Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

SophosTheWise

Cipher
Not set during the Hussite Wars?

Vavra, I am disappoint.

:rpgcodex:

That depends on the timespan of the game. The game is probably set in 1403 which means that if the game is set over 10+ years we'll see the beginning of the Hussite Wars.

Dermi

Novice
Yeah, exactly. €18 for a game is almost nothing.
In this case you pay €18 for 1/3 of game, not the full product. Unless they give backers some significant discounts for subsequent acts, it'll be around €60 for the whole game. No that cheap, eh?

Not really. They say that Act I will be a stand-alone game with its own story and mechanics and 30+ hours of gameplay. Act II and III will be more like expansions packs.

Well, these things walk on a thin line. We get so many games for the same prices with different quality, lenght and production values. and prices so many times not really correlating to those things.

Like Mr.Guts said, don't get stuck up on wording for it being acts. See what is in the acts and whether you think that contributes to a "full game" or not.

Didn't catch that on KS page - been at work at just managed to skim through it. That sounds better but will see what will end up in the "base" game.
Backed anyway.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not set during the Hussite Wars?

Vavra, I am disappoint.

:rpgcodex:
The Pre-Hussite Wars time period in Bohemia was a complete clusterfuck so no worries there, plenty of conflict to be had. During 1403 the king was jailed by his own brother who than pillaged the country with his Hungarian armies. Fun.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pitch video is certainly hitting many of my erogenous zones. I'd definitely get $25 worth of entertainment out of something like this. Pledged. Good luck Warhorse ... though it seems you won't need luck; this thing is off like a shot.

kris

Arcane
third of the way there, looks like it will do very well for itself.

It is a good pitch that shows a game, not a concept. Only thing lacking is stretch goals, but this pitch in that aspect was quite special as it was mostly about showing interest. Still, they should think hard about some good stretch goals, not only as the money, but also the free advertising getting it will bring.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Just finishing up some interview-questions. You guys want to know anything special?
As many details regarding the combat system as possible.

Do skills affect to-hit chance or damage or weapon speed or something else?
If yes, what's the part of player skill?
How do you aim? By looking up, does the character make a high swing and by looking low, a low swing? Or do you move the mouse in a certain way?

That sort of stuff.

Tigranes

Arcane
Just finishing up some interview-questions. You guys want to know anything special?
When he talks about 9 km2 area, what is the scale?

If a prospective pledger thinks, "OK, Low-Fantasy Skyrim", what is the one correction you would make to that impression? What unique or distinctive design principles drive the game, apart from the low fantasy aspect?

LivingOne

Savant
Ask how the knight/rogue/bard will play differently?Are separate classes or is it a classeles system and can one build a jack of all trades PC?

:Flash:

Arcane
"Period accurate costumes & armour"

565dc53d30a9acaaf84eb9ce7a78d75c_large.jpg

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
What will be the scale of the large battles?
How will stats / perks work?
what "minigames" are the crafting. Sure it could work... But it could endup even worse then with menu's. And you also dont want to sit there and do the same thing 100's of times.
Will npc's try to build a relation with you and then try to backstab the player?

Edit: Also i might have missed it... but what are the plans for DRM?

Last edited:

Witiko

Educated
Is non-english dubbing under consideration?
Is Czech dubbing under consideration?
Would be neat. There is a large group of Czech Warhorse fans, who feel exceedingly patriotic about the game (what with it being set in the Kingdom of Bohemia in one of the more interesting periods of its history, being developed by a Czech team and all) and feel entitled for the Czech player to be the first-class citizen – at least as far as the localization is concerned. Mafia set quite a precedent in this regard.

Last edited:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is non-english dubbing under consideration?
Is Czech dubbing under consideration?
Let us hope. There is a large group of Czech Warhorse fans, who feel exceedingly patriotic about the game (what with it being set in the Kingdom of Bohemia in one of the more interesting periods of its history, being developed by a Czech team and all) and feel entitled for the Czech player to be the first-class citizen – at least as far as localization is concerned. Mafia set quite a precedent in this regard.
Mafia localisation was pretty good, yeah, but personally I would rather see them use the money on the game in a different way. Not a deal breaker though, just not my priority.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom