Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Has anyone ever read this Torment review?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
angsting constantly

Have you forgotten about her line to TTO?

So from "constantly" we're down to "one line" now.

Just drop it, you have failed a long time ago.

0gh3r

Novice
You guys are so fracking pathetic. I mean for christs' sake, it's video-game, and you're acting like the guy just shat on your milkshake. You know what I'm pissed at? Not the damn review, that's for sure. I'm pissed about the genocide in North Korea, and how it's not being broadcasted on the news. If I'm going to verbally abuse someone, I'll be damned before I do it over some piece of entertainment made in 1997 and forgotten in 1998.

Planescape Torment may have been a good game -- I haven't played it yet, but 90% of the users who have posted in this thread have made me not want to play it. Great job to those who constantly whine about how nobody is playing good RPGs. If this is the best way you can sell your product, then you need to head on back to marketing 1.

Part of the reason I've drifted away from the hobby of gaming is because of idiots like you, who take the hobby to seriously. I just don't understand for the life of me how you can treat someone so harshly based on his opinion on a video-game. It would be something else if he was advocating the total destruction of the Jews, but having a dissenting opinion on Planescape Torment isn't quite the same thing is it?

So yeah, idiots like you are screwing up the hobby.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
fn5jb6.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
OMG, can't play anymore video games because some people take them seriously. OMG, I can't enjoy Fallout 3 because some people say it sucks.

See where I'm going?

No?

Then you ARE a retard.

Hegel

Arcane
0gh3r said:
You guys are so fracking pathetic. I mean for christs' sake, it's video-game, and you're acting like the guy just shat on your milkshake. You know what I'm pissed at? Not the damn review, that's for sure. I'm pissed about the genocide in North Korea, and how it's not being broadcasted on the news. If I'm going to verbally abuse someone, I'll be damned before I do it over some piece of entertainment made in 1997 and forgotten in 1998.

Planescape Torment may have been a good game -- I haven't played it yet, but 90% of the users who have posted in this thread have made me not want to play it. Great job to those who constantly whine about how nobody is playing good RPGs. If this is the best way you can sell your product, then you need to head on back to marketing 1.

Part of the reason I've drifted away from the hobby of gaming is because of idiots like you, who take the hobby to seriously. I just don't understand for the life of me how you can treat someone so harshly based on his opinion on a video-game. It would be something else if he was advocating the total destruction of the Jews, but having a dissenting opinion on Planescape Torment isn't quite the same thing is it?

You register, bump a month old thread and write a whiny rant about how people here (RPGcodex, RPG) take this game too seriously while you don't. I love the irony, I hope you're trolling as much as the people in the two previous pages were, else you'd be just another moron filling the free spot in the chain linking humankind and shit.

0gh3r

Novice
Hegel said:
0gh3r said:

You register, bump a month old thread and write a whiny rant about how people here (RPGcodex, RPG) take this game too seriously while you don't. I love the irony, I hope you're trolling as much as the people in the two previous pages were, else you'd be just another moron filling the free spot in the chain linking humankind and shit.
Well, first off, I've been here for a lot longer than you. ;) Secondly, this thread was linked to a forum. I didn't know when it was created, and I don't care. Reading over this thread has left a bad taste in my mouth.

0gh3r

Novice
FeelTheRads said:
OMG, can't play anymore video games because some people take them seriously. OMG, I can't enjoy Fallout 3 because some people say it sucks.

See where I'm going?

No?

Then you ARE a retard.
You don't even know who I am, so don't call me a retard. Secondly, the point being made was that people who act like children are ruining something that should be fun for everyone.

0gh3r

Novice
Hegel said:
else you'd be just another moron filling the free spot in the chain linking humankind and shit.
I didn't even read this bit until now. I think this is why I don't post here. lol

Hegel

Arcane
Thrasher said:
This is the most likely the same sick fuck of a troll that did this on RPGwatch

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthre ... 487&page=2

Idn't the internet grate?
I'm starting to think these people lack imagination (and taste).
When I play a RPG (let's say BG2) I don't even notice if voice acting is done.Most of the time I'm filling the gaps with my own imagination, except in NWN2, Neeshka's voice gave me a constant boner.
Mess Effect or Oblivion were failures even from that point of view, they lacked so much that imaginative thought could barely work.

0gh3r

Novice
Hegel said:
Thrasher said:

When I play a RPG (let's say BG2) I don't even notice if voice acting is done.Most of the time I'm filling the gaps with my own imagination, except in NWN2, Neeshka's voice gave me a constant boner.
Mess Effect or Oblivion were failures even from that point of view, they lacked so much that imaginative thought could barely work.
The storyline in Baldur's Gate 2 was very contrived in my book. Many seem to like it, but I believe I'm just spoiled by books with excellent stories in them. Much of the fantasy genre is very contrived, so it's not just Baldur's Gate 2.

0gh3r

Novice
Thrasher said:
yeah, alliteration is such a silly thing.
It's not alliteration, for it doesn't have any consonant sounds in close proximity of each other. At any rate, it sounds silly.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't think either of you two know what "alliteration" means.

0gh3r

Novice
Jasede said:
I don't think either of you two know what "alliteration" means.
No, I believe I do, for I'm learning about literary devices in my English course such as alliteration, assonance, metaphores, similies, all that.

Hegel

Arcane
0gh3r said:
Hegel said:
Thrasher said:

The storyline in Baldur's Gate 2 was very contrived in my book. Many seem to like it, but I believe I'm just spoiled by books with excellent stories in them. Much of the fantasy genre is very contrived, so it's not just Baldur's Gate 2.
I said BG2, but I could have said Torment.
The example wasn't meant to underline the "story worth" rather the ability of such games to make the player think and imagine instead of being a passive receiver.
Nowdays games are produced to be like movies, interactivy interchanged with spectacularity, hence the massive use of bloom and fancy effects and no content.

0gh3r

Novice
Hegel said:
0gh3r said:
Hegel said:
Thrasher said:

I said BG2, but I could have said Torment.
The example wasn't meant to underline the "story worth" rather the ability of such games to make the player think and imagine instead of being a passive receiver.
Nowdays games are produced to be like movies, interactivy interchanged with spectacularity, hence the massive use of bloom and fancy effects and no content.
That is a good point. In a way, the same thing has happened between books and television. When one reads a book, he thinks on every sentence or phrase or thought. When it comes to movies, people are too bombarded by visual and auditory stimuli to have time to think.

0gh3r

Novice
Thrasher said:
easy - say

hard - prove

fucking idiots
You should relax. There's no reason to call anyone a fucking idiot. Also, it's still not alliteration. You just highlighted some consonance and tried to masquerade them as examples of alliteration, when they're not. I could, in this very sentence, do what you just did, but it still wouldn't be alliteration.

Here's a good example of alliteration:

Don't delay dawns disarming display .
Dusk demands daylight .
Dewdrops dwell delicately
drawing dazzling delight .
Dewdrops dilute daisies domain.
Distinguished debutantes . Diamonds defray delivered
daylights distilled daisy dance .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom