Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And the thought of troll-Jing suddenly lashing out with a yell of "You're boring me!" is pretty awesome too. Hmmm.
This brings back memories:
A burly pugilist steps in front of you, appearing to be confident in his strength. “I will be the first and only one to meet your challenge. My name is Mo Mindian, of –“ You cut his introduction short with a swift blow to his belly, felling him in a single blow. Blood trickles from his lips and his eyes have rolled up in his head, though the man still breathes. Drawing a deep breath, you shout your challenge cheerfully above the roar of the waves: “Enough words! There are one hundred and twenty two… twenty one of you, and if I am to listen to your long winded introductions it will be dawn before I have finished with you. Now, come at me!”
Maybe we really need to be done with them quickly. I am interested in what our girls are planning.

Baltika9

Arcane
“Strange, I thought you would have gone for the fire girl from the start,” quips Qilin. “What’s the matter, getting shy?”

“She can handle herself,” you say.”I need to warm up on some orthodox prigs first.”

“Such trust! I’m jealous.” Qilin laughs, and moves closer to Cao’er. “Are we still going with that plan to reel in Number Three? I mean, I thought our darling here was going after her first, so…”

You seem to be hearing something disturbing talk. “Wait. What are you talking about? What Number Three?” Qilin only gives you a smirk, her arm around Cao’er’s shoulder. “…it’s between us girls. You don’t need to concern yourself with it. Go… you have a fight to win…” says Cao’er calmly, pointing ahead of you. She has become a lot more assertive with you lately, though you think it is warranted, given the amount of stress you put her through in the past month. Sighing, you shake your head. “Don’t do anything stupid.”
Number Three.
Reel in.
Shy Jing.
Between them girls.
Don't need to worry about it.
Assertive Cao'er.

Dis gon b gud.
:avatard:

Nevill

Arcane
Cao'er really wants something special for her first time, doesn't she? :lol:

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sorry, I know it's not right for me to say this, but I can't resist pointing it out...

Concerned about ending the battle quickly.

Same guys previously voted for the choice with the least impact on immediately changing the battlefield.

:lol:

And the girls are not going to do anything if you are not there. They needed you to be the bait.

Nevill

Arcane
treave said:
Previously voted for the choice with the least impact on immediately changing the battlefield.
None of the other choices would have helped the girls we are protecting right now. Even if the battle were stopped, half of them would be goners. We arrived just in the nick of time.

The other situations could wait, this couldn't.

I don't see a contradiction.

treave said:
And the girls are not going to do anything if you are not there. They needed you to be the bait.
So where did they go? Or are they waiting until we mow down the hostiles to come down here?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
This isn't the only place where people are dying.

Can't save them all, so the fastest way to save the most amount of people was to disrupt the flow of the battle itself.

Baltika9

Arcane
Sorry, I know it's not right for me to say this, but I can't resist pointing it out...

Concerned about ending the battle quickly.

Same guys previously voted for the choice with the least impact on immediately changing the battlefield.

:lol:
The plan was to knock out the Kunlun and Taishan out of the fight (accomplished), save the kids* (accomplished) and the move our happy ass to the next location. The fact that we are knocking out the Champions of those two sects right now is a huge bonus. Also, as Nevill pointed out, we are disposing of about 10-12% of the enemy force in one fell swoop. That's pretty good.

*What happened here, man? This was supposed to be Full Homo, saving a bunch of dudes from another bunch of dudes and then fighting more dudes.
Well, that settles it. We really are in a rush.

Nevill

Arcane
Well, this was the choice where it was most obvious that our intervention was needed, and that it would do more good than harm.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Which is an admirable position to take and increases Jing's moral character, but doesn't really have anything to do with ending the battle quickly.

As for the girls, you don't know where they are. Hiding and preparing, most likely. They might come to assist you after you best this set of enemies.

Baltika9

Arcane
Wait, treave, this Su Liaojing of Kunlun has bested everyone but Yunzi. Does that include Guo Fu?

Also, Kunlun focus primarily on herbalism, pressure points and staves/unarmed, right?

Yeah, this seemed like the choice where people were getting killed right now and the fight would be over soon. And once the orthodox crowd finished their little massacre they could help in other fights as well. Anyway, who else is dying? Is Guo Fu killing the cultists or down himself? Or is Yunzi killing the twins (or the other way around)? No, wait please tell me it's BJ or Vahista getting killed.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
*What happened here, man? This was supposed to be Full Homo, saving a bunch of dudes from another bunch of dudes and then fighting more dudes.

Someone used his

Rance said:
ranceC.png
BANKAI!

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
A seems the best for completing Zhang's challenge, in that it specifies that this guy is the best young fighter of his sect and it's a fair fight. We can probably take him down fairly quickly. C is extra Jing, but it'll probably take longer, and we do want to try to ensure minimal deaths.

I don't like D. Don't really want to destroy our reputation with these two sects, especially after how bro Song Lingshu turned out to be. It's not like these guys are Huashan.

Nevill

Arcane
Which is an admirable position to take and increases Jing's moral character, but doesn't really have anything to do with ending the battle quickly.
We were talking about ending the current fight quickly to be able to react to the situation on the battlefield better. We did not say anything about ending the battle.

If we take the disciples on one after another, we might miss something important. Now that we have committed ourselves to a certain choice that does not end the battle immediately, it is extremely important to react to the changes in its flow in time.

Of course, since I have no idea what happens next, this might be absolutely irrelevant.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Let's get heroically wounded, shall we? Since you guys didn't want to go straight to Yunzi, let's try and get this done with quickly.
I'll even stoop to preferential voting. I want Jing to be somewhat honorable, so here are my preferences:

C>D

Baltika9

Arcane
Neither of them are Song Lingshu's sect, both these sects are friends of Huehueshan and LORD Zhang approves of D.

Baltika9

Arcane
Douchebags that have zero problems sending twenty-something year olds to kill teenagers.
And friends of Huehueshan. Dunno which one is worse.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Of course, since I have no idea what happens next, this might be absolutely irrelevant.

If you meta-game, you will realize that there is no way I am letting you guys hop from one set of fights to another like you are Megaman selecting a stage. :lol:

That, and we're twelve-fucking-thousand posts in and I'm still mired in the setup phase. Gotta speed things up. :negative:

Baltika9

Arcane
This will take a few years. Hopefully we'll get to building our own Khaganate in 2015.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom