Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

King's Bounty Armored Princess

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Oh fuck, this might be a good reason to pre-order! I can't resist half-naked fantasy things!

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
The "map" is too cluttered with stuff - particle effects, sparkly stuff, lush trees, everything animated. Just distracting and slows down the PC. The pet dragon is nice touch. I tried as a mage and literally had not worry about mana at all. My strongest spell took 9 mana to cast, I had 120 mana pool and could only cast once per turn.

Very HoMM-style combat, though that's not a bad thing.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Demo works ok, except that the lower part of the screen, with the interface, got corrupted textures. It happens only in exploration mode and nowhere else. I hope that this is only in the demo and not the full game. It seems that the English demo is basically the Russian demo translated so if it is still an early version, this might explain that.

Zhuangzi

Scholar
Gragt said:
Demo works ok, except that the lower part of the screen, with the interface, got corrupted textures. It happens only in exploration mode and nowhere else. I hope that this is only in the demo and not the full game. It seems that the English demo is basically the Russian demo translated so if it is still an early version, this might explain that.

Weird. I haven't had this problem with the demo. Does the same thing happen in The Legend?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Nope. I launched TL earlier and it behaved normally. I'll take a screenshot later to show the problem.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
What happened to the turn order indicator? Is it gone in the full game too?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Right, here is a screenshot of my problem. It's quite apparent when you look at the bottom section of the screen. That's the only issue I found so far. Every other screen worked as probably intended.

screen_091113_000.jpg

I got an ATI x800xl, a bit old but still good as long as it doesn't need shaders 3.0. I tried different settings, from disabling the Catalyst AI to different compatibility options, and it changed nothing. The game is certainly playable but it is very annoying.

And as said earlier, no problem at all in KB:TL. I even played it for 20 minutes earlier to make sure.

I guess I'll try posting at the official boards, in case of. So far I haven't found any clue that someone got a similar problem. If anything, I hope that it only affects the demo and not the full game but knowing my luck ...

relootz

Scholar
Did you upgrade your drivers Gragt?

Btw does anyone know where i can buy this game in retail?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Looks like it could just be a corrupted image file. Try redownloading and reinstalling.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Drivers at the latest version (9.8). I tried going back to earlier versions (9.3 and 7.12) and the problem is still the same.

I thought of the possibility of a corrupted image and already reinstalled it after downloading it from both 1C and GamersGate. I didn't check the MD5 but I assume it is the same file anyway.

System is stable, everything working as it should, and no other glitches in any other game, or any other task for that matter.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
A moderator just replied to me on the official forum and said that it is a known but rare issue with ATI cards. It has been patched in the Russian version and so the retail English version should be fine. As I guessed earlier, the English version is exactly the same as the Russian one, excepting the text, and uses an old code of the game.

Just preordered on GamersGate then. I don't want to wait months for the boxed version. Plus the EU version will likely take longer than the US release because of all the translations.

Zhuangzi

Scholar
Spectacle said:
What happened to the turn order indicator? Is it gone in the full game too?

Like in TL, you press ALT or something to put the turn order on. I always found it distracting - too many numbers.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
SUCKY COSPLAY! AMELIA DOESN'T WEAR BRA OR NYLONS YOU WHORE!

Yeah, I know it's a model doing PR, sheesh.

I like the reserve-function, where you can put 2 troop-types "on the shelf", meaning your army can be little rounded for any occasion.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
And this time you do not need to invest points into a skill for that.

If the demo is any indication, they put a bit of work refining the formula. I was afraid they'd just put another game using exactly the same rules with only a few cosmetic changes. Even then I would have probably played it since I really loved the original but I'm glad to see differences like that.

Oh and on the subject, I quite like those legs.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
She's wearing nylons, gross. I hate fake stuff on girls. She looks ugly compared to the drawing behind her. She has no lips, bland hair, and besides the costume, she doesn't really portray a sexy girl. Her face is very plain and slightly manly. Even her eye brows don't help her out much.

Her costume looks too intricate for her to be a larper. She is a hired model right? In that case, the outfit around the bra looks terrible. And the shape of the armor at the bra doesn't match the picture, although I wonder if the original would have worked. A real model would have went bra less.

In conclusion, poorly made outfit, with a poorly chosen model = no erection for me.

Multi-headed Cow

vazquez595654 said:
She's wearing nylons, gross. I hate fake stuff on girls. She looks ugly compared to the drawing behind her. She has no lips, bland hair, and besides the costume, she doesn't really portray a sexy girl. Her face is very plain and slightly manly. Even her eye brows don't help her out much.

Her costume looks too intricate for her to be a larper. She is a hired model right? In that case, the outfit around the bra looks terrible. And the shape of the armor at the bra doesn't match the picture, although I wonder if the original would have worked. A real model would have went bra less.

In conclusion, poorly made outfit, with a poorly chosen model = no erection for me.
Hahahahahahahaha.
:receive::mhd:

relootz

Scholar
I'd sure as hell would want to be her little dragon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom