Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Mass Effect 3: Emotional Engagements

lightbane

Arcane
But Rk, someone has to lp the incoming DLC (yes, there's new DLC, don't forget we're talking about EA) :M

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
??????????? what are you talking about? The story is over after Ext. Cut is done is it not?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
After you finish the game it dumps you back before the point of no return with a little popup saying "Gratz on finishing game, now wait for DLC so you can continue the glorious adventures of Shepard"

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
As an aside, I am currently writing an ME3 EXTENDED CUT review. (I'm sure there's a circumcision joke in there somewhere).
Awesome, can't wait :thumbsup:

The problem is those endings appear out of context - suddenly the fact that your EMS is low affects the Lazor's frying ability.[/spoiler]
Kinda-fixed with the EC, they changed the docking cutscene if your EMS is too low and also changed a few lines at the very end so it makes a little more sense now.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Haha, oh my, whaddatwist. Kind of less effective the second time around

Also heh, BioWare should does like people dramatically gesturing and saying "bullshit!"

lightbane

Arcane
TIM : "We are not indoctrinated. We CONTROL the Reapers. I still have my own free will."

*5 minutes later*

Protean AI: "TIM has warned the Reapers of your plans"

Way to go, dude. At least that Nightwing rip-off is dead.

Drakron

Arcane
??????????? what are you talking about? The story is over after Ext. Cut is done is it not?

Remember Arrival?

Nothing says at one point they are not going to do a "what if instead" DLC that gives you the "Happy Unicorns and Rainbows" Ending, it can be done ... its pretty cleat this extended ending was just a middle finger from the writers and the producer that had to do it because they got a call from upstairs but nothing really stops them from making a DLC that just adds a new ending.

lightbane

Arcane
Considering that the Reapers are big, very slow targets, shouldn't the Macross' Missile Massacre technique be extremely effective at taking them down?

Oh wait, that would be too sensible. In any case, RK, prepare yourself for maximum derp.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
My favourite part about that death scene is how fucking unnecessary it is. I JUST KILLED THE GUY and yet we need a cutscene showing him coming back to... get his ass kicked again? Come to think of it why does Shepard sit down at that computer, and nobody notices the loud bleeding man walking up behind? Not only does it accomplish fucking nothing at all, all it does is further imply Shepard is a moron and his/her team is incompetent. W R I T I N G

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Personally, I like to think that kai leng blacked out for a minute and shepard and bros just went "wouldn't it be awesome if we pretend we think he's dead and then he sneaks up on us and then BAM, right in the kisser!"

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Nothing says at one point they are not going to do a "what if instead" DLC that gives you the "Happy Unicorns and Rainbows" Ending

I take it you haven't seen the new reworked "green" ending? :P That's about as happy unicorns and rainbows as you can get.

Erebus

Arcane
Knowing the ending makes a lot of the "last talk before the battle" with your crew rather hilarious.

All in all, I think the most retarded thing in the whole game is the fact that nobody knows what the Crucible actually does and even the Protheans themselves had no idea. Everybody assumes it can defeat the Reapers even though there's zero proof of that.

Oh, hey, remember we used to lug one of them Cains around on our backs in ME2? No way it could've been useful on Tuchanka/Rannoch or anything.
But the whole galactic fleet is going to switch to nuclear weapons, now that we've discovered - to much surprise - that one footman can take down a Reaper Destroyer, right? Right?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Oh, hey, remember we used to lug one of them Cains around on our backs in ME2? No way it could've been useful on Tuchanka/Rannoch or anything.
But the whole galactic fleet is going to switch to nuclear weapons, now that we've discovered - to much surprise - that one footman can take down a Reaper Destroyer, right? Right?

Your sarcasm is in multiple levels. :salute:
Just one question to everyone here: who should accompany Shepard?

I heard Extended Cut added a short emotional scene with a romantic interest, so I say take our favourite creepy space loli for maximum engagement. Expect a pretty tough fight near the end, though.
For the second - Space Rasta Mon, since I've found mole-popping with biotic 'splosions to be the easiest throughout the game. And stuffies.

TNO

Augur
Some of the fights near the end are pretty hard, although obviously nothing to make an FPS ubersmenchen like me quail in fear. :smug: Prothean rayguns on your squad make it easier, because those things are DLC level IMBA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom