Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Mass Effect 3: Emotional Engagements

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
You don't get it, man, the limping is immersive.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Poor Marauder. All he wanted was to stop you from witnessing the horrible ending. :(

He lived as Marauder Shields. He died as Marauder Health :salute:

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
:decline: at not picking "I love you" and initiating romantic scene whilst the battered remnants of the alliance threw themselves at Harbinger dieing horrible painful deaths. If middle of a final all out attack ain't the ideal place for a touching moment, then I don't know what is.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
So... Harbinger just sits there doing nothing when the Normandy arrives at the spot? This shit's even worse than before.

Erebus

Arcane
I might be wrong, but I think your teammates being evacuated was added in the EC. In the original version, they just vanished (and later somehow turned up on the Normandy).

The whole scene where everybody's running toward the magical light beam with the Reaper shooting at them doesn't look bad, but is there actually any challenge for the player or is it barely more than a cutscene ?

metzger

Educated
The whole scene where everybody's running toward the magical light beam with the Reaper shooting at them doesn't look bad, but is there actually any challenge for the player or is it barely more than a cutscene ?
Shepard can't die there.

lightbane

Arcane
So... Harbinger just sits there doing nothing when the Normandy arrives at the spot? This shit's even worse than before.

Obviously, Harbinger is following the ancient, sacred Rules of Villainy, concretely section XXIII: "Thou shall not interrupt a touching moment of the hero with whatever annoying pest he/she's currently meeting, as he/she is usually patient enough to wait for several minutes until you're done with your Speech of Villainy TM, before attacking you. Therefore, a few seconds of inactivity will do no harm".

Shepard can't die there.

So, can you ignore these husks and watch how these try to beat Shepard to death while he ignores them and slowly limps to the beam? It would be somewhat hilarious to watch.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I think he's referring to the first run towards the beam, Lightbane. The limping part, Shep can die.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The scene with Anderson was kind of cool. He never felt like that important a character, but it *is* Keith David, True Bro.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well, in the "before", your squad members just magically teleported back to the Normandy as soon as Harbinger's beam hit them. I'd say Harbinger just chillin' there is a massive improvement.

The scene with Anderson was kind of cool. He never felt like that important a character, but it *is* Keith David, True Bro.
It's kinda odd how they seem to have changed their minds about Anderson being a background unimportant character in ME1-2 to him being much more important in ME3. It's as if they made up their minds later on though, so instead of having him participate more actively they strand him on Earth within the first 10 minutes of the game and have him only appear in the comm center. Then they give him the extra appearance at the end as an apology. Still, he's one of the better written* and voiced characters so it's all good.

* Except for his "you're indoctrinated!!!!" line, which made me facepalm. Well done Sherlock! what tipped you off?

RK47

Patron

I feel the same too. It was all Hackett doing the coordinating while Anderson is doing some 'background important work' I'm glad he gets better screen time now.
But there's no more good parts afterwards. :(

This is like Spiderman meet Mephisto all over again

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
That's exactly what I was thinking. What the fuck? Previously the "beam run" was some big climactic moment where everyone was getting fucking destroyed by the Reaper, you were the only one that made it, etc... but now the Normandy and like 10 Makos just sit there doing fucking nothing the entire time? For like 30 seconds? And the Reaper just doesn't blow them up? For... no fucking reason? What the hell, BioWare, was that the best you could come up with? A jump cut to show the Normandy evacuating survivors afterwards would have made sense and wouldn't have completely derpified that scene.

Shepperd - Why bother with us if you can control the Raepers?
TIM - Because... I need you to believe.
1EsjT.gif

RK47

Patron
That character is completely devoid of sympathy at that point. I only felt sad Bio threw away his character just like that.
It would've been nice if there's a gradual turn - but nope. This guy is an asshole from the start of ME3 and derped all the way to the end.

RK47

Patron
Can't wait for Mass Effect Zero, the long awaited reboot of the Mass Effect Universe

RK47

Patron
It's over. Thank God.

EDIT: After I nearly finished the Upload I realized I typed 'Chris Hudson' when I actually meant 'Casey Hudson.' Fuck me. :?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Oh god this is so derp I had forgotten how derp it was WHY DID THE EC MAKE IT WORSE?

Altho the added ending of just shooting the star child is nice.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
You did the right thing, AvataRK47. If the humanity can be saved only through the act of pure :retarded: by an EXTREME gay nigga, then better let it die :smug:

Also, well done LP :salute:

Erebus

Arcane
This ending (especially the absurd "synthesis" option) feels like it designed by someone whose only intent was to demonstrate to everyone his artistic and intellectual genius, not realizing said genius only existed in his ego-fueled imagination.

The StarChild is so full of nonsense that trying to analyse it would only result in a headache. His "solution" is the stupidest thing ever dreamt up and Shepard's mere presence making him instantly give up on it after countless millenia of cyclical genocide makes the whole thing even dumber.

Wait.... Eh.. What?

Was the original ending even worse? Is that possible?

Also why couldn't you destroy the reapers after all?

Also, let's see one of the other endings pls

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The original ending explained less and well.... EXPLOSHUNS!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom