Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Open Call for Reviews

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Iz writing. Would appreciate if someone could source me some old magazine reviews for Knights of Xentar or any MegaTech release really (Powerdolls, Steel and Lace, Cobra Mission) for reference. To refresh my memory on what the reception back in the day was.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Oh man, I had forgotten what an absolute shitbucket PC Zone was... Game journalism...

PC_zone_space_sirens.png

Thanks none the less Zed!

Murk

Arcane
I got the Kult one written up -- gonna take the rest of the weekend off (work to do for the coming week) and then review/edit it. I'll have the finished draft to you in a week felipepepe .

Murk

Arcane
My initial draft for Kult was over 9,000 characters (joke here) and I'm condensing it down. It's a bit trickier than I thought.

felipepepe I'm at a bit of a junction where I can either cut out stuff that is more factual review (explanation of aspects of the game) or I can cut out stuff that is more subjective (me gushing over it).

So, let me ask this. Are these entries supposed to be subjective and fanboyish (within reasonable limits, of course) or are they supposed to read like an informative and unbiased review?

I am thinking it is more of the former, and so I will work on making a new draft that cuts out talk about mechanics and focus more on the experience of the game and what novel or interesting things it did.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Mikayel , you could send me your draft and we debate / edit over it. :P

Answering your question, the most important thing is that a reader that never heard about the gamer understand how it plays and why it's an interesting title. Tim Cain's review of Star Control II is a great example, as he manages to describe the game, profess his love and talk about the legacy & influence it had:

LkiTnvt.jpg

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
so you are making clickbait list articles now huh
working hard for that place at kotaku
You think that Totilo-senpai will notice me? :3

felipepepe said:
Why there are no super-hero RPGs?
No love for Superhero League of Hoboken?
It will be on the book, with a review from Johnny L. Wilson even, but really, it's an exception to prove the rule. And it's more a parody than a real super-hero game... your main character has organizational flowcharts as a super-power, FFS. :P

zwanzig_zwoelf

Giving up on my Summoner review, too busy to form anything but a complete mess.
Krraloth, take my place ASAP.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Every time a reviewer gives up, a brazilian child youth dude must whore himself to gaming media and corporate demons. Stop Pepe's prostitution, deliver your reviews.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
so you are making clickbait list articles now huh

working hard for that place at kotaku

Clickbait for RPGCodex. There were plenty of mentions for the community, with verbiage such as "the Codex isn’t the sanest of places" making the uninitiated so very tempted to click the hyperlink and see what all the fuss is about.

A brofist for mentioning Newcomer. I still have hopes that one may get revived one day.

:bro:

And I'm trying to beat ADOM for your review, but I'm on my 20th gnome elementalist death, 10th troll healer death and 5th orc archer death. Death... death everywhere...

:negative:

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Every time a reviewer gives up, a brazilian child youth dude must whore himself to gaming media and corporate demons. Stop Pepe's prostitution, deliver your reviews.
I can still consult whoever is going to write a review about the lore, gameplay and shits.
Unless I get some free time at work, don't count on it from me.

norolim

Arcane
I'm in the 6th chapter of IWD2. I'm hoping to finish it this weekend, which means I'll finally write my review. You should have it by the end of next week felipepepe

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
You can send me it whatever way you want. I've edited countless videos based on stuff clients would send in powerpoint presentations or even fucking DAT tapes. My PC is ready.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Nice. As I've been writing the UFO/X-Com one in the latest Word.

You can thank Alizee for this sudden surge of motivation.

EDIT: UFO/X-Com review sent in.

Not sure when I'll have time to write about NWN2 so if you someone else willing to do that, maybe poke them. Or prod me later.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom