Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play FFT 1.3 Easytype Complete

spekkio

Arcane
It looks like one of these "no turning back to main map for a while" missions:

ta401.jpg

Let's do this!

ta402.jpg

Oh oh. Since I failed at 2 'training' attempts, I position my units in special way:

ta403.jpg

20. Lionel Castle Gate

Ramza plays smartarse:

ta404.jpg

But he overestimates his 'Sneak'

ta405.jpg

It's the old man. Again!

ta406.jpg

A shitload of enemy units appear

ta407.jpg

ta408.jpg

ta409.jpg

Fagots gonna fag...

ta410.jpg

Oh yeah - the reason I spread units: we're against 3 strong geomancers, 2 archers and 1 summoner. Ramza has to deal with Gaff on his own (at least long enough to open the gate).
Geos can into geo, Aim, Steal and AoW:

ta411.jpg

Main problem is their geomancy: fuckers can hit up to 4 our units at once, not only damaging them, but also inflicting status effects like Stop/Disable/Petrify.
With bad unit placement and bad luck, I was obliterated within 2 turns...

Archers are nothing special, but dangerous

ta412.jpg

Summoner is a tough customer as well

ta413.jpg

Gaff is not as hard as before, but we can do shit to his equipment and status

ta414.jpg

ta415.jpg

Plus: 7 against 5?

:(

Guzu loses her majestic helm right away

ta416.jpg

Thanks to proper positioning, we survive first enemy attack easily

ta417.jpg

Now it's time to quicksave and try different things - we have 4 units to use, and their actions will shape the outcome of the battle - if we don't kill/damage some enemies, we're done.
My main concern is keeping Guzu alive - we really need both summoners.
After some retries, I'm able to weasel out of this shitty situation...

DR heals Guzu a bit

ta418.jpg

But 2 units close to each other is a chance AI can't miss - both 'mancers hit DR and Guzu using 'mancy. Guzu ends up doomed and barely alive, but - alive!

ta419.jpg

:yeah:

Steve gets targeted by enemy summoner (Titan)

ta420.jpg

Ramza slows down Gaff

ta421.jpg

Bee heals Guzu just in case of problems. It's RAEP time!

ta422.jpg

ta423.jpg

ta424.jpg

:smug:

Of course I screw up at unit positioning (should've stayed next to the summoner - that would own him)

ta425.jpg

But anyway - Guzu softens the victims up

ta426.jpg

And Steve finishes the job

ta427.jpg

ta428.jpg

Killing one of geomancers and the summoner

:thumbsup:

The rest is easy - enemies can use X-Potions and Phoenix Downs, but dealing with 4 enemies is different than dealing with 6.
Bee loses her headgear

ta429.jpg

DR owns 2nd 'mancer

ta430.jpg

Ramza survives to the north mainly thanks to his sword

ta431.gif

One of the archer revives 1st 'mancer, so DR has to KO him again

ta432.jpg

Guzu gives up

ta433.jpg

But her and Bee's efforts to damage archer #2 pay off - Steve kills him

ta434.jpg

Remaining archer revives poor 'mancer again, which leads to Steve being damaged

ta435.jpg

Just you wait, niggers!

:(

Ramza recovers a lot of HP thanks to critical

ta436.jpg

Bee owns the archer using her dark forces

ta437.jpg

Guzu comes back to life

ta438.jpg

And sends recently revived 'mancer back to his watery grave

ta439.jpg

After some turns, DR reaches remaining 'mancer, who was hiding in the corner like a pussy

ta440.jpg

ta441.jpg

For fucks sake! :roll:

ta442.jpg

What would we do without girls powah?

We're more or less done - it's time to grab crystals/chests and own Gaff for good. It takes us a while...

Ramza opens the gate finally

ta444.jpg

ta445.jpg

Guzu grabs a free summon

ta443.jpg

Ramza, DR, Steve and Guzu gangrape Gaff using physical attacks, while Bee is grabbing all the loot (most enemies turned to chests)

ta446.jpg

ta447.jpg

lNmZ3.jpg

Since Gaff is a little bit stubborn, summoners use Ethers and own him using bahamuts

ta448.jpg

Guzu delivers the final blow

ta449.jpg

:salute:

ta450.jpg

ta451.jpg

ta452.jpg

ta453.jpg

ta454.jpg

ta455.jpg

And that's all, folks!

We can save progress now, which means that another battle awaits us right away:

ta456.jpg

Just look at these brave gals and guys!

ta457.jpg

:salute:

Well, since long time ago, I was planning to abandon this LP after reaching Act 3, but unfortunately, next battle was too much for me so I have to give up even before that...
Fucking church boys!

bGMjF.jpg

21. Lionel Castle Oratory

Video 38. French Inquisition

What can he do?

1) Powerful magickal attack with huge AoE (Bioga)

ta458.jpg

Solution: decrease his magickal power with Mindsap

2) Powerful physical attack

ta459.jpg

Solution: If only he kept using this attack, he would be a joke - it's simple to either decrease his physical power with Powersap or rely on evade and reviving KOed units. Unfortunately, he can also...

3) Ranged attack than can inflict Sleep + Zombie up to 5 units (Nightmare)

ta460.jpg

Problem #2 with this fight: you have to fix affected units using Holy Water + wake them up. Ane he can keep using this shit over and over. BTW - if zombified unit gets KOed, she/he can't be revived...

:roll:

4) Special attack that can Confuse up to 5 units (Befuddle)

ta461.jpg

Problem #1 with this battle: you can try some convoluted tactics of keeping one unit not zombified -> he will try to zombify such unit most of the time -> you fix this unit with Holy Water -> repeat 1000 times while other units keep pounding him...
But sooner or later he switches to Befuddle and you lose control over some / all units. Zombified units will start using Hi-Potions on themselves -> Game Over.

BTW - he's immune to dark and healing items won't damage him - he's not undead.

tl;dr

qKRcs.jpg

I tried this battle using different setups and approaches, but it always ends up in total fail due to our inability to protect ourselves from Zombie and Confuse.
Plus, bastard is so fast, that even a perfect plan can go to shit due to him getting turn faster than you'd expected:

ta462.jpg

Anyway, I think this battle can certainly be won using our current team, but I simply can't be arsed to fuck around with this POS of a mod any longer...

d6fYm.gif

So, it's time to brutally abort this LP (not like anybody except Chefe-kun cares...)

List of retarded shit in 1.3, even Easytype:
  • enemies have better equipment than you, some of which can't be stolen,
  • level scaling is still broken for animals - they will own you if you grind too much; and you have to grind to learn abilities, since:
  • enemies can use any ability they want (author's imagination is the limit), you can't -> some fights are piss easy, some very hard (imbalanced shit),
  • some enemies are totally broken (Milleuda recovering HP by walking AND when being hit, Gaff using HP-sucking sword...),
  • vanilla was fun, while sometimes broken (too easy if you decided to brake it) - 1.3 is NOT fun, things that could be used to your advantage were removed (cool), but at the same time, some shit that can be used by AI against you (broken equipment+abilities setups) was added (not cool),
  • it depends WAY too much on luck - enemy geomancer disabled/stoned your two units - Game Over; he missed - congratulations, you've just won!
  • most abilities still depend on Faith/Brave, which can't be modified - re-roll for units with high Brave or GTFO.

What would actually be cool to fix/add in FFT IMO:

1) Level-scaling done right, for example:
- level limits for enemies (especially animals) in random encounters - 1-5 in early stages, 5-10 in later stages, etc., re-set to higher values with new chapter / switch enemies to tougher ones,
- level-scaling for enemies in story battles, but without ability- and equipment- scaling, FFS!

2) Or change the way level-scaling works entirely - just give enemies 3-5 more levels than Ramza at the beginning of each chapter (first story battle and random encounters preceding it), adding 2-3 levels for every next story battle (and random encounters following it). If people want to outgrind battles, why not allow them?

3) All abilities should depend on unit's level, not Brave/Faith. Either this, or allow B/F modifications through some expensive items or hard-to-learn abilities.

4) Make all non-regular units (Agrias, Cid) usable ONLY in story battles - they would be much harder to use that way (still overpowered, but not as broken as in vanilla)

5) enemies and terrain in random encounters changing depending on the season: field + cats in the summer, swamp+MHDs in the autumn/spring, icefield+dragons in the winter -> that would make geomancers and rare 'movement' abilities important. But I'm not sure if engine allows for maps to be modified that way...

I'm happy to announce that I deleted the image AND saves of this abomination and started a new game of FFT Complete (vanilla game + new translation).

Shit goes smooth as fuck - I'm getting fucked over ONLY when I screw something up. 4 regular units should be enough to win the game:

ta463.jpg

:love:

*Update: I'm already almost at the end of Chapter 2 - took me 2 days.

If some of you feel smug enough to continue where I gave up, I've prepared a file with a memcard and patch I used to modify original image:

http://www.mediafire.com/?51b8kd72iesv8c1

Code:
CRCs:

Original image:		61F9565D
Modified image:		C63ECE32

Don't worry if your image has different CRC - psx images use dummy sectors, so it's not that important.

Feel free to show me how horribly I suck at such majestic, fun and balanced mod...

UUUUn.gif

It's sad to say goodbye to such a successful thread...
But don't you worry, dear readers. After all:

Drama King out!

q0JMt.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
^

Hey, woman - change the status of this thread from "In Progress" to "Decline" - I hope I can ask that much?

Goddamned sellouts...

:rpgcodex:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Sorry, I'm not a Playground mod so I can't change thread titles or prefixes. You'll still have to ask JarlFrank about things like that.

But if you don't start a new LP soon, I'm gonna complain about you in the Super Sekret Mod Forum. :P

Seriously, I'm really looking forward to whatever you decide to do next! :love:

spekkio

Arcane
W00t? Jarl is still the only mod in the CP? He That sucks...

:decline:

Thanks for all the support, Bee-chan.

As for the LPs - I'm too busy playing FFT Complete, Metroid Fusion and Ogre Battle 64.
Plus I have 4 first castlevania games prepared. And Descent 3 - Mercenary. And Unreal - Return to Na Pali...
And I recently realised that some PS2 games that worked too slow on my rig work just fine in Software mode (Fatal Frame, Front Mission 3, Shadow Hearts 1).

So...

Besides, to create a successful LP at Codex ATM you need at least one of these:
  • m4d LARP LPing skills, as shown by you in Ultima thread,
  • posting pics of hot sister (RK47),
  • LPing newshit games that Codex oh-so-totally-doesn't-care-about (RK47),
  • LPing hentai games (RK47 and everyone else).

I don't think I fit in any of the above categories, (maybe except hot sister)...

:oops:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
spekkio said:

If some of you feel smug enough to continue where I gave up, I've prepared a file with a memcard and patch I used to modify original image:

Code:
CRCs:

Original image: 61F9565D
Modified image: C63ECE32
Don't worry if your image has different CRC - psx images use dummy sectors, so it's not that important.

Feel free to show me how horribly I suck at such majestic, fun and balanced mod...

Challenge accepted :smug:
:bro: for getting this far btw.

Damned Registrations

spekkio said:

Code:
CRCs:

Original image: 61F9565D
Modified image: C63ECE32

Challenge accepted :smug:
:bro: for getting this far btw.
Made one attempt, no savestates. Spoiler:

Hahaspekkiosux.png

Damned Registrations

I guess nobody cares but I'm going to post a mini update of how the boss fight went anyways. Because my previous post did not contain enough :smug:

spekkio

Arcane
I'm halfway through Act 4 of FFT - Complete. Using underleveled team + no special fags is sure fun.

Damned Registrations

So, first of all, the team setup:

FFT0080.jpg

I can't actually recall how spekkio had these guys set up and can't be assed to check, but I changed a lot of stuff. I remember I had to swap out the bloodsword since it can't even hurt bosses. I also gave Ramza the flame shield, which I only had one of because I was trapped in between fights and the guy with INFINITE MONEY only bought one. Ahem. Anyways, the point of this setup is pretty much just to break the stats on the boss so we can deal with him more easily, and act as a backup healer/tank once that is done or if shit goes sideways. Safeguard is actually pointless ehre, but he has no other useful support skills :(

FFT0081.jpg

Bee returns to magedom. A pity we're at the particular part of the game we're at, because we'll have to be using some really weakass moveset with this awesome equipment loadout. My kingdom for some better spells learned. Ah well. I was hoping Nature's Wrath would put out some nice damage as well.

FFT0082.jpg

This is a little premature to be using and honestly needed a power gauntlet and judo outfit rather badly, but even as is, Warcupine here is our heaviest hitter by far. Fundaments there is totally useless btw, since spekki never learned the ebst most overpowered fucking ability in the entire game, which would have made the fight a complete joke. (Hint: We could have raised our physical attack stat arbitrarily high and oneshotted the boss.)
FFT0083.jpg

Steve is here because I wanted a summoner to lay down a golem to screw with the AI, and Steve had equip heavy armor, which meshes with that perfectly. He actually had body armor for the fight btw, this was taken afterwards. Things happened.
FFT0001.jpg

And lastly, we have me here, because I'm awesome. Also I'm the second best damage dealer and pretty damned tanky, which is nice for someone who has item set as a secondary, because item is useless if all you use it for is to heal yourself every round.
FFT0002.jpg

This fucker is FAST. Faster than us. And of course the starting formation doesn't let us spread out worth a damn.
FFT0003.jpg

Fortunately, Ramza blocks shit like a boss with his gear.
FFT0004.jpg

Warcupine dodged it too iirc, Bee takes it on the chin.
FFT0005.jpg

And fires back for a pitiably small amount of damage. Geomancy ain't what it used to be, apparently.
FFT0006.jpg

Did spekkio even mention this attack? Because it was fucking annoying and he spammed it constantly.
FFT0007.jpg

It seems to simply be non elemental damage over a huge area with no charge time.
FFT0008.jpg

Luckily, one of our intrepid heroes isn't a total pussy and shrugs it off. :smug:
FFT0009.jpg

I send DR in for a jump instead of bothering to rez either of these two, and he can't reach ninjabro.
FFT0010.jpg

Steve blows most of his pitiful mana supply (armor, not robes) to cast fairy and try revive these two. Of course, Bee doesn't get revived. In fact, fairy fails to revive Bee THREE GOD DAMNED TIMES over the course of this fight. Totally pain in the ass. Luckily fenix downs are plentiful.
FFT0011.jpg

I cast golem very early on in the fight too. However, two things made this pointless. First of all, they apparently fixed the AI loophole that made them go into a frenzy to melee attack people with the golem status. Used to be that the AI would even make casters use physical attacks to try and break it. Not any more. Second of all, golem never blocked any damage during the whole fight. The boss made a melee attack only 2 or 3 times, and each time was blocked by the character anyways. Total waste of not only a turn, but that entire setup, basically. Ugh.
FFT0012.jpg

Ramza pops his reaction skill after blocking the attack. Which is cool, I'd thought it only triggered from taking damage. Better reaction skill than I'd thought.
FFT0013.jpg

Oh, this move. 100% chance to hit confuse.
FFT0014.jpg

However, it only hits a single panel. Dunno what spekkio was whining about here. I'd have been laughing if this got spammed at me.
FFT0015.jpg

Incidentally, my our previous commander also exhausted our supply of high ethers, so we could only restore MP v...e....r....y....s....l....o....w...l....y....
FFT0016.jpg

Ramza helpful strips Steves clothing off to speed up the incoming rape.
FFT0017.jpg

Though that too triggered dragonheart, which was pretty awesome.
FFT0018.jpg

Fuck yeah Bee, time to display some fractactical genius play.
FFT0019.jpg

Also the spell is shiny.
FFT0020.jpg

Anyways, we're using the very first samurai skill. With a flame rod to boost the damage, which we could have been doing for about a billion years. Very powerful. Especially with black mage MA and the wizard hat + robe.
FFT0021.jpg

Along with a flame shield on Ramza so he gets healed by this bullshit. But oh, I seem to have fucked up and nuked my own guy. What a terribad player I am.
FFT0022.jpg

:troll:
FFT0023.jpg

FFT0024.jpg

Warcupine lays the smack down to the tune of 160 damage per attack. I probably should have checked all the starsign compatabilities and made the damage dealer someone with high affinity but ehhh... whatever.
FFT0025.jpg

Caught a shot of the enemy's targetting area with his Decay bullshit. Turning undead would have been a fucking godsend by comparison. He never cast it once during the whole battle. Maybe the AI can react to the use of healing spells by turning you undead or something? I didn't think it was that good. Maybe I was just unlucky. Or maybe it only has a small cross area of effect so he never cast it since I kept my guys spread out instead of circle jerking them together. Or maybe it was something he does if you break his stats too far.
FFT0026.jpg

Anyways, having the boss dish out ~130 damage to everyone in a 3 panel radius every turn is getting pretty fucking old. It can be blocked like other magic, but we don't have the setups for that shit.
FFT0027.jpg

Anyways, undead wouldn't have stopped me from healing Ramza this way anyways, or from critical recover working.
FFT0028.jpg

God I love that bullshit. Wish I could have thrown a mime in there to copy it too.
FFT0029.jpg

Incline of Bee.
FFT0030.jpg

Note that we can't look at this fucker's stats. All the real bosses in the game are like this. Algus was a sideshow.
FFT0031.jpg

However, even with his bullshit spells, fenix down spam + dragonheart + assorted healing cheese make for some diehard sons of bitches.
FFT0032.jpg

And our damage isn't completely terrible, though 96 is pretty low for a jump with that setup. I'm assuming this guy has innate defense up, since he can't possibly have bad affinity with the entire team.
FFT0034.jpg

And if his affinity were that low he wouldn't be dealing this much damage.
FFT0035.jpg

Doesn't get much grimmer than this. Of course, I pull off yet another hp restore, because I'm fucking awesome.
FFT0036.jpg

Actually, this looks worse than it is, since we have reraise active on Steve,
FFT0037.jpg

Which leads to this bullshit (which failed on Bee like I mentioned earlier :x)
FFT0038.jpg

Totally deserved the :incline: considering what Steve was working with.
FFT0039.jpg

Ramza has better than 50% evasion from the front and still damned good from the sides. Fatty can suck a dick if he thinks he can punch us to death.
FFT0040.jpg

More free reraise. Woot!
FFT0041.jpg

More bullshit long range unavoidable damage.
FFT0042.jpg

And more bullshit unavoidable AoE damage/healing.
FFT0043.jpg

This shit again? His chances would be even lower if Ramza could take his damned turn and face him.
FFT0044.jpg

Of course, he blocked it like a boss anyways, and Warcupine dodged it with his OP Reflexes. (96% frontal physical dodge right now.
FFT0045.jpg

We keep him trapped in the corner here and get a good rythm going finally, dealing a lot of damage.
FFT0046.jpg

FFT0047.jpg

He lands some hits on Ramza, but amza gets healed. Bee gets killed repeatedly, but thats easily fixed with a fenix down.
FFT0048.jpg

Or he throws spells in this direction, which are mostly wasted thanks to critical restore hp and a large hp pool.
FFT0049.jpg

Don't go thinking I was lucking the fuck out though. Aside from him landing plenty of hits on our very high evasion team, Ramza didn't land mind sap a single god damned time. Even landing it once would have made this fight much much easier.
FFT0050.jpg

Finally, we get him down to critical health. He's probably got around 2000 hp by my estimate.
FFT0051.jpg

Of course, thats a bad thing.
FFT0052.jpg

Yeah, now every time his reaction skill triggers, he gets the quick status.
FFT0053.jpg

That means he gets a free turn, in case this hasn't come up before in the LP.
FFT0054.jpg

So yeah, now the REAL fight begins.
FFT0055.jpg

Of course, this is unexpected, so my mental plan of when I'd be able to heal and shit gets thrown out the window.
FFT0056.jpg

But Ramza fulfills his role,
FFT0057.jpg

Bee... was probably gonna die anyways,
FFT0058.jpg

And Warcupine blocks too.
FFT0059.jpg

Then he gets another mother fucking turn, since he's faster than us and that's how things lined up.
FFT0060.jpg

Oh, and then my jump lands, which was scheduled before he was even brought this low. Cute.
FFT0061.jpg

Did I mention this fucker triggers his reaction skill EVERY time? He probably has 100 brave. Or I was astronomically unlucky.
FFT0062.jpg

Things start getting ugly now.
FFT0063.jpg

Even DR's tankiness has limits.
FFT0064.jpg

Bee's Reraise kicks in, but she can't revive people. Ramza could, but if we start trying to revive people now we'll get shut down by the AoE since we can't heal anyone up far enough to survive this shit and the boss still has his full stats.
FFT0065.jpg

On the bright side, since the boss's many, many attacks are just occuring in reaction to every one of our attacks, we actually have a relatively long time to finish the battle before anyone gets crystalized. He'll be able to attack a ton before that happens, and we'd probably be dead by then anyways. Thats a bright side right?
FFT0066.jpg

Having him use a melee attack or turn us undead would have been REALLY nice right about now.
FFT0067.jpg

But I'll settle for our insanely high evasion rates doing their job.
FFT0068.jpg

I start having Warcupine be the only attacker. It's better than triggering an extra counterattack for whatever pitiful damage Ramza might deal.
FFT0069.jpg

Hah, a melee swing, finally some luck.
FFT0070.jpg

Golem would have covered his ass even if the shield didn't.
FFT0071.jpg

In your face fatass.
FFT0072.jpg

:rage:
FFT0073.jpg

Well, it's not like Ramza is that dangerous anyways. Whats he gonna do, whiff a weak swing at ninjaboy? He'll probably die and get back up unconfused before he wastes a turn anyways.
FFT0074.jpg

Or, you know...
FFT0075.jpg

That could happen.
FFT0076.jpg

FFT0077.jpg

Incredibly lame reward is incredibly lame. I mean, it's the end of the chapter, give me something good for a change.
FFT0078.jpg

Also, much storyfaggotry I didn't screenshot because I'm just here to be :smug:
FFT0079.jpg

:bro:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Heh, skill sure does make a difference. :roll: Now I wanna see you break Labyrinth of Touhou even more. Hopefully you'll get back to it.

DR said:
Of course, Bee doesn't get revived. In fact, fairy fails to revive Bee THREE GOD DAMNED TIMES over the course of this fight.
DR said:
which failed on Bee like I mentioned earlier

I'm stubborn like that.

DR said:
Bee gets killed repeatedly

:lol: Those mages, ever so frail.

spekkio

Arcane
I also gave Ramza the flame shield, which I only had one of because I was trapped in between fights and the guy with INFINITE MONEY only bought one
AFAIR this one was won/found and we couldn't buy more at this moment. Can be wrong, though.

ta265.jpg

I'm p. sure I would buy 5-10 if I could. What's the point of having only one?

Fundaments there is totally useless btw, since spekki never learned the ebst most overpowered fucking ability in the entire game, which would have made the fight a complete joke
You mean "Martial Arts"? I'm using it now combined with Ninjas and it's totally OP indeed.
Don't forget that the team used in this LP was evolving during the LP: at first posters decided what to do with their units, then I decided to increase brave/faith, etc. etc.
On my current play I'm planning ahead so my setup is much better. And vanilla is much easier.

Geomancy ain't what it used to be, apparently.
As many other things...

Did spekkio even mention this attack?
Yes.

In fact, fairy fails to revive Bee THREE GOD DAMNED TIMES over the course of this fight.
Using White Magick on unit with 45 Faith? BRO, it's not vanilla...

:lol:

I cast golem very early on in the fight too. However, two things made this pointless. First of all, they apparently fixed the AI loophole that made them go into a frenzy to melee attack people with the golem status. Used to be that the AI would even make casters use physical attacks to try and break it. Not any more. Second of all, golem never blocked any damage during the whole fight. The boss made a melee attack only 2 or 3 times, and each time was blocked by the character anyways. Total waste of not only a turn, but that entire setup, basically. Ugh.
:lol: I mentioned that he uses "special" attacks 99% of the time (magickal shit that can't be reflected)

Ramza pops his reaction skill after blocking the attack. Which is cool, I'd thought it only triggered from taking damage. Better reaction skill than I'd thought
It's 1.3-related AFAIK, in vanilla it's triggered by damage. At least looks that way.

However, it only hits a single panel. Dunno what spekkio was whining about here.
I'm p. sure he was hitting 2-3 units with it, depending on their layout.
Check Nightmare and Befuddle here:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_Tactics_Enemy_Abilities#B

Incidentally, my our previous commander also exhausted our supply of high ethers
We had 2-3 (couldn't be bought yet), all of them were wasted by guests, since modders thought that allowing guest to use high-level items would be grat idea.
BTW WTF you need Ethers for? White Magick?

Anyways, we're using the very first samurai skill. With a flame rod to boost the damage, which we could have been doing for about a billion years
Yeah, we have 2 katanas in stock and the other one heals him. Big deal. AFAIR Ramza's using Blood Sword can hit him for ~100 HP and heal himself at the same time.

Along with a flame shield on Ramza so he gets healed by this bullshit
I've noticed this too, too bad that we only have one Flame Shield and can't buy more. :roll:

Or maybe it was something he does if you break his stats too far.
Could be this. But during one of the tries I didn't touch his PA/MA and he still started spamming status-changing attacks sooner or later.

I'm assuming this guy has innate defense up, since he can't possibly have bad affinity with the entire team.
Noticed this too.

Anyways, undead wouldn't have stopped me from healing Ramza this way anyways, or from critical recover working.
I'm not 100% sure if some of this wasn't changed in 1.3.

Of course, I pull off yet another hp restore, because I'm fucking awesome.
You were damn lucky, that's for sure.

which are mostly wasted thanks to critical restore hp

zr9ww.jpg

That means he gets a free turn, in case this hasn't come up before in the LP.
Of course, this is unexpected, so my mental plan of when I'd be able to heal and shit gets thrown out the window.
Welcome to the majestic world of FFT 1.3. :salute:

On the bright side, since the boss's many, many attacks are just occuring in reaction to every one of our attacks, we actually have a relatively long time to finish the battle before anyone gets crystalized.
Boy, you were damn lucky... I was always pulling out when somebody crystallized.

Having him use a melee attack or turn us undead would have been REALLY nice right about now.
Maybe AI adapts to your playstyle (what attacks you use, etc.)

:conspiracy:

:kfc:

:bravo:

So now you can continue, having a team of 5 ninjas with 70 brave, using 'Martial Arts'. Woohoo that sounds great.

:roll:

To sum up: as I wrote before, this battle can be won. But this mod is unfunny broken POS made by spergs anyway. And that'w why I switched to vanilla. Normal people can safely skip 1.3, Easytype or not.

CB said:
Heh, skill sure does make a difference.
It sure does. But he would be owned sooner or later anyway, due to many "suprises" this mod has.

Now we should GTFO from this thread - this POS of a mod doesn't deserve that much attention.

:rpgcodex:

Oh, I see, DR, you've even been on a self-imposed challenge of not including Guzu into your party, damn hardcore.

spekkio

Arcane
Post-mortem update!

Finished FFT - Complete 0.50, no glitches whatsoever, good job, moding-guys.

Achievements unlocked:

1) all special characters (not used):

nLM1A.jpg

2) Elmdore left naked:

5WAze.jpg

The Team:

a) Ramza - brofisting ninja (2x ~150-250 damage)

TlkKC.jpg

b) Drog1 - samurai (no dual-wielding 'cuz many enemies in last dungeon can brak stuff so she was using Safeguard, 8 MA is enough for decent damage, so switching her to other job isn't necessary)

Oi9vq.jpg

c) Drog2 - brofisting ninja (lol, no helm since I forgot to equip it after switching from monk 2 ninja)

MkqYa.jpg

d) Drog3 - summoner + gunner (with 75 faith she was able to inflict 200-300 damage with magickal guns)

U8INW.jpg

e) Drog4 - same us above, but + white magicks (weaker mage since he was leveling-up differently than Drog3)

JY1fc.jpg

Conclusion of this LP: use FFT Complete if you want new translation (ole' english) or vanilla (shitty translation with errors). Skip all 'rebalancing' mods, they're shit.

Thank you for your time.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Picked this thing up for iFaggotry for a long car trip. My Kodex Kool Krew is currently bumbling through chapter 2. Running CrookedBee and Azira as monks with enough jp in knight to equip heavy armor, Ramza is pure knight with items secondary, Agassi is a white Mage who recently went mystic and hellraiser is a black mage who recently switched to time mage. Spekkio is a chocobo. :smug:

UI is kind of shit on a touchscreen. You have to go through 3-4 confirmations for every action. But it's decent entertainment nonetheless.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You use an iFop? :rpgcodex:
Even though the attention whore in me whoops at being in such a kick-ass team, I'm still disappointed that we're cavorting in Jobs' universe..

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Not to worry, Azira. Your cavorting days are over, save for intervention by blackest nekomancy. :troll:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
They released it on iFaggotry? :browses Google Play:

Fuck, no version for Android. :(

WHY?!! :x

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom