Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

profreshinal

Arcane
treave could you fill out the list with the names of their "best of the young disciples"?

Shaolin Temple:

Wudang Sect:

Emei Sect:

Kunlun Sect:

Huashan Sect:

Taishan Sect:

Qingcheng Sect:

Beggars' Sect:

Rex Feral

Prophet
I'll go with B, although we're strong, I don't know if we can beat them all, in a fair fight.

Difficulty wise, seems this is the order A<B<D<C.

With A we are going to fight only him. How powerful is he, remains to be seen, though I think we can defeat him rather easily.

With B we will be fighting seven guys in a formation of their choosing, which seems to be tougher.

With C we fight both, now, this seems like the choice with the highest probability of getting our ass kicked, though it is one step forward toward completing Zhang's Challenge, and would certainly be the Zhang Choice.

With D we fight both, though denying them any advantage, seems more likely to succed than C in any case, though less likely than A or B, and will give us lots of unorthodox points.

B>D>A>C

I'm going with B since I know most of you guys won't vote it and the flop will make my vote a D and because B is one step forward to completing Zhang's Challenge and comes with less of a reputation loss.

D

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave could you fill out the list with the names of their "best of the young disciples"?

Shaolin Temple:

Wudang Sect:

Emei Sect:

Kunlun Sect:

Huashan Sect:

Taishan Sect:

Qingcheng Sect:

Beggars' Sect:

The ones that you know of?

Shaolin - Xuzhan, Xuzheng, Xuzhu
Wudang - Wu Brothers, Guo Fu
Emei - Yifang, Yiling
Kunlun - Su Liaojing
Huashan - Bai Jiutian, Twin Flowers
Taishan - Seven Youths
Qingcheng - Song Lingshu
Beggars - unknown

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The Fire Cultists under attack consist of a group of twelve nubile maidens; somehow Cao’er had neglected to mention that particular point to you when recounting her observations.
I think we'd better not hand over the LP to Lambchop19 just yet.

Wait, is it our karma that our choices turn out to be perverted regardless of our intentions? The Twin Flowers get swept off their feet in A, Bai Jiutian turns into a girl in B, and the cultists turn out to be beautiful maidens in D. I am almost curious to find out what would happen if we had gone with C, but some saner part of my mind tells me to let it slide.

“Hold on, how grateful would you be if I helped you out instead?” you grin, turning back to the female Taishan disciple.
So much troll. So Jing.
:love:

Hmm, the stories the disciple give do not match:
“These are evil cultists that ambushed and murdered our noble masters"
“The cultists poisoned the masters of the Eight Sects and then brought down the cliff as a means to sabotage the tournament."
Not to mention that that's a lot of bullshit:
treave said:
At the Huashan Summit, if you fall that easily to poisons and tricks you aren't much of a fighter in the first place. The most powerful exponents have enough mastery of their qi to gain a high level of immunity to poisons as well as detect their presence in things like water, food or wine.
It seems awfully like a rumor spread among the more impressionable younger folk. But who did this, and for what purpose? A massacre does not really benefits the Eight Sects, and certainly not the Cult. So is it done by someone else trying to diminish their influence?

Something to note - we just took out 10% of orthodox forces single-handedly, and are about to add another 5% to the list. Not bad.

If we rank our opponents, it seems to go along these lines:
Vahista > Bai Jiutian > Jing = Guo Fu = Yunzi = 2 Huashan Twins = 3 Wu Brothers =(?) 7 Taishan Youths > Muron Yandi =(?) Best Kunlun Disciple > 4 Taishan Youths.

If that is about right, fighting the disciples from both schools fairly puts is in an undesireable position. Myself, I am tempted to go B, because D is likely to result in casualties, and I'd rather not help the Fire Cult too much.

treave, is D within the confines of our challenge? It implies that it is not going to be a fair fight, but how fair a fight needs to be to satisfy Zhang Jue?

Well, if a freaking assassination of Song Lingshu while she was sleeping would qualify for the challenge, then why the hell wouldn't this? If they are stupid enough to lower their guard like that to us, that's their problem.

Baltika9

Arcane
The Fire Cultists under attack consist of a group of twelve nubile maidens; somehow Cao’er had neglected to mention that particular point to you when recounting her observations.
This wasn't part of the deal, man, this was supposed to be the homo option.
:rpgcodex:

As for the choice, we really must impress Shagguan enough that he will step in on our side and not theirs. Maybe skipping out is for the best?

Nevill

Arcane
Good point about Shagguan. The swordsman does not kill, and he would not appreciate the slaughter of orthodox pupils. Hell, he does not appreciate the massacre of the cultists.

I think I'll go B with this one. This is impressive enough, and it does not make him side against us.

Flopped to D.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Zhang Jue shouldn't have anything against D, but it'll definitely sink your reputation with Taishan and Kunlun a lot more than the other choices do.

treave, what skills would a sneak attack utilize? Stealth+SoH?

What sneak attack? They're standing right in front of you. You charge them at full speed.

Good point about Shagguan. The swordsman does not kill, and he would not appreciate the slaughter of orthodox pupils. Hell, he does not appreciate the massacre of the cultists.
Who said anything about killing them and why would that be more likely in any particular choice? Regardless of what we choose we are going to have to disable them anyway.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Well this is a real fight, and the sooner we beat them the sooner we can go help/save/challenge somebody else.

Nevill

Arcane
D seems like a lazy way out, beating someone with a trick where you could not do it in a fair fight, demonstrating your 'superiority' without actually becoming better.

Zero Credibility said:
Who said anything about killing them and why would that be more likely in any particular choice?
You held out against regular disciples, and still heavily wounded them.
Here you will not - can not afford, actually - to pull your punches, and your goal is to disable as many as you can as fast as you can. If they have to die, so be it. That is how I see the choice.
They are not Guo Fu, individually, they are weak, which means that there might be casualties if you go all-out.

Rex Feral said:
Well this is a real fight
Yes, there is that. Their well-being will not be your priority.
As Baltika9 said, you might want to consider the fact that there is a sword master currently looking at you.

OK, but why is that more likely to happen in D then in B? Or is our goal in B to not disable them as quickly as possible?

Baltika9

Arcane
Who said anything about killing them and why would that be more likely in any particular choice? Regardless of what we choose we are going to have to disable them anyway.
Well, Shagguan has this whole "who is worthy of my help" moralfaggotry going on (I think that's his excuse to not do shit). If we act like too much of a dick, he'll either let Yandi loose on us, or come after us himself and that we cannot afford.

Though I suppose, since the fight is inevitable either way, it might not matter this much. And then there's the definite Unorthodox points bonus.

Hmmm.

Nevill

Arcane
OK, but why is that more likely to happen in D then in B? Or is our goal in B to not disable them as quickly as possible?
You can't be serious.
You are not here for a fair fight. You make a surprise attack, trying to catch the Taishan disciples off guard and disabling as many of them as possible so that their seven-man formation cannot be performed at its full effectiveness.
You'll be disabling them while they can not muster a defense.

Besides, in D, you'll be fighting the enemy that is normally twice as strong as you. In B, you are attacking opponents that as a whole are of equal strengh with you. You don't have a luxury of controlling the damage in D, you just don't have enough resourses to do that and still win the fight.

Baltika9

Arcane
But the text for D specifically states, "you disable as many as you can." And the surprise assault is there to even the playing field in the first place. If they die, it's moar blood for the Blood God and Zhang Jue, his prophet.

Nevill

Arcane
Your point being? Mine is that surprise attack + intent to disable opponents at any cost + Jing's techniques = high probability of lethal damage.

Unorthodox points are good, but we are in the middle of a battle, and there may be other variables to consider.

I don't know, Kunlun disciple does not sound too important to me. If Yunzi could best him, we can, too. I'd rather try myself against Taishan guys as a team.

Then again, maybe we just don't have time for them all. Our girls seem to have started with the Operation: Maiden Capture without us.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Your point being? Mine is that surprise attack + intent to disable opponents at any cost + Jing's techniques = high probability of lethal damage.
I don't necessarily see it that way, if anything, the surprise attack will make it easier for us to disable as many of them as possible before they can react.
And the thought of troll-Jing suddenly lashing out with a yell of "You're boring me!" is pretty awesome too. Hmmm.

You can't be serious.
You are not here for a fair fight. You make a surprise attack, trying to catch the Taishan disciples off guard and disabling as many of them as possible so that their seven-man formation cannot be performed at its full effectiveness.
You'll be disabling them while they can not muster a defense.

Besides, in D, you'll be fighting the enemy that is normally twice as strong as you. In B, you are attacking opponents that as a whole are of equal strengh with you. You don't have a luxury of controlling the damage in D, you just don't have enough resourses to do that and still win the fight.
Nope, doing this the "fair" way is just as risky to them because we will not have the luxury of holding anything back if they come at us in full force. It doesn't matter one fucking bit if we strike first - this is still going to end with them (or us) going down hard. So they might be seriously injured is not a good enough reason for me to throw away our advantage. There's fucking 8 of them, but striking first (openly!) after they have basically said they are going to fuck us up is unfair to them?

I'm also worried about how much time we can waste on these clowns while other fights are going on. This was supposed to be a strike and move operation and now we could be stuck duelling them all for who knows how long. And let's not forget that these assholes see nothing wrong with a group of their elders tearing a bunch of frightened girls apart. They've lost all moral ground as far as I'm concerned.

Baltika9

Arcane
Zero Cred sold me on this, fuck these guys. This is war, the fuck did they expect?
D.

Last edited:

Rex Feral

Prophet
Well since the 7 kids classify as the ones we need to beat for Zhang's Challenge I'll change my vote from A to B. But I might decide to flop to D, since this is a battle and every moment brings more casualties, just standing here dueling them one by one seems stupid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom