Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
Looks much better than Skyrim. Just look at that armor! :bounce:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Armor design looks good, but they need to make the people less bulky. Medieval armors just looks goofy when characters are build like wrestlers, which just wasn't the case in the middle ages.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
1486862_6780303455625xzswq.jpg

iNh2vCNFSFdTc.gif

Tigranes

Arcane
For once, a Skyrim Killer looks (a) like Skyrim, and (b) better. I'm chuffed.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Hard to be a Skyrim killer without draugr dragons.

Jury's still out on whether this is a medieval combat simulator or an actual RPG. Funny thing though is that Darklands (medieval RPG set in Holy Roman Empire) had dragons, demons and other mythical creatures.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There's 0 chance this will sell over 20 million copies like Skyrim did. It could potentially be a better game when it comes to systems and content.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Game looks even better in movement (and characters look more natural). I hope they release mod tools since they have such a solid base on a technical level, and in the case the game sucks it might be salvageable in other ways.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Glimpsed @GAF:

First real info from CZ magazine
-> no publisher found - kickstarter (500 000,-) - if they hit it rest of the devlopment pays investor(czech millionare), if not development ends
-> thx to no publisher - game will be cut to 3 episodes with 30h of gameplay each
-> main character is young blacksmith
-> equip will be realistic - layers of clothes+armor inc. underpants
-> every hit will be calculated in real time, so if you hit someone with the sword on helmet first will be evaluated damage to the helmet, further will be calulated transfer of force to the head of the enemy and other possible injuries and at the same moment will be also calculated the trajectory of the sword that slides from the on the shoulder and collarbone ...

- more info on KS with new trailer at evening

Damn.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So, crippled at birth...

I'm not terribly interested at the moment, but I hope they make it with their KS.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Glimpsed @GAF:
-> every hit will be calculated in real time, so if you hit someone with the sword on helmet first will be evaluated damage to the helmet, further will be calulated transfer of force to the head of the enemy and other possible injuries and at the same moment will be also calculated the trajectory of the sword that slides from the on the shoulder and collarbone ...

I'd buy that for $60!

Presuming that the resulting damage is also simulated in a satisfactory manner.

Wizfall

Cipher
I like the setting.
But i have no interest in backing a medieval combat simulator action cRPG "light".
People having bought and liked Skyrim might be interested though, it looked to be the same kind of gameplay even if more on the simulation side for Deliverance.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
I see this is the live thread about Kingdom Come so repost
Teasing part for the next week episode of one Czech videogame TV show cotaining Kingdom Come footage

better quality here http://play.iprima.cz/re-play/re-play-2014-3 at the very end of the vid

and some claimed-to-be-exclusive papermag tease too
https://twitter.com/levelcz/status/424228425469943808

Both coming out after the Kingdom Come homepage timer ticks to zero so I guess we'll get the ~same from developers but good to see something new.

kris

Arcane
They have more to show for their project than pretty much every kickstarter i seen. In fact the game so far looks close to finished already, while others have concept art or maybe a wonky video about a guy walking.

their game might not be directly up my alley, yet still i think I might support them in this endeavor.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Well dang, now I'll have to save money until the Kickstarter goes live. Ech, patriotism is hard.

SoupNazi

If that's gameplay footage, then that's motherfucking amazing GOTY 2014 1daypurchase

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom