Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

King's Bounty Armored Princess

vazquez595654

Arbiter
She looks ugly compared to the drawing behind her

That simply meant they could have used a better looking model. Your out-of-context bolding attempt is weak, since you left the very next supporting sentence in, which clarifies the topic sentence.

You know, you could have simply said that you're gay. That would have been a lot faster.

Gragt, I truly apologize for not understanding your level of desperation. I've got some old Playboy magazines in my garage, I think, that my bro gave me when I was 12. I could dig them up and send them your way if your needing.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I also think she'd look better without the nylons, especially since they're so shiny.
And with a smaller bra under the armor.
The hair is too tame compared to the drawing.

But still, I'd do her.

Zhuangzi

Scholar
relootz said:
Still no news on a retail release?

Nope. 1C are typically evasive about this. My standard practice with this kind of game is to get the download version if I want to pay for it and then, if I REALLY like the game (as I did with KB:TL) get the dvd version cheaply from ebay a year or so later.

I believe the Euro/UK release of KB:TL was five months after the Gamersgate/1C digital release.

4too

Arcane
American Retail News For ... KB:TL

American Retail News For ... KB:TL

Just a tip.

For "King's Bounty: The Legend", if 'here' equals Ohio, USA,

'Half Price Books' is selling KB:TL @ $9.98. About a dozen in the stack at sighting.

A regular computer store, 'Micro Center' at original release KB:TL was $39.99, yesterday was $29.99 on that shelf.

Wondering if retail bargain bin space in old style retail is getting too expensive, and too cluttered with all platform close out, and used copies,

therefore quicker transfer to odd lot resellers like 'Half Price Books'.

1C going digital first makes sad sense as box shifters and shelf space procurers struggle valiantly ever onward. :salute:

4too

Multi-headed Cow

Excellent, now that it's on Steam I can begin the waiting game for it to hit $15 or less. Or maybe I should actually play KB:TL, which I bought previously during a Steam sale and haven't yet played beyond the tutorial.

Achilles

Arcane
I preordered from Gamersgate a week ago and, when I finished the transaction, the game became immediately available on my account! So I was able to play 5 days before the official launch, that was a pleasant surprise :).

The game is a lot like the first one (= great fun) and it includes some useful changes, like the armies you can have on reserve. So far, I love it.

Zhuangzi

Scholar
Alexandros said:
I preordered from Gamersgate a week ago and, when I finished the transaction, the game became immediately available on my account! So I was able to play 5 days before the official launch, that was a pleasant surprise :).

The game is a lot like the first one (= great fun) and it includes some useful changes, like the armies you can have on reserve. So far, I love it.

What the hell? When I downloaded the game on the 19th there was no serial number so I had to wait until the 20th (i.e. yesterday). Lucky you. It is a great game though. :cool:

Heresiarch

Prophet
An NPC in the game mentioned he used to bought two-headed cows from zombie traders.

Guess what favourite RPG the developers have?

Damn straight, if a joke reference to Fallout isn't a reason to go and buy a game I don't know what is

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Emotional Vampire said:
Damn straight, if a joke reference to Fallout isn't a reason to go and buy a game I don't know what is

Vampy, you need to spend less time on Codex, your sense of humour is decaying horribly. Go get drunk and hug random people on the street.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Multi-headed Cow said:
Excellent, now that it's on Steam I can begin the waiting game for it to hit $15 or less. Or maybe I should actually play KB:TL, which I bought previously during a Steam sale and haven't yet played beyond the tutorial.

Game gets old fast. Just a warning.

Heresiarch

Prophet
After cleared out the first island (as a mage), I can say AP IS harder than TL. While early on you could already hire kickass units like inquisitors, archmages or even black knights, I don't know if there's some mechanism changed or there are simply fewer weak encouters but more harder encounters this time, but I'm facing many problems this early on:

1. Mana is a BIG concern this time, 80% of the fights I end up with not enough mana to manuever the battle. You simply can't pwn everything with fireballs, because enemy armies are BIG and it's harder to increase attributes this time.

2. Money is a BIG concern this time too, I'm completely broke down to a couple hundreds of gold now. Maybe it's because expensive units are earlier for hire now.

3. Encounters are simply harder now. It's really difficult to find a "equal strength" mob and you must face tougher armies if you want to make progress.

Other things which aren't about difficulties but still worth to mention:

1. Level up mechanism changed this time: each time you level up you're awarded with much more runes, and skills like Higher Magic take much less runes to learn too, so you'll be able to learn all the skills at the basic level very fast. Also, this time, when you level up it seems you don't get to choose what attritube you can improve, you just simply increase your leadership, which may explain why mana is strongly strained early on.

2. All troops are more unique now because they've tons of special abilities added in. Even guardsmen have some stupidly annoying 30% evasion (when they've lost over 70% of number). All in all units are very fun to choose and use.

3. Most of the skills have been revamped. Many of the skills like holy avenger seems so overpowered but actually fits the increased difficulty nicely. And perhaps it's to help offset the fact you can't choose to improve attritubes or rage/mana pool at levelling ups, many skills now have the effect of increasing attritubes or rage/mana pool.

4. New units, unit skills and spells are quite cool. Demonologists rocks, the Executioners (uber-demons) they can summon is even more so. Assassins are annoying. And the pirates can fucking evade attacks. The new Guardian Angel spells seem very powerful too, dealing ridiculous damage to anything attacking the warded troop.

5. The little dragon. All I can say is, it is VERY useful, even if you just spam the starting skill. And this time, even playing as a mage, I ALWAYS have sufficient rage to let it do something. Treasure Searcher seems pretty amazing, it'll give use extra chests of runes or money to dig up. And money is scarce this time. Did I mention its starting skill is VERY useful? Try it and you'll understand.

6. Why must my fucking princess all have the same look, just with different hair colour and costume? I want a long haired mysterious chick not some tomboy in bikini armor.

I'm pretty satisfied with the game so far, though at times it gets pretty depressing when I've found the weakest mob I can face is at least "slightly stronger". No I'm no pussy!

Troll

Scholar
yeah, Heresiarch pretty much covered it.
Having finished the original game on Imposible with 0 losses i tried the same here. While in the original game i had problems with maybe 5-10 fights, here around 50% of them give me serious trouble, having completed 3 islands with 3 more on the work i don't seem to find anymore approachable enemies ( in general strong enemies can be defeated without losses, very strong can also be beaten with a good strategy - even some lethal armies can be killed with 0 losses if they have a certain army balance )

The balance works better overall, certain unbeatable combos have been redesigned - so thee game seems to be a step forward

Heresiarch

Prophet
WTF the game already seems so frustrating even though I'm playing on "just" hard...I've 4 islands to go but there seems to have no more combat for me to do without suffering loses. I'm tempted to replay the game in normal because I simply can't imagine what kind of frustration I'm going to face when I progress into the game (IF I can get progress, that is).

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Lavoisier said:
Multi-headed Cow said:

Game gets old fast. Just a warning.

Yes, this. This is what's stopping me from playing Armored Princess: just a few minutes in and I'm already bored--not because it's not challenging (it is) or because the challenge isn't enjoyable (in theory, it is), but because the gameplay is so much same-old, same-old. I probably shouldn't have installed it in the first place, but I was hoping it'd keep me addicted for a few days like the first one did, but tedium set in real fast this time.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I've done most of the first island so far.

Though the overall feel is "more of the same", I'm enjoying it since it's the good "same" that I liked in TL. They've done various tweaks on the character system that makes it feel fresh.

Plus, I started as a Paladin now, for some variation (played Mage in TL).

@Heresiarch: I'm playing on normal and the game is rather easy so far. I've already got some good cash (15K), keep my army constantly full and fights so far on the first island are no more difficult than "slightly stronger".

Playing more to see how this evolves.

made

Arcane
Looks like this game ain't too popular on teh codex; anyway question for the pros:

I'm playing a mage (as opposed to warrior in TL) on normal and I'm having a tough time finding battles that aren't classified as invincible, or at best, lethal, which make me lose the majority of my troops. Is the game just harder than Legend? L2P issue? Mage gimp compared to warrior?

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Harder than legend. TL was piss-easy (relatively, anyway) as a mage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom