will let you know, Felipepepe. Btw, I think ME2 review is too fan boyish. I loved ME2, but even fan girl like me don't agree with that review.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
6 days after release, and 10k downloads! :D

And yes, I'll tone down that ME2 review. Probably even turn it into a 1-page review. That's what I get from recruiting at BioWare's forums... heh.

norolim

Arcane
Alright, alright... I'm writing this fucking IWD2 review right now, FFS. Stop giving me that disapproving look felipepepe !

Great preview, btw.

EDIT: Review is ready. I'll give it another pass tomorrow and then it's yours.

EDIT 2: I don't like it. Needs a rewrite. Not sure if I'll manage today, as I'm down with a flu :(

Last edited:
Second draft of my review was finally send. Now we can all enjoy Princess Maker, a game for the malest of male!
:australia:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Wow, you guys made good progress in the last few months. Last time I checked, 61% or the reviews were assigned, but now you are at 81%. You are in the final straight. :D It is a little strange that nobody volunteired for Might and Magic VI and Wasteland 2 though.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
A guy actually volunteered for M&M VI, I just didn't reply his e-mail yet and updated the sheet yet. Still unpacking, doing supermarket, codex goty and stuffies :3

APGunner

Augur
Just saw that review of the game Evil Islands will be included in the book.
It's a GREAT game, the dialogues with NPCs are quite humorous, the setting of first "island" is very atmospheric, music in second "island" is simply amazing. But the most important part is the gameplay! The game is kind of a party-based RTwP stealth RPG, quite tactical actually(stuff like simultaneous backstabs out of stealth, pickpocketing, distracting guards is pretty much required).

Fun fact: when the game was first released it had no difficulty settings and a lot of players found the game so hard that they couldn't even beat it. Developers were forced to patch in EASY difficulty into the game fairly soon. But at the time I didn't have internet, so I had no idea about the whole difficulty thing. Beaten the game on original difficulty as a kid and LOVED it. Still replay it from time to time.

I wish you luck with the book, felipepepe. Hope the game gets a deserving review.

PS
If the review is ready, can you post it?(I've missed it).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom