Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Mass Effect 3: Emotional Engagements

Wyrmlord

Arcane

Around 13:30, Shepard finds a log written somewhere. Why would he be reading someone's report in the middle of a battle? Why was the log even placed there?

Why does the game give you an urgent situation and then structure everything like there is no urgency? Just read a diary log in the middle of a Reaper battle, heh.

Why does the game give you an urgent situation and then structure everything like there is no urgency?
Yes, that would be quite different from every other Bioware game. Not sure why they'd do it here, considering the rest of ME3 is so well put together.
But if I were to guess, I'd say dongs. They explain everything.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Looking forward to getting home and see the citadel Fortress of Regrets. ;)

TNO

Augur
You would think millions of year old cyber machines of doom would have pretty badass EWS which would stop any targetted weapons, but I guess if you start thinking like that, where would it end?

lightbane

Arcane
I like how they don't bother explaining how does that magical beam stop the missiles. Anyways, prepare yourself RK, you're going to enter the dreaded "Maximum DERP" territory. From now on, expect the worse :M

RK47

Patron
I like how they don't bother explaining how does that magical beam stop the missiles. Anyways, prepare yourself RK, you're going to enter the dreaded "Maximum DERP" territory. From now on, expect the worse :M

585.jpg

Heading home in 1 hour... can't wait.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
The EC really made it less mindfucking. Can't recall the scene from the end of last video in the original game, this one with crashed transporter and the view of beam surroundings. It was just like 'How the fuck did I got there, why amI running down through this shit, what the hell just happened'.

AstralStorm

Educated
One reaper got destroyed by a few rockets. So why can't the reapers be beaten with conventional warfare again?
Note that it wiped out far too many people. Funny thing though, they could've wiped everything just with a blink anyway. It's theoretically possible, just not practically.
The main problems is that you get mnogo Reapers in the sky and if they really cared, they'd just cover one another in pairs destroying any zerg rush missile launchers. (Heck, a single one was almost successful in that.)
Stationary missile launchers were their prime target. (e.g. nuclear silos)

Killing a single is reasonable. Killing most of them? Very hard.

Logic in ME3? :troll:

(BONUS: There's a huge flaw in this argument. Find it.)

lightbane

Arcane
Once we arrive at the endings, someone should compare these/post videos with the regular endings (before the extended derp DLC) for maximum lulz.

RK47

Patron
I'm just very surprised. Not angry. Just very amused. It's very easy to make a decent ME ending that will please the majority of the mainstream fans and no one can fault them for it...but they had to try and be intellectual and ....pull off something that they can't achieve well. Why? Why do that? I don't understand it at all.

Even the writers of Binary Domain knew better than this.
And frankly, :neveraskedforthis: sums up my feelings perfectly.
Uploading the good parts (Err...to me. It's OK. It's fine. Has flaws..but OK) first.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron

Then you missed out on the true mass effect 3 experience :(

As for why the ending feels like it got written by someone else, its because it was. Lead producer Casey Hudson went ahead and wrote the ending solo (original mass effect writers were going for a completely different direction involving dark energy). Emphasis on solo, no supervision, no one else to doublecheck the guy because he is "incredibly intelligent" (actual words used by a bioware employee in a post on BSN).

Erebus

Arcane
Be sure to check the original endings on Youtube, RK. Their WTF charm is quite something.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
To save time, there's a version out there with all the endings playing side by side. That one will really engage your emotions

RK47

Patron

Second upload is queued...I'm heading to bed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom