Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Guido Henkel is back with a new game - Deathfire

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yes, I am a German movie. The audience is pretty small and most people can't stand the genre but at least I do my part giving obscure indie cinemas a movie to show.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Has there been a German movie since the 1920s? I think Amour was Austrian.

Technically speaking, Cloud Atlas was a German movie, even though one half of it was made by the Wachowskis.

The Neverending Story and Das Boot were German, too.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The White Ribbon was a German movie you could see at monocle cinemas in the US, such as the Grand in Tacoma.
I didn't like it, but hey.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Baader-Meinhof Complex was fucking awesome. About the only film I've seen which puts the 'evil terrorist's in context what with the brutal crackdown on Anti-Shah demonstrators and police killings.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
Germans are only proficient in making WWII movies, but those are pretty good (Boot, Stalingrad, Untergang, Die Brücke, Im Westen nichts Neues, etc.)

I am not sure who in my generation actually enjoys other German movie/TV productions, I personally don't know anybody.

But in the early 20th century, German filmmakers created the top productions at this time (Metropolis and Nosferatu for example). By killing or banishing the jewish artists in the 1930s, the German movie declined and Hollywood raised. I am sure, without the Holocaust and the Third Reich, Hollywood would be still in Berlin ;)

belated

Augur
Who cares about movies, Derrick is where it's at!

Every time he gets up in a suspects face and grabs hold of his collar you know it's on.

Moribund

A droglike
:lol:

I was thinking the same thing about hollywood. Maybe this adolf guy was not so wrong after all.

When you are german I think you have to publicly stand up and give a long fellating to the jews at least once just to say you don't approve of genocide, but it's hilarious to see that he chose the schlinder's list. The feel good holocaust movie :lol: Probably secretly thinking thank god this scumbag is hollywood's problem now.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
"First-person 3D RPG" is the most vague bullshit ever, if he's trying to generate excitement he should perhaps tell us what the hell to get excited about.

What's so wrong with first-person 3D RPG? Games like Ultima Underworld and Morrowind were first-person 3D. It sure as hell beats 3rd person 3D where you spend too much time fighting against the camera.
For a party based game I'd prefer isometric, though.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
"First-person 3D RPG" is the most vague bullshit ever, if he's trying to generate excitement he should perhaps tell us what the hell to get excited about.

What's so wrong with first-person 3D RPG? Games like Ultima Underworld and Morrowind were first-person 3D. It sure as hell beats 3rd person 3D where you spend too much time fighting against the camera.
For a party based game I'd prefer isometric, though.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. I'm saying that is vague as fuck. "First person 3D RPG" could mean a lot of things. TB blobber? RT blobber? First person only during exploration? Action RPG?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Germans are only proficient in making WWII movies, but those are pretty good (Boot, Stalingrad, Untergang, Die Brücke, Im Westen nichts Neues, etc.)

I am not sure who in my generation actually enjoys other German movie/TV productions, I personally don't know anybody.

But in the early 20th century, German filmmakers created the top productions at this time (Metropolis and Nosferatu for example). By killing or banishing the jewish artists in the 1930s, the German movie declined and Hollywood raised. I am sure, without the Holocaust and the Third Reich, Hollywood would be still in Berlin ;)

German WW2 movies are just sickening overdone apologist revisionism. Stalingrad had all the Germans hating the Nazis and finding it so terrible to be part of the firing squad against Soviet civilians, many of whom were partisans anyway and accordingly under the rules of war they had no protection being out of uniform. Das Boot had the commander whining about the Nazis again and how they are losing the war despite the film being set in 1941 when Germany was still on the ascendancy. I would expect the bitterness and defeatism to show up in a movie set in 1943 or 1944 but not 1941. My wife watched Stalingrad after I told her about it but she couldn't connect to the 'feeling sorry for themselves' overwrought and overthick pathos in it and that's pretty much what nagged me with German war films only I couldn't put my finger on it before then. It's always 'poor peaceloving Germans, all hate the war but it's the EVIL NAZIS that forced them to fight and they had no choice'. What crap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom