Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian working on a new mysterious game

Nael

Arcane
Freelance Henchman said:
Please let this be an Alpha Protocol style sneaky shooter set in the Mass Effect universe.

20090916_fingers_crossed.jpg

Only Shepard can Shepard in the Shepard Universe. Get fucked, little girl.

Arcanoix

Scholar
Morgoth said:
Obsidian has only 110-120 people, I don't think they can handle 4-5 projects, unless Über-Menschen are working there.

95-105 I believe. And with roughly 3 or 4 games in development that's stretching their manpower.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Arcanoix said:
Morgoth said:
Obsidian has only 110-120 people, I don't think they can handle 4-5 projects, unless Über-Menschen are working there.

95-105 I believe. And with roughly 3 or 4 games in development that's stretching their manpower.

Wait can that actually be?

Around 2008 they had around 135 employees. Then there were layoffs but they have been rehiring since.

Shannow

Waster of Time
The only thing that could get me hyped would be the planescape or Malazan setting, the dark eye character development and a mixture of JA2 and ToEE combat as a minimum and as bonus destructable environments, open world(s) with a working economy and political/power structures, the 2011 version of ToEE graphics, etc.

Since it'll be probably closer to Alpha(version) Brotocol, I don't really give a fuck (until actual information is released).

Project: Eternity
Nael said:
Only Shepard can Shepard in the Shepard Universe. Get fucked, little girl.

But, this could star Garrus during his time on Omega! It would be called:

Mass Effect: Archangel

A grim tale of vigilantes doing what needs to be done to clean out the galaxy's worst ghetto, paying back brutal criminals with their own coin and taking their ill-gotten gains to further the fight! It would be like grimdark Robin Hood in space, with Deus Ex-style stealth gameplay in vast, convoluted levels full of environmental dangers that model the ancient space station, with surprises on every corner. Make use of every skill in ex-CSEC detective Garrus' arsenal, like hacking, sniping and psychological warfare! Although we know that things end badly for Garrus, YOU decide what the price he and his men pay will buy for the downtrodden victims of Omega. A true film noir set in the futuristic Mass Effect universe!

Coming soon, exclusive on PC, written by industry legend Chris Avellone!

archangel__guardian_of_omega_by_rk87.jpg

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Shannow said:
The only thing that could get me hyped would be the planescape or Malazan setting, the dark eye character development and a mixture of JA2 and ToEE combat as a minimum and as bonus destructable environments, open world(s) with a working economy and political/power structures, the 2011 version of ToEE graphics, etc.
That gave me a boner :M

still, as an obsifag, I'm stoked. MCA can do no bad

circ

Arcane
That would give me a boner if it were for real. Anyway, fuck Garrus. If it starred fishguy from ME2 I would give it a shot. Well, youtube shot atleast seeing how it's going to be a bugvalley inane camera game. No wait. FULL STOP. MIRANDA ASS LAWSON. YEAH. I'D BE ON THAT LIKE DICK ON CANNED TUNA.

Regdar

Arcane
Got my hopes up. Fuck. :x

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom