Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
The cult has been running and the orthodoxes have been chasing. No one can fight for a day straight, except LORD Zhang who can do anything.

The battle is pretty recent, dude, and Vahista and BJ are no pussies, they are individually stronger than us.

Absinthe

Arcane
Well, this is a Wuxia story, so "no one can fight for a day straight" doesn't exactly apply here, but even if they haven't been fighting for a day straight, that certainly doesn't mean they haven't been busy and/or skirmishing. At any rate, I am positive they are far from their best condition by now.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I'm sticking with A3A (aka "Operation Maiden Capture") because I think it's our best bet of stopping the violence and because it's probably the most awesomely named choice in the history of the lp. Honestly, how can any self respecting male rather fight with either two guys or a whole bunch of guys?
You bros and your homo tendencies will be the death of Jing...again.:x

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, this is a Wuxia story, so "no one can fight for a day straight" doesn't exactly apply here, but even if they haven't been fighting for a day straight, that certainly doesn't mean they haven't been busy and/or skirmishing. At any rate, I am positive they are far from their best condition by now.
Still doesn't change the fact that they're plain better than us, and the fact that the Cult won't evacuate without Yunzi. Really, what's the purpose of stopping Vahista from pulling her out of the fire in B3?

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm sticking with A3A (aka "Operation Maiden Capture") because I think it's our best bet of stopping the violence and because it's probably the most awesomely named choice in the history of the lp. Honestly, how can any self respecting male rather fight with either two guys or a whole bunch of guys?
You bros and your homo tendencies will be the death of Jing...again.:x
We are preparing our mind and body for LORD Zhang Jue.
:salute:

Absinthe

Arcane
Still doesn't change the fact that they're plain better than us, and the fact that the Cult won't evacuate without Yunzi.
Actually, I believe it does. When they're in a weakened condition and their attention is divided (us, allies on the battlefield, the other guy in the 3way), we have a great deal of opportunity to take advantage (misdirection, openings, etc.) and beat them down. Plus, Jing's Wuying Leipo kick technique is at master level right now (plus, again, he has all his other combat improvements) so I do think we have a pretty good shot at this.

Really, what's the purpose of stopping Vahista from pulling her out of the fire in B3?
Mostly that they won't go murder Guo Fu. A solid blow of Fire Temple qi ends his neigong, and then it's GG for him.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Guo Fu is a tough fucker, it'll take more than a hit to kill him. All they need to do os move him. In short, I don't see Bro Fu going down like a bitch.

Absinthe

Arcane
If it happens like this, then we wouldn't have to worry about Jing's wild-card entrance making a disaster out of things, which means B3 is a quite viable choice.

Baltika9

Arcane
So, you're telling me that Vahista is too tired to fight with Jing but not tired enough to kill Bro Fu with just one punch? The same Bro Fu with almost infinite endurance?

Absinthe

Arcane
That's not quite what I'm saying. I'm saying Vahista is too worn and unfocused to win against Jing. Not that he is too worn to manage a fight. And Bro Fu is weak against qi attacks (it disrupts his neigong), which is a specialty of the fire temple. Xu Jing, on the other hand, is quite resilient against these things and quite evasive. Also Guo Fu, despite this crazy endurance, has also been fending off 50 cultists with their qi strikes (before you make a point of this, I think we both agree Vahista and Yunzi are on another level), so he is more vulnerable than usual by now.

Guo Fu was estimated to be better at enduring the fiery neigong than Jing.
Xu Jing learned qi absorption now and Guo Fu is also getting worn. And while Guo Fu might endure the fiery neigong, I don't think he can maintain his own neigong while doing so.

Kipeci

Arcane
The fire qi is engulfed by strong neigong, it's weak neigong folks who get burned by it and Guo Fu isn't one of those people. Guo Fu is like a firm mountain even without the use of his neigong, as we found out during the tournament.

Anyway, say he does attack Guo Fu. What exactly prevents us from flopping to fight against Vahista for our bro the moment that happens?

Baltika9

Arcane
Of which we have no proof or knowledge. Just that he is holding off fifty dudes. Suffice to say, I don't see D2A leading to his death just by itself, we're not freeing either Yunzi or Vahista from their fights just yet, all we're doing is saving kids and knocking Kunlun and Taishan out of the fight, which improves the Cult's chances of survival just by itself.

On the other hand, if we tie down Vahista and he can't save Yunzi, then the Cult will just die here. B3A is relying on Shagguan to step in and we have absolutely zero guarantee that he will do that, and even less guarantee that he will do exactly what we want him to do.

And, yeah, if Vahista isn't in good enough shape to deal with Jing, he isn't in good enough shape to one-hit kill THE Guo Fu. BJ is inferior to him and is just holding him down, Vahista is currently gaining the upper hand, so he's definitely less tired than his opponent.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
All, right. I'm ready to move on. I'm flopping to D2B. That's my preference. The rest of you can sort out what is actually going to happen.

Ganymede

Learned
Bai Jiutan really is a stupid cunt after all. Why are these ungrateful juniors all killing one another instead of digging out their fallen masters?

Yunzi is the reason we came down here. She's in an all out battle on the verge of becoming a massacre, not some gaudy HONORABRU jiangu exhibition. Who gives a shit about reputations or Zhang Jue or whether interfering hurts her ego? She's a friend and she's in trouble. Same with Guo Fu of course, that's why we want the Sword Saint to take action.

A2A

Absinthe

Arcane
And, yeah, if Vahista isn't in good enough shape to deal with Jing, he isn't in good enough shape to one-hit kill THE Guo Fu. BJ is inferior to him and is just holding him down, Vahista is currently gaining the upper hand, so he's definitely less tired than his opponent.
Here's what you're ignoring: Guo Fu is also (relatively) worn-out, whereas Jing is in top condition. Also, Vahista's neigong will demolish Guo Fu's neigong. And if one blow won't do, Vahista can use two. You're also selling Jing short as if Vahista is far outside his league, which I don't quite believe.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Baltika9 - D2A
Azira - A3A
Smashing Axe - B3A > x3A
ERYFKRAD - C3A > x3A
Zero Credibility - D2A > D3A
Nevill - D2A
Esquilax - A3A
Rex Feral - D2A > A2A > A3A
Elfberserker - D2A > A3A
Jester - B3A
asxetos - B3A
Tribute - B3A > C1A
Anabanana - D2A > D3A > B3A
GreyViper - D3A
XenomorphII - B3A
Kipeci - D2A > B2A
TOME - D3A > D2A
ScubaV - D2A
Kashmir Slippers - C1A
Fangshi - A3A > B3A
Random Word - B3A
Absinthe - B3A
Lambchop19 - A3A
profreshinal - A3C
kazgar - C1B
Grimgravy - D2A
Tigranes - B3A
The Brazilian Slaughter - D2A
Ifeex - D3A
RealDDc - B3A
Ganymede - A2A

Current tally:

A2A - 1
A3A - 4
A3C - 1
B3A - 9
C1A - 1
C1B - 1
C3A - 1
D2A - 10
D3A - 3

Post-flop:

A2A - 1
A3A - 3
A3C - 1
B3A - 10
C1A - 1
C1B - 1
C3A - 1
D2A - 11
D2B - 1
D3A - 2

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Yunzi is the reason we came down here.
The reason Jing came, maybe. The codex is far too :codexisfor:to go anywhere for a girl. Look: here we have the perfect opportunity to increase our harem points with A3A ( Operation Maiden Capture ) and we're passing it up to fight some men for no good reason.

This is the same thing that lead to us getting killed:
treave: "Go with Yunzi or go meet Guo Fu?"
codex: "Guo Fu!"
treave: "Go try to meet with the hot nun who's into you or adventure with Bai, the handsome man-boy?"
codex: "Man-boy, man-boy!"
treave: "Kidnap the crime boss' hot daughter or throw a temper tantrum like a giant faggot?"
codex: "FAGGOT MODE ACTIVATE"
:M

Last edited by a moderator:

Tribute

Arbiter
If by "no reason" you mean "not getting our head ripped clean off our shoulders" then sure.

Jing also isn't exactly straight as an arrow either.

Jester

Arbiter
Yunzi is the reason we came down here.
The reason Jing came, maybe. The codex is far too :codexisfor:to go anywhere for a girl. Look: here we have the perfect opportunity to increase our harem points with A3A ( Operation Maiden Capture ) and we're passing it up to fight some men for no good reason.

This is the same thing that lead to us getting killed:
treave: "Go with Yunzi or go meet Guo Fu?"
codex: "Guo Fu!"
treave: "Go try to meet with the hot nun who's into you or adventure with Bai, the handsome man-boy?"
codex: "Man-boy, man-boy!"
treave: "Kidnap the crime boss' hot daughter or throw a temper tantrum like a giant faggot?"
codex: "FAGGOT MODE ACTIVATE"
:M

Yeah not my fault voting didnt go my way that time.
Treave was talking about BJ sexchange points with B so its most harem of harem choices. Carving new patch. :D

I am more concerned that there are so many votes to take on 50 or so dudes instead. Gang wang i guess, hope it is preparation for ZJ. :oops:
Every other possible interpretation of this is insulting to our dashing one eyed unorthodox kick ass hetero-bigamist title.

Tribute

Arbiter
If we want to maximize BJ sexchange points we'd help BJ beat Vahishta, but that option's never going to win, mostly because we don't actually want him (her?) winning.

Kipeci

Arcane
He said that those points would only happen if we fought on BJ's side, didn't he?

Anyway, that comes at the cost of alienating Yunzi, so that's not an option to me. Although I guess B3A is a great way to get killed and haunt BJ.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom