Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian working on a new mysterious game

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Turisas said:
Jools said:
V, as in "Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines 2".

Sorry, just writing that gave me such a boner that I'll be busy masturbating for the next 12-13 seconds at least.

Nah, next Vampire game will be that MMO by CCP. :smug:

Omg I had forgot about that! Recalling it calls for a celebration wank. A tasteful one, for that matter.

Too bad it's going to be a bloody mmo (men masturbate online?).

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
It pretty clearly says "small internal project" - highly doubt a full scale game could be classified as such.

Pegultagol

Erudite
Delaware - KOTOR II
Pennsylvania - NWN2
New Jersey - NWN2 MOTB
Georgia - NWN2 SOZ
Connecticut - Aliens?
Massachusetts - Alpha Protocol
Maryland - Fallout NV
South Carolina - Dungeon Siege 3?
New Hampshire - Wheel of Time?
Virginia - "Project Virginia"

:M

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Pegultagol said:
Delaware - KOTOR II
Pennsylvania - NWN2
New Jersey - NWN2 MOTB
Georgia - NWN2 SOZ
Connecticut - Aliens?
Maryland - Fallout NV

I feel ashamed that Pennsylvania is to be associated with that piece of shit, NWN2.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Seolas said:
Alpha Protocol 2

I'm about the only one who wants it

Nope....me too.

Virginia is the home of the CIA...CIA...espionage...THE ESPIONAGE RPG......can only be ALPHA PROTOCOL II!

Said it elsewhere, but fuck if you're gonna post the same story everywhere, I'll reply everywhere.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
They pick the name of the states in order they were formed. The state name has no relevance on the title they are working on. Other wise, Mask of the Betrayer would have sucked. ;)

Roguey said:
It's a Facebook MMO. Feargus Urquhart's twitter:
Watching HD Music videos and writing up some design on a new game. Facebook, MMOs and Story Based RPGs - can they be connected?
Obsidian signs with DDM Talent Angency:
“We are excited to have DDM as a partner, to not only help us succeed in the business of making games, but also to help us move toward new opportunities in the free-to-play, downloadable and MMO spaces as well as the epic RPGs for current and future generation consoles we are known for developing," said Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart.
Plus the project director is Zane Lyon, who made the interface for Alpha Protocol. Sounds perfect for a Facebook MMO with a small team.

Would be sensible. Obsidian isn't a zero-flop company where legions of fans will buy a game even if it is awful (unlike Bioware/Bethesda), and so they badly need another income stream or two for stability. Carving off a small group to work on money-crunching facebook games or mobile phone games would be a pretty good way to do that without greatly slowing production of crpgs.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Jaesun said:
They pick the name of the states in order they were formed. The state name has no relevance on the title they are working on. Other wise, Mask of the Betrayer would have sucked. ;)

iceburn.gif

In any case, I need to play and finish MotB sometimes, but I just can't get myself to play it without going through the lame OC.
Maybe I'll do it after I'm done with Icewind Dale.

bhlaab

Erudite
wow this is amazing news a developer working on an unannounced game?? i thought they were going to release dungeon siege 3 and just stop

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Jools said:
Omg I had forgot about that! Recalling it calls for a celebration wank. A tasteful one, for that matter.

Too bad it's going to be a bloody mmo (men masturbate online?).

Yeah I'm kind of cautiously optimistic despite it being an MMO, since CCP has been one of the few devs to make their own kind of game instead of just (poorly) copying WoW. Hopefully the game will be as punishing and unforgiving as EVE can be, so the Twilight faggots will get the fuck out soon after release.

Nael

Arcane
Lockkaliber said:
From the description on his resume it sounds like a small project so it's probably a facebook game. blargh.

Agreed. Plus it says 2011 release. I think we would've heard something about whatever it is if it were a "Big Deal (tm)."

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
A facebook MMO seems like an odd choice for a mainstream RPG developer, but it doesn't really surprise me because I'm pretty sure business types in the game industry orgasm with delight whenever they think about shit like Farmville.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
commie said:
Nope....me too.
Add me to the list.

An Alpha Protocol sequel/spinoff/game set in the same setting that eliminated the annoying minigames, had the C&C affect the story more directly and refined the stealth mechanism would be :bounce:

Sadly, it's probably that Facebook MMO. :(

Esquilax

Arcane
Hobo Elf said:
In any case, I need to play and finish MotB sometimes, but I just can't get myself to play it without going through the lame OC.

Really, it's quite easy. See, you take the MotB disk, you put it in. You will be greeted with the awesome Betrayer's Theme when the main menu starts. Take a second or two to enjoy it. Done? Okay. Next, you'll want to click on "New Game", after which the game loads up and you're put in a big room and right away you're at Level 18. How about that? Then, after you're done leveling, you saunter on out of that room and you'll hear the voice of Squidward from SpongeBob Squarepants for a minute, sounding significantly more badass than you remembered. That marks the beginning of MotB.

Hope that helps.

I hated NWN2, so I simply don't bother with it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
circ said:
EVE punishing? You mean, leaving EVE running all night with a weight on a key is punishing something other than a keyboard?
And what key would that be?

Radisshu

Prophet
Jools said:
V, as in "Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines 2".

Sorry, just writing that gave me such a boner that I'll be busy masturbating for the next 12-13 seconds at least.

If this happened... if.... if....

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Xor said:
A facebook MMO seems like an odd choice for a mainstream RPG developer, but it doesn't really surprise me because I'm pretty sure business types in the game industry orgasm with delight whenever they think about shit like Farmville.

As long as it's not another retarded mafia wars clone (like 99% of facebook rpgs) I'll give it a try.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
torpid said:
Has someone said "it's a facebook game, but since it's Obsidian it'll be awesome" yet?
You know, I hate facebook games and MMO-s, but since this game is made by Obsidian, it will be awesome. I will try it. :)

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Esquilax said:
Hobo Elf said:

Really, it's quite easy. See, you take the MotB disk, you put it in. You will be greeted with the awesome Betrayer's Theme when the main menu starts. Take a second or two to enjoy it. Done? Okay. Next, you'll want to click on "New Game", after which the game loads up and you're put in a big room and right away you're at Level 18. How about that? Then, after you're done leveling, you saunter on out of that room and you'll hear the voice of Squidward from SpongeBob Squarepants for a minute, sounding significantly more badass than you remembered. That marks the beginning of MotB.

Hope that helps.

I hated NWN2, so I simply don't bother with it.

I know you are scaled to level in MotB's beginning, but that's just the problem.
First of all, I'm not a fan of high level D&D gameplay.
Secondly, even if I was to play as a high level D&D character I'd rather level myself up instead of getting myself auto leveled to 18 and start whisking meteor showers left and right right off the bat. Just aint fun, mang.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Pegultagol said:
Delaware - KOTOR II
Pennsylvania - NWN2
New Jersey - NWN2 MOTB
Georgia - NWN2 SOZ
Connecticut - Aliens?
Maryland - Fallout NV

Wrong!

Originally posted by funcroc
- 6 shipped titles: KotOR2 (Delaware), NWN2 (Pennsylvania), MotB (Massachusetts), SoZ, AP (Georgia), FNV
- 1 title in development: DS3
- 2 cancelled titles: Seven Dwarves (New Jersey), Aliens: Crucible (Connecticut)

The one Annie mentioned was Project New Jersey aka. Seven Dwarves

It had dwarves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom