Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

praetor

Arcane
it looks like someone finally took the combat of M&B and made it look not retarded. first game with actually good first person melee? colour me interested

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I especially like this part:

''Stand tall as a brave knight in powerful armor, going it alone or finding allies to lead into battle. Complete quests with brute force. Intimidate and threaten your enemies. Be confident, arrogant, or righteous.

Sneak behind enemy lines as an invisible thief and assassinate the enemy. Stab. Snipe. Strangle from behind. Resolve difficult situations as an invisible phantom, stealing important evidence and threatening people to get information.

Win hearts as a popular bard, persuading nobles with your silver tongue and convincing them to fight one another. Use your wits rather than your muscles to get the job done. Share drinks with people, be the funny guy everyone likes… and then stab your rivals in the back when they least expect it.''

I hope the Stealth system is good and far more expansive then Skyrim. Also curious how a bard is going to work out.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
Win hearts as a popular bard, persuading nobles with your silver tongue and convincing them to fight one another. Use your wits rather than your muscles to get the job done. Share drinks with people, be the funny guy everyone likes… and then stab your rivals in the back when they least expect it.''

Yeah I really hope they have some proper options for the bard. I feel that all pen & paper bards were utterly useless or at least very un-bardish and gimmicky. So I'm excited to see what happens with a bard in this setting and with their mechanics.

Apexeon

Arcane
The debut title for the studio will combine open-world experience with a rich story and innovative gameplay elements.

So basically Yet Another Shitty Action Game Labeled As A RPG With Little Or No RPG Elements™ #89756287356243.

Yeah. We need more of this shit.

You can slap RPG onto anything today.
Looks at Borderlands :( heads for the cask wine.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Having the campaign run in UK pounds is genius. It's actually half a mil but it looks way more feasible because the numbers are lower.
Anyway, this actually sounds interesting (shady russian financier or not) and I will probably back it after an update or two.

Lancehead

Liturgist
If they have an investor who only needs a demonstration of interest, why cut the game into three acts?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I might just break my promise to myself not to back anything else on KS (until I at least play the games I backed in the past) to pledge to this. We'll see.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
If they have an investor who only needs a demonstration of interest, why cut the game into three acts?

Maybe because the investor is fickle, dunno.

clanok_foto_587.jpg

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

We're talking about several million euros here. He is just minimising the risk. If the first part doesn't sell, at least he has cut his losses short.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom