Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play FFT 1.3 Easytype Complete

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Oh, and regarding talk skills, the reason they are less powerful is that they ignore faith and (unless they changed this part) cost no mana and have no charge time. So you can stuff them on say, a dragoon with low faith, and have some status buffs/debuffs available even without any MP. Or have them as a backup on a caster when they run out of MP or can't safely charge a spell without getting turned to paste this turn.

Also, you realize the 'traitor' status is inviting them to our party right? It's effectively permanent charm, plus stealing all their gear at once. Of course the hit rate is gonna be shit.

Damned Registrations

Don't know if you noticed, but we all got +2 brave permanently for our glorious defense of stupid dumbfuck Mustadio (seriously it's a miracle he didn't charge forward and try to sit in someone's lap when you did that mission.)

spekkio

Arcane
Yup, that (Mustadio's survival) surprised me too - I tested this mission twice before the 'real' attempt and he was getting owned right away every time.
Then I tried for real and... won without problems.
The power of the Hivemind I guess...

:roll:

BTW, I finished next mission already and DR the Chemist performed as good as Kwans in Vietnam...

:decline:

Damned Registrations

I'm just trolling you to provide greater contrast with the next setup. :smug:

It's honestly a decent build though. Hamedo (I forget what it's called now... samurais get it I think? Like counterattack but preemptive) makes it really shine, since you can counter both melee and ranged weapon attacks using the gun. And innate concentrate for using a gun + armor/weapon/shield break at long range is pretty sweet. Item whoring to round you out. Not a lot of oomph but very tanky and nothing much is immune to what it can do offense wise, so you can whittle anything down to size eventually.

Steve learns Holy and switches to Black Mage. Guzu switches to Time Mage. Both of them are very close to reaching Calculator.
They can switch to mimes as well:

tc841.jpg
Do not want, like, totally.
Dat portrait:retarded:

spekkio

Arcane
2 chemists and a samurai?

tc901.jpg

tc902.jpg

tc903.jpg

Thanks for grabbing the pistol, DR-kun - that makes Mustadio useless. Well, let's make him an archer so he can at least disable someone from a distance...

tc904.jpg

15. Balias Tor

tc905.jpg

We face some guys and gals hired to capture Mustadio:

tc906.jpg

tc907.jpg

tc908.jpg

tc909.jpg

tc910.jpg

Gayness detected... :roll:

tc911.jpg

Enemies:

Very strong and interesting team. Two knights:

tc912.jpg

tc913.jpg

Two geomancers

tc914.jpg

tc915.jpg

And two summoners

tc916.jpg

tc917.jpg

The battle was (unnecessarily) long, due to lack of strong tank (DR) and both Mustadio and Agrias being totally useless (once again, it's all DR's fault, of course)...

: x

We wait till all enemies crystallize, and end the battle

tc918.jpg

:thumbsup:

tc919.jpg

tc920.jpg

tc921.jpg

tc922.jpg

a) Things that went well

1) Enemy summoners died casting only two weak summons

tc923.jpg

tc924.jpg

tc925.jpg

tc926.jpg

2) Enemies were able to revive KOed allies

tc927.jpg

tc928.jpg

But that only made their tanks busy, and helped shit in the long run.

:smug:

b) Problems

1) Enemy gaymancers were damn strong - fuckers kept their distance and used their filthy gaymancy

tc929.jpg

tc930.jpg

2)
DR said:
Guns + Arts of War is something you gotta try out at least once.

tc931.jpg

tc932.jpg

And what's the point of using AoW anyway, except sapping MP from mages?
Why should we brake enemy equipment, when we can simply kill them and count on grabbing their stuff?

w1Hsa.jpg

c) :incline:

See point e)

d) :decline:

1) Sov survives critical hit of enemy axe

tc933.jpg

But gets Decapitated

tc934.jpg

tc935.jpg

:x

2) Enemy corpses gave us mostly items: Diamond Bracelet, Mage's Staff & Golden Helm

Sov devoured an enemy spirit, but:

tc936.jpg

:(

Bee was close to 2nd devouring, but stupid cocksucker Mustadio was faster

tc937.jpg

Fuck, I hate guests!

:rage:

e) Performance:

1) Ramza

Our main ass-kicker due to DR's decline

tc938.jpg

tc939.jpg

tc940.jpg

Survived the duel with the dual-wielding knight thanks to his high evade

tc941.jpg

tc942.jpg

2) DR

Was useful ONLY as a ranged attacker

tc943.jpg

tc944.jpg

Massive

:decline:

3) Bee

Had problems with attacking a sturdy geomancer (using 'Defense Boost' looks like a good idea, BTW)

tc945.jpg

But Bee can pull a sharp ace up her 'sleeve' now

tc946.jpg

tc947.jpg

tc948.jpg

tc949.jpg

:smug:

Only problem with using katanas:

tc950.jpg

:(

But we're filthy reach so whatever. It uses katana from the inventory, not the one you're holding, BTW. But if you have only one katana of certain type, using 'Iaido' is risky...

Anyway, Bee was able to deal with the cheating geomancer in two draws

tc951.jpg

tc952.jpg

:salute:

4) Sov

At the start he had serious problems with using his Mysticism

tc953.jpg

tc954.jpg

tc955.jpg

tc956.jpg

Was successful eventually

tc957.jpg

But enemies are prepared for status-changing attacks now

tc958.jpg

tc959.jpg

On the other hand, Sov's Invigoration is very strong ATM

tc960.jpg

tc961.jpg

5) Mustadio

Was able to disable an enemy once

tc962.jpg

But he spent most of the time KOed. Useful at sniping too:

tc963.jpg

6) Agrias

Was using items and doing some attacking

tc964.jpg

After completing the battle, we got a scene

Video 28. Dycedarg's Scheming

tc965.jpg

Dycedarg is a truBRO!

:love:

Ramza learns Dragonheart & Aurablast, Bee learns Maiden's Kiss :roll:, Gold Needle, Holy Water and Ashura, Sov learns Eye Drops, Echo Herbs, Maiden's Kiss :lol:, Gold Needle, Holy Water and switches to blackie:

tc966.jpg

Mustadio goes back to Machinist and grabs our only pistol. Let's hope DR will switch to something useful now...

It's time to reach Lionel Castle:

tc967.jpg

Video 29. The Cardinal and the Stone

tc968.jpg

Reaching Lionel gives us another scene that we can check in our Codex:

Video 30. Seekers of the Stone

tc969.jpg

There's also new Personal profile:

High Confessor Marcel

tc970.jpg

Agrias and Ovelia are indeed missing from the party:

tc971.jpg

:incline:

Our target is the City of Goug

tc972.jpg

But we have more interesting things to do before that.
First - we visit the Tavern. Three new Rumors to learn:

tc973.jpg

The Legend of the Zodiac Braves

tc974.jpg

tc975.jpg

tc976.jpg

Zodiac Stones

tc977.jpg

The Baert Trading Company

tc978.jpg

Second - we pay the Shopkeeper a visit. New items available:

tc979.jpg

Giant's Axe: Attack 16, Block 40, +Decapitate
Crossbow: Attack 7, Block 5, +Doublestrike

We can also buy full set of golden stuff now: shields, helms and armors

There are some new accessories on the display:

tc980.jpg

Rubber Boots: immune - Immobilize, negates - lightning
Protect Ring: immune - Sleep, Doom
Guardian Bracelet: immune - Immobilize, Disable

In the Items department, we can (fucking finally!) buy Ethers and Remedies

tc981.jpg

It's time to do some equalizing - Bee, WC, Steve and Guzu are below Lv 23. Bee switches to geomancer - I think it's time to put those dancing shoes on, people!

tc982.jpg

tc983.jpg

tc984.jpg

tc985.jpg

Steve and Guzu aim for Sage/Bard, BTW.

We go back to Zaland and visit a shop. New items:

tc986.jpg

Battle Bamboo: Attack 7, Block 30

tc987.jpg

Wizard Clothing: HP +42, MP +15

We can also buy Wizard's Robes from now on, which is very nice.
Since I think about an extensive use of ninjas, I buy some bombs as well

tt988.jpg

We continue to Araguay Woods and bump into some bad dudes there...

tt989.jpg

Interesting battle - two allied ents

tt990.jpg

tt991.jpg

And enemy team consists of 2 red dragons

tt992.jpg

And 4 bombs
I wasn't sure if we will able to deal with them, but decided to try. Thanks to the ents (and our 2 summoners), it went smooth as fuck actually!

:)

Ents can cast Shell and Protect with huge AoE

tt993.jpg

tt994.jpg

They can do the same with HP/MP, which allowed our summoners to kick some real ass by spamming Bahamut

tt995.jpg

Guzu is a fucking goddess of doom thanks to her staff

tt996.jpg

Steve

tt997.jpg

Well... Will be soon - when we switch him to a job that allows staffs' usage

;)

WC realizes that Dragonheart > Critical: Recover HP

tt998.jpg

tt999.jpg

tc860.jpg

:salute:

Ents do their magical stuff - shit recovers both HP & MP + has huge AoE

tc861.jpg

2nd turn of bahamuts isn't as deadly as the 1st one due to worse enemy layout

tc862.jpg

WC keeps dying, being revived by Bee, kicking some ass and dying again

tc863.jpg

Ents do their job again

tc864.jpg

And that how it goes. Due to many summonings (f.e. Steve owning two bombs at once):

tc865.jpg

Our casters level up without problems

We reach Dorter and find new items in the shop

tc866.jpg

Ninja Blade: Attack 8, Block 20

tc867.jpg

Lamia's Harp: Attack 10, Block 10, +Confuse (Bard only)
Battle Folio: Attack 9, Block 15, +Invigoration

Ramza learns Maiden's Kiss and Gold Needle (we're going to need it soon) and switches to monk

tc879.jpg

Bee reached Geo Lv. 4, so an incline is inevitable:

tc868.jpg

tc869.jpg

:eek:

XggJQ.jpg

:yeah:

dancer.jpg
Dancer

A warrior who uses Dance to hinder the enemy.
Innate abilities: none
Requires: Geomancer Lv 4, Dragoon Lv 4

a) Action abilities (Dance):

These skills target ALL enemies on a map, so they look insanely powerful. But we should check their accuracy first...

1) Witch Hunt (100): damages MP
2) Mincing Minuet (100): damages HP
3) Polka (100): reduces physical power
4) Heathen Frolic (100): reduces magickal power
5) Forbidden Dance (100): + Blind, Confuse, Silence, Toad, Poison, Slow, Stop, Sleep
6) Last Waltz (100): drops CT to 0

b) Reaction abilities:

1) Fury (350): increase physical attack power @ HP loss
2) Mana Shield (350): damage is dealt to MP instead of HP

c) Support abilities: none

d) Movement abilities:

1) Fly (500)
2) Move+3 (600)
3) Jump+3 (250)

Flying samurais, anyone?

:obviously:

Bee learns Mincing Minuet and goes back to samuraihood - there's no hurry with learning all remaining stuff. She should go Samurai-Dancer-Ninja in the future.

tc870.jpg

WC grabs his new toys and switches to Dragonheart

tc871.jpg

Steve learns Dragonheart & Defense Boost (I'm thinking about using this instead of 'Equip Heavy Armor - moar MP? Too bad that it only works against physical attacks)

tc872.jpg

Guzu reached Black Lv 5 & Time Lv 4 - further incline

tc873.jpg

tc874.jpg

:eek:

lC77J.jpg

Meet modified Calculator job!

sage.jpg
Sage

A learned warrior who uses reality altering Planar Magicks to hurt enemies
Innate abilities: none
Requires: White Lv 5, Black Lv 5, Mystic Lv 4, Time Lv 4

a) Action abilities (Planar Magicks):

Weird abilities, mostly status-changing. They cost MP but have huge AoE. This has to be tested.

1) Zombija (100): +Undead (radius 3h2v)
2) Sleepja (300): +Sleep (radius 3h2v)
3) Confuseja (300): +Confuse (radius 3h2v)
4) Toadja (300): +Toad (radius 3h2v)
5) Gravija (400): Dark damage = 3/4 of victim's max HP (radius 3h2v)
6) Flareja (400): non-elemental attack (radius 3h2v)
7) Dispelja (100): - Float, Reraise, Invisible, Regen, Protect, Shell, Haste, Faith, Atheist, Reflect (radius 3h3v)
8) Return (300): resets CT to 0 (radius 3h3v)
9) Dispelna (200): - Undead, Stone, Blind, Confuse, Silence, Vampire, Oil, Berserk, Toad, Poison, Slow, Stop, Charm, Sleep, Immobilize, Disable, Doom (single target)

doNrq.jpg

b) Reaction abilities:

1) Cup of Life (100): When HP is restored, distribute any excess among allies
2) Soulbind (300): Split any damage taken with the attacker

c) Support abilities:

1) EXP Boost (150): Earn more EXP

d) Movement ability:

1) Accrue EXP (150): gain EXP by moving
2) Accure JP (150): gain JP by moving

Another interesting thing about sage - he/she can use a wide array of weapons, from swords to staffs.
Guzu learns Zombija & Defense Boost and switches to Sage right away - no point in learning more White/Black/Time magick when all we need is summons + this new planar stuff

tc875.jpg

DR is ready to kick more ass

tc876.jpg

tc877.jpg

DR said:
Set me back up as a dragoon with equip axe and martial arts. Learn the best jump abilities then the reaction skill when you can.

(This still applies or you want something else?)

Sov learns Defense Boost and continues his path to Bard-hood

tc878.jpg

One location between us and the City of Goug:

tc880.jpg

Thanks to the decrease of guests, we need 4 units for the upcoming battle:

tc881.jpg

Who wants to go?

Damned Registrations

Yep. Send me in as described. Though the axe isn't the one I'd hoped for- in the newest patch it also adds +3 PA, which would make it much stronger (and synergize amazingly with martial arts). Ah well. Learn the highest jump height skill if I don't have it already, then learn dragoon spirit after that. I think all the other dragoon abilities are kind meh, so just learn any of them if those are learned to use up the JP. Be sure to use jump as much as possible- it should fix the axe damage variable.

Also, if Sov is coming and has high level thunder spells (and I'd hope he does, since you're equipping him with a thunder rod) switch my accessory to rubber boots to enable some friendly fire blasting. Otherwise stick with wizard mantle. Oh, and if nobody else you can control will have Item, send me in with that equipped. See if using recovery items on undead still works...

Regarding the pistol: it's both weaker than I thought (I thought it had 8 weapon power, not 6, which would nearly double it's damage) and I thought you could buy them already :embarassed: My bad. Though those seem like bizzarely low hit rates for rending skills. I even had good compatability vs those two units. Maybe the gun's concentrate doesn't carry over now or something. Bleh.

As for why you'd want to use such a strategy, well, if you weren't grinding to use a bunch of overpowered damage abilities like bahamut and lancers, permanently weakening enemies is actually pretty damned useful. :roll: Almost no other class can do this by the way. Aside from dancers or stealing equips, everyone else's debuffs are all temporary. And stealing is just a shittier hitrate than rending at 1 range.

Edit: Undead status is like, the most useless thing you could have possibly learned both for this team, and for this particular battle. I hope you spam it all fight long. :troll:

spekkio

Arcane
@pc: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Zombie_(Status)

Don't listen to DR, it's gonna be super-fine!

@CB: Don't you give up on me, girl! We have only 6 readers (2 of them seems AWOL) and 4 slots.

@DR: If Sov participates, I will probably turn him into Chemist + Mystical Arts. He sucks as Black Mage, it's just for him reaching Lv 5.

Checked out the wiki, and Dancer's abilities should be Brave-dependant. Kinda fuu, but I tested Bee's Minuet and it's not that bad - low damage, but 100% accuracy.

Damned Registrations

Protip about dancers and Mimes: retardedly OP combo with at least one of each and more than 1 of either. Works with bards too. Should try this out in a random battle once you have enough unlocks for 2 mimes + dancer + bard, if jobs get that far along.

spekkio

Arcane
Well, Bee's Minuet hits for ~14 HP so killing a Dragon may take a while... :roll:
But indeed - probably the only thing that mimes are good for is copying Dancers/Bards.

Damned Registrations

Mimes work well with any sort of Major AoE if you understand how the position their stuff really. Their base stats are insane so they hit like trucks, and they don't need to spend time charging to duplicate spells (charging makes you take 50% more damage from all sources if you hadn't noticed that yet.) Mimed Summons, dancer skills (17 damage isn't much, but if you rain status effects or lower everyone's PA/MA to 1...), Draw Out, probably Sage spells if you can deal with the friendly fire, Geomancy, Martial Arts, any high level magic really (much trickier than summons obviously). Draw out and summons are the easiest by far, summons because the AoE is so huge and has built in friendly fire, Draw Out because most of the effects center on the caster, so all you need to do is put the mime in melee range.

The thing is, miming one guy effectively = doubling that guy's output (probably a bit more given a Mime's stats) at the cost of versatility. Miming 4 guys effectively, = doubling 4 guy's outputs. Of course, the planning requires a fractactical genius. Mimes are the OP calculators nobody ever used that got left in 1.3.

spekkio

Arcane
My main problem with them is their uselessness in usual "OMG, something went wrong" situation - somebody died, a group of units was hit by status-changing attack, etc. If you use regular versatile units, you can deal with that in most cases. With 1guy4mimes team such situation = quickload...

Damned Registrations

Well 1 guy 4 mimes would be stupid, you'd still be getting 5 actions per turn. /facepalm

With 1 mime 4 guys though, you get sort of the opposite effect, potentially. You can do shit like use your mime to cast a revival spell on someone your actual healer can't get to yet. (Or revive two people at once if you're awesome enough.) 2 mimes / 3 normal guys gives you the most actions but it's only 1 extra action per 'round', at the cost of trying to effectively position two mimes, so it's not really worth it unless you're only using dance/song anyways. Or if you're using Quick spell, if that actually works (Seems too easy for an auto-win combo)

spekkio

Arcane
So, it looks like I can finally abandon this thread duo to lack of active readers.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

So? What exactly are you trying to say there?

it looks like

Does it, really?

I can finally

Good for you.

abandon this thread

I don't think so.

:?

Is a verb, so what?

Of what? Don't leave us hanging like that!

active readers

Define "active" and "reader" first.
:rpgcodex:

spekkio

Arcane
Nonono. They just want to politely let me know that I should give it up already.

:love:

Damned Registrations

Playground feels really dead with the new forums compared to before. Though maybe it's just because I'm running LPs now. At first I figured it was just because a bunch of people hadn't come back from the forum change/holidays yet, but the rest of the forums are pretty much back now, so I dunno what gives.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom